• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of cuisine do you specialize in?

Well, I grew up cooking Italian, I was trained in classic French and since then I've done just about everything(even sushi lol). Probably best at Italian though since I've been doing it for so long.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would we want Bradford back, the fan base didn't want him, he wore out his welcome, it would be insane to bring him back and take the chance that he would fail yet again?
I'll tell you why.....

Fisher is on his way out after he manages the move to LA unless something drastic happens in the way of wins over losses. Fisher also holds Sam's abilities much to the same esteem as does Coug. So, if Fisher could get his QB back in horns and save his job, why wouldn't he bring him back?

This has nothing to do with my opinion nor is it something I want, but you asked the question why.

There's your why.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you why.....

Fisher is on his way out after he manages the move to LA unless something drastic happens in the way of wins over losses. Fisher also holds Sam's abilities much to the same esteem as does Coug. So, if Fisher could get his QB back in horns and save his job, why wouldn't he bring him back?

This has nothing to do with my opinion nor is it something I want, but you asked the question why.

There's your why.

You have to figure that Snead will be projecting his job as well, which should mean not letting Fisher talk him into taking steps backward.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you why.....

There's your why.

Well, I guess I don't see how that would save his job? Even if we got the "amazing" Bradford back,, with our schedule next year and Sammies average play, plus the fact that we are more than a QB away, our record should continue to be what our record has always been with Fisher/Bradford, a losing record, and that's not saving anyone's job!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess I don't see how that would save his job? Even if we got the "amazing" Bradford back,, with our schedule next year and Sammies average play, plus the fact that we are more than a QB away, our record should continue to be what our record has always been with Fisher/Bradford, a losing record, and that's not saving anyone's job!

Did you watch the KC, Texans game yesterday. the Texans have a great D like ours but without a QB they can only do so much. I think Smith and Sam are pretty similar. I think Sam has a better arm but Smith is a great threat to run sometimes. anyway they can make the throws to give their team a chance. Hoyer, Keenum will only get you so far.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you watch the KC, Texans game yesterday. the Texans have a great D like ours but without a QB they can only do so much. I think Smith and Sam are pretty similar. I think Sam has a better arm but Smith is a great threat to run sometimes. anyway they can make the throws to give their team a chance. Hoyer, Keenum will only get you so far.

Smith is way better than Sammie! As far as Hoyer, had a good year, had a bad game, had a really bad game, all QB's have them?
It happens, Houston D also had bad game, but go ahead always blame poor Defensive play on the QB!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is way better than Sammie! As far as Hoyer, had a good year, had a bad game, had a really bad game, all QB's have them?
It happens, Houston D also had bad game, but go ahead always blame poor Defensive play on the QB!

no one was surprised Hoyer played like that. The D hung in there the 1st half. but just like on the Rams they will eventually wear out.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one was surprised Hoyer played like that. The D hung in there the 1st half. but just like on the Rams they will eventually wear out.

Yep, it's never the case when Philly hangs in there for a half though, only other QBs are blamed for their teams bad defensive play. If that had been Sammie,all we would have heard,is the defense put him in a hole, his receivers weren't getting open, his WR's dropped balls, the oline played like crap.

In your world nothing, and I mean nothing, is ever Sammies fault, but there are a ton of other QBs that get the blame when their defense doesn't show up. I'm tired of the defense is tired excuse because of poor offensive play. Ya it doesnt help, but these guys are young, they arent out there as long as some of you want to make it out to be! A bad defense might be out there 35 minutes a game, of which the clock is running on a lot of those plays when they are standing around in a huddle, penalties happen and there is time to catch your breath, same with reviews, most players aren't even a part of alot of plays, and you have constant substitutions.
If a D lineman is tanked, than shouldn't the Olineman be just as tanked having to deal with the d lineman? Depending on down and distance there are substitutions on the Dline, but not on the Oline , should be advantage to the D?

These are young athletic guys, being paid big money, so stop with the bad offense comments and make a flipping defensive stop!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop with the bad offense comments? How many times do you have to watch it before you realize it's a real issue. And the Eagles D is One of the worst in NFL not like the Rams or Texans. Are you serious? The defense doesn't know the play they have to chase and run! Way more than the offense does.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to figure that Snead will be projecting his job as well, which should mean not letting Fisher talk him into taking steps backward.
I see these two connected at the hip in the Rams organization since Fisher was reportedly heavily involved in the search that acquired Les.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see these two connected at the hip in the Rams organization since Fisher was reportedly heavily involved in the search that acquired Les.

I don't see that bond continuing to the point of going down with the ship though.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you don't see how because your disdain for Sam is too strong. Fisher knew he couldn't survive this season if he put Sam back out there and Sam were injured again. Now that it looks like he is getting another season, and it could be his last, he should be more desperate than past years. One thing about head coaches, they believe in their convictions and are not too easily swayed because sticking with your game plan is often prudent when running a team, so I don't believe Fisher's assessment of Sam has changed.

Now when it comes to QB's, honestly I can't think of too many that would actually be good fits in Fishers system, because Fisher wants a QB to be good on 3rd downs, can throw to the edges and one that wont turn the ball over if he's not going deep all the time, basically.

Case could be that guy, maybe, but I have to believe that Fisher believes that the only real problems with Sam, were the injuries. Sam proved, outside of the concussion protocol 2 game stint, that he can play the season out and that the ACL is enough in the past that if it were to happen again, it would be considered a freak thing. Unlike the second ACL, where I'm sure many believe that Sam came back too soon.

Again, this is not what I want, nor what I believe is right. I think we should move on with a QB who has a little bit of mobility and can pick up those third down situations, if were playing Fisher ball, with his legs every now and then. but I'm not Fisher, and I'm not the one who is looking to keep their job with this situation.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford had two injuries simultaneously; the concussion and his left shoulder.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford had two injuries simultaneously; the concussion and his left shoulder.
Sure, the shoulder too, but you are missing the point. My post is about Jeff Fisher and the 'why' in signing Sam.

The shoulder is of no consequence, because NFL Coaches are aware that they may lose their starting QB for a couple of games or so due to injuries. (That is why it is so important to have a quality backup)

Just look at the QB injuries this year, where QB's were lost for a game or more.

Now season ending injuries, like another to the ACL were the difference I was talking about, not a concussion, not a shoulder, not a game or two.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Qbs know how to stay upright!
They either get rid of the ball quick or they know how to beat the blitz! When a qb holds onto the ball too long well then, you know the ending! :brick:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Qbs know how to stay upright!
They either get rid of the ball quick or they know how to beat the blitz! When a qb holds onto the ball too long well then, you know the ending! :brick:
:scratch: Maybe you can provide a list of those 'great' QB's zeke who have done so well as to not miss a couple of games or so in any one season in the last five years?

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch: Maybe you can provide a list of those 'great' QB's zeke who have done so well as to not miss a couple of games or so in any one season in the last five years?

You have to look at their entire career, not just 1 particular season! There are many, Tom Brady comes to mind!