• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump......

bump……. :clap::clap:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - For the first time in three years, Sam Bradford had walked off the field after his final game of an NFL season, and he kept walking - through a tunnel to the visitors' locker room at MetLife Stadium, from the locker room to a news conference area, from behind that podium back to his locker. The room had quieted some by then, his teammates dressing quickly to board the Eagles' team bus and begin their offseasons, and Bradford paused before leaving to consider a question that, for all the tumult of these last four months, he never allowed to define him or his career.

He had seen his last two seasons with the St. Louis Rams wiped out when he tore his left anterior cruciate ligament in November 2013, then tore it again 10 months later. He had withstood his ugly weeks in September and October, when his timing was off and his throws were uncertain from all that time away. He had returned to play after sitting out two games with a concussion and a shoulder injury. And here, in sum, was what he had done: He had thrown for 3,725 yards and 19 touchdowns, had set the Eagles' single-season record for completion percentage (65.0), and had the other men in the locker room pleading publicly to owner Jeffrey Lurie and team vice president Howie Roseman to make sure Bradford didn't get away. He had proved something to them. Had he proved something to himself, too?

"Obviously, I missed those two games," Bradford said Sunday, after the Eagles' 35-30 victory over the Giants. "But I think I showed I can take hits and get back up again. Deep down, I knew I could."

This was the brightest ray of light, maybe the only one, to shine through from this dark and dissatisfying Eagles season. There have been worse Eagles teams than 2015's, than a group that needed a meaningless win here Sunday just to finish 7-9, but from the firing of Chip Kelly to the disintegration of Bill Davis' defense, from the misspent money on DeMarco Murray to the misspent money on Byron Maxwell, there haven't been many seasons that were more disappointing.

Yet from the outset of training camp, one of the primary questions that the Eagles needed to answer was whether Bradford had the ability and the staying power to be the franchise's long-term starting quarterback. He answered that question. He can.

Once Bradford re-acclimated himself to the rigors and speed of a single NFL game and a full NFL season, once the Eagles' bye week gave him a chance to refine his fundamentals, he became a quarterback capable of justifying the blockbuster trade Kelly made, and the big chance Kelly took, to bring him here. His excellent game Sunday - 30 for 38, 320 yards, two touchdowns, a fluky interception on a tipped pass - continued the upward arc his performances had been tracing since early November. Over his final seven starts, Bradford completed 68.2 percent of his passes for 1,959 yards, 10 touchdowns, four interceptions, and a 97.2 passer rating - with a fraying offensive line, with receivers who treated the football as if it were a wet, well-used bar of Irish Spring.

"What you're seeing from Sam in the last part of this year is more of what he is," interim head coach Pat Shurmur said. "You have two season-ending injuries, and these are like big-time car wrecks. It takes a while to come back from that."

More than the mere statistics, though, Bradford won over his teammates through his guts and toughness. Those aren't qualities that come up often in discussions about Bradford, but they should. They should be at the forefront of any conversation about him. For no matter how conditioned football fans may be to players' returning from severe injury, no matter how many people take those grueling rehabilitations and recoveries for granted, it wasn't lost on the other Eagles what Bradford had to go through - twice - just to suit up in Atlanta on Sept. 14 and against the Giants on Sunday.

"He had just about every form of adversity you could as a quarterback, coming into a new situation, new players, new offense, new head coach, new city, hasn't played football in two years," center Jason Kelce said. "It was a bit optimistic to expect him to play the way he's playing now at the beginning of the year."

The irony of Bradford's growth, of course, is that it puts the Eagles in such a difficult position, with such a delicate process to go through to determine his future with the team. He becomes a free agent now, and the Eagles don't have a head coach. So how do Lurie, Roseman, and Tom Donahoe handle this? Do they do everything they can to keep Bradford and make his retention a condition of hiring a coach? Do they let the new hire decide whom his quarterback should be? What will it take to re-sign Bradford to a multiyear contract? Should they franchise-tag him for 2016 and hope for the best?

"If we can retain Sam Bradford, that is the most important position on the field - on offense, defense, special teams, anything," Kelce said. "If we can retain a guy like that, that would be huge for our ball club, regardless of who the head coach is."

From Kelce to Shurmur, from Zach Ertz to Jordan Matthews, that was the consensus in the locker room late Sunday afternoon: Whatever else happens, keep Sam. Keep him here. He had earned that praise, that respect. Sam Bradford had walked off the damn field again, finally, and it's on Lurie and Roseman now to make sure that the best part of a bad season doesn't go to waste.

Well Smed this isn't from PFF but from the Eagles themselves wanting Sam back!! notice what the actual players say?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - For the first time in three years, Sam Bradford had walked off the field after his final game of an NFL season, and he kept walking - through a tunnel to the visitors' locker room at MetLife Stadium, from the locker room to a news conference area, from behind that podium back to his locker. The room had quieted some by then, his teammates dressing quickly to board the Eagles' team bus and begin their offseasons, and Bradford paused before leaving to consider a question that, for all the tumult of these last four months, he never allowed to define him or his career.

