• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why the hell do you burn a 3rd round pick on a QB that won't even see the field, even in preseason?

Another reach and another project.

Sure it's only week 2 in the preseason.. But guess what? Next week is week 3. :L

I think I speak for many us fans when I say, "All we want to see is a good effort and our team show up on a consistent basis." That's something Fisher has had difficulties with since he got here.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which translates into more "glorified practices" until week 6 as well. A good coach has his team ready to play any and every game. You don't just pick and choose which games you show up.

When you put a uniform, you go to battle. If it's only for 1 quarter or 1 play... You don't just show up and go through the motions. Going through the motions is a bad habit and one that you DON'T want any team to get used to.

This your opinion. That's great. And I will agree if and when we play a GAME this season in that way.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why the hell do you burn a 3rd round pick on a QB that won't even see the field, even in preseason?

Another reach and another project.

Sure it's only week 2 in the preseason.. But guess what? Next week is week 3. :L

I think I speak for many us fans when I say, "All we want to see is a good effort and our team show up on a consistent basis." That's something Fisher has had difficulties with since he got here.

You really shouldn't speak for anyone but yourself but thats your call.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This your opinion. That's great. And I will agree if and when we play a GAME this season in that way.

It's not a secret that Fisher's teams have been late to the party since he got here. And from all indications from what I saw last night, we are behind again - maybe even further than last year.

Why does it take a team until week 6 to hit the effort button? I see plenty of other teams that get after it in preseason.

Not only was there a serious lack of effort last night on primetime, but we looked lost on the majority of snaps as well.

I think all of us would like to see some of the talent and progression from our team on primetime TV. Was there anything positive you could take away from last night's game? Only thing I can think of is there was no injuries.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a secret that Fisher's teams have been late to the party since he got here. And from all indications from what I saw last night, we are behind again - maybe even further than last year.

Why does it take a team until week 6 to hit the effort button? I see plenty of other teams that get after it in preseason.

Not only was there a serious lack of effort last night on primetime, but we looked lost on the majority of snaps as well.

I think all of us would like to see some of the talent and progression from our team on primetime TV.
The history you speak of cant be denied. The rest depends on how much value you put into preseason.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The history you speak of cant be denied. The rest depends on how much value you put into preseason.

No one puts a whole heck of a lot into preseason.. But when you start they way we have for the past... God knows how many years, I think we all would like to see SOMETHING/ANYTHING positive. But most of all effort is at the top of that list.

And that's on a coach for not having a team ready to play. We've all seen it countless times in the past 4 years.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one puts a whole heck of a lot into preseason.. But when you start they way we have for the past... God knows how many years, I think we all would like to see SOMETHING/ANYTHING positive. But most of all effort is at the top of that list.

And that's on a coach for not having a team ready to play. We've all seen it countless times in the past 4 years.

What you have seen and what others have seen and what I saw maybe completely different. What I took away from the game was typical Fisher vanilla preseason. Were there positives yep. Negatives sure.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, that is bullshit. You will get bent out of shape like the rest of us.

Ok eyes of a snake! I call bullshit on your bullshit call! Did you see where I said "yet". I barely watched any of the game last night, I find preseason games almost unbearable to watch, they aren't showing me much of anything, plays are vanilla and there's alot of guys out there that aren't going to make the team anyway.

So Yiu are wrong, I'm not getting "bent out of shape" watching some preseason games! And if this continues into the regular season, then yes I will get bent out of shape, that's why I said "not yet"

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you have seen and what others have seen and what I saw maybe completely different. What I took away from the game was typical Fisher vanilla preseason. Were there positives yep. Negatives sure.

What were the positives? Besides no one getting hurt..

And I guess the word vanilla means "we looked clueless" ? Effortless? Lost?

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What were the positives? Besides no one getting hurt..

And I guess the word vanilla means "we looked clueless" ? Effortless? Lost?

You are free to guess anything you like. If you came away from the game with zero positives then nothing I can add will change that.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee looked like a football team. They were ready to play against our "vanilla" style of play that we bring to the table in preseason... Then the Rams always press the button and it's on come week 1.

Oh wait.. :tsk:

I'm not bent out of shape. I'm just used to this team looking like this early in the season and don't understand why Fisher continues to not have his team ready to play.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are free to guess anything you like. If you came away from the game with zero positives then nothing I can add will change that.

I just stated 1 positive and asked you what else you saw that was positive in the game last night.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on SJ76. It is sheer lunacy to think that