He had seen his last two seasons with the St. Louis Rams wiped out when he tore his left anterior cruciate ligament in November 2013, then tore it again 10 months later. He had withstood his ugly weeks in September and October, when his timing was off and his throws were uncertain from all that time away. He had returned to play after sitting out two games with a concussion and a shoulder injury. And here, in sum, was what he had done: He had thrown for 3,725 yards and 19 touchdowns, had set the Eagles' single-season record for completion percentage (65.0), and had the other men in the locker room pleading publicly to owner Jeffrey Lurie and team vice president Howie Roseman to make sure Bradford didn't get away. He had proved something to them. Had he proved something to himself, too?

"Obviously, I missed those two games," Bradford said Sunday, after the Eagles' 35-30 victory over the Giants. "But I think I showed I can take hits and get back up again. Deep down, I knew I could."

This was the brightest ray of light, maybe the only one, to shine through from this dark and dissatisfying Eagles season. There have been worse Eagles teams than 2015's, than a group that needed a meaningless win here Sunday just to finish 7-9, but from the firing of Chip Kelly to the disintegration of Bill Davis' defense, from the misspent money on DeMarco Murray to the misspent money on Byron Maxwell, there haven't been many seasons that were more disappointing.

Yet from the outset of training camp, one of the primary questions that the Eagles needed to answer was whether Bradford had the ability and the staying power to be the franchise's long-term starting quarterback. He answered that question. He can.

Once Bradford re-acclimated himself to the rigors and speed of a single NFL game and a full NFL season, once the Eagles' bye week gave him a chance to refine his fundamentals, he became a quarterback capable of justifying the blockbuster trade Kelly made, and the big chance Kelly took, to bring him here. His excellent game Sunday - 30 for 38, 320 yards, two touchdowns, a fluky interception on a tipped pass - continued the upward arc his performances had been tracing since early November. Over his final seven starts, Bradford completed 68.2 percent of his passes for 1,959 yards, 10 touchdowns, four interceptions, and a 97.2 passer rating - with a fraying offensive line, with receivers who treated the football as if it were a wet, well-used bar of Irish Spring.

"What you're seeing from Sam in the last part of this year is more of what he is," interim head coach Pat Shurmur said. "You have two season-ending injuries, and these are like big-time car wrecks. It takes a while to come back from that."

More than the mere statistics, though, Bradford won over his teammates through his guts and toughness. Those aren't qualities that come up often in discussions about Bradford, but they should. They should be at the forefront of any conversation about him. For no matter how conditioned football fans may be to players' returning from severe injury, no matter how many people take those grueling rehabilitations and recoveries for granted, it wasn't lost on the other Eagles what Bradford had to go through - twice - just to suit up in Atlanta on Sept. 14 and against the Giants on Sunday.

"He had just about every form of adversity you could as a quarterback, coming into a new situation, new players, new offense, new head coach, new city, hasn't played football in two years," center Jason Kelce said. "It was a bit optimistic to expect him to play the way he's playing now at the beginning of the year."

The irony of Bradford's growth, of course, is that it puts the Eagles in such a difficult position, with such a delicate process to go through to determine his future with the team. He becomes a free agent now, and the Eagles don't have a head coach. So how do Lurie, Roseman, and Tom Donahoe handle this? Do they do everything they can to keep Bradford and make his retention a condition of hiring a coach? Do they let the new hire decide whom his quarterback should be? What will it take to re-sign Bradford to a multiyear contract? Should they franchise-tag him for 2016 and hope for the best?

"If we can retain Sam Bradford, that is the most important position on the field - on offense, defense, special teams, anything," Kelce said. "If we can retain a guy like that, that would be huge for our ball club, regardless of who the head coach is."

From Kelce to Shurmur, from Zach Ertz to Jordan Matthews, that was the consensus in the locker room late Sunday afternoon: Whatever else happens, keep Sam. Keep him here. He had earned that praise, that respect. Sam Bradford had walked off the damn field again, finally, and it's on Lurie and Roseman now to make sure that the best part of a bad season doesn't go to waste.

Well Smed this isn't from PFF but from the Eagles themselves wanting Sam back!! notice what the actual players say?

NO ONE CARES!!! You want to post this crap, do it on the Eagles board...This is a RAMS board and Bradford is not a RAMS player...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO ONE CARES!!! You want to post this crap, do it on the Eagles board...This is a RAMS board and Bradford is not a RAMS player...

he's a FA so you never know. we need a QB. We should trade Foles back to the Eagles for a 3rd rd pick if Sam leaves.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's a FA so you never know. we need a QB. We should trade Foles back to the Eagles for a 3rd rd pick if Sam leaves.

Yes, we most certainly do need a QB, but i see 0% chance of that happening as far as bringing Bradford back. As far as Foles, not sure what we can get for him at this point...I saw too many bad passes/decisions from him and if I saw it, you can guarantee that NFL teams saw it at well...
Having said that...I don't think we have the type of team that needs a top notch QB to run our offense...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Foles, I suck it up, and in the off-season, find me a QB coach like John Gruden, work my ass off, get real good with my passing techniques and reading defenses, come into camp in magnificent shape for the sole purpose of re-taking the QB spot. I go back to my powerful arm and I would build muscle on my 6'6, 250lb frame.

I would stop feeling sorry for myself and deliberately go after Fisher to make Fisher eat his words and decision and then rub all that I achieved in his face every chance I could get by pinpoint passing and great play and get on with my career.

I would work on my leadership skills working with John Gruden and I get my confidence back with the same. I'd visit the young O-line studs with a renewed fire and talk with them about coming to camp ready for a new season of winning on the offensive side of the ball. "Eff Fisher and Kroneke" is what I'd paste on my mirror!!

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,889.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Foles, I suck it up, and in the off-season, find me a QB coach like John Gruden, work my ass off, get real good with my passing techniques and reading defenses, come into camp in magnificent shape for the sole purpose of re-taking the QB spot. I go back to my powerful arm and I would build muscle on my 6'6, 250lb frame.

I would stop feeling sorry for myself and deliberately go after Fisher to make Fisher eat his words and decision and then rub all that I achieved in his face every chance I could get by pinpoint passing and great play and get on with my career.

I would work on my leadership skills working with John Gruden and I get my confidence back with the same. I'd visit the young O-line studs with a renewed fire and talk with them about coming to camp ready for a new season of winning on the offensive side of the ball. "Eff Fisher and Kroneke" is what I'd paste on my mirror!!

If it were me, I'd try to see if I could practice with Kurt Warner along with maybe Bruce and Holt. I'm sure they'd have a wealth of knowledge that'd be able to help Foles if he would listen.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,889.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I seriously doubt it'd do any good. Only way you'll be able to get a rest from it is to put him on ignore.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously doubt it'd do any good. Only way you'll be able to get a rest from it is to put him on ignore.

I don't like doing that either...I believe that EVERY Rams fan has SOMETHING to contribute here!!!

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,889.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like doing that either...I believe that EVERY Rams fan has SOMETHING to contribute here!!!

I can understand that. By this point, it's like they're going in circles over and over again with the same arguments, with coug either not realizing or not caring that nobody else is the least bit upset that Bradford is long gone and very likely not coming back.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that. By this point, it's like they're going in circles over and over again with the same arguments, with coug either not realizing or not caring that nobody else is the least bit upset that Bradford is long gone and very likely not coming back.

I have to agree with that!!!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Coogie
He has played 63 out of 80. Every game his rookie year 2010. 10 games in 2011 and all of. 2012 then he blew out his knee twice! I think it's funny no one says a word about paying Nick foles $24 million for sitting on the bench??

You cant even add right! :L
He's played 6 seasons so far! That's 96 total games not 80! He's played in 63 out of 96! He's missed 33 games as a pro! When he was here he only played in 49 out of 80 games! That's pathetic!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Coogie
He has played 63 out of 80. Every game his rookie year 2010. 10 games in 2011 and all of. 2012 then he blew out his knee twice! I think it's funny no one says a word about paying Nick foles $24 million for sitting on the bench??

You cant even add right! :L
He's played 6 seasons so far! That's 96 total games not 80! He's played in 63 out of 96! He's missed 33 games as a pro! When he was here he only played in 49 out of 80 games! That's pathetic!

Yeah they didn't list 2014 because he didn't play I guess. Still doesn't changes The fact we don't have a quarterback now. Why do you think Fisher gave Foles that contract? Because he didn't want to be in the exact position that he is in right now without a quarterback. He would've been a free-agent. But it backfired. And on Bradford being hurt that's called very bad luck doesn't have anything to do with is throwing ability when given enough time and not laying on his back.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they didn't list 2014 because he didn't play I guess. Still doesn't changes The fact we don't have a quarterback now. Why do you think Fisher gave Foles that contract? Because he didn't want to be in the exact position that he is in right now without a quarterback. He would've been a free-agent. But it backfired. And on Bradford being hurt that's called very bad luck doesn't have anything to do with is throwing ability when given enough time and not laying on his back.

The best ability is availability. Foles may have been benched, but he was a live body available to play. The extension was a bad decision, and keeping Bradford would have been as well.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best ability is availability. Foles may have been benched, but he was a live body available to play. The extension was a bad decision, and keeping Bradford would have been as well.

Well he played this year. Do you honestly think we don't win at least two more games with Bradford? I pretty much guarantee you we don't get shut out in the second half against the 49ers. that's one....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he played this year. Do you honestly think we don't win at least two more games with Bradford? I pretty much guarantee you we don't get shut out in the second half against the 49ers. that's one....

What would 2 more wins get us? Missing the playoffs with a worse draft pick with no starting QB under contract for 2016. I don't think Bradford makes that much of a difference on the Rams anyway. Running team, not passing team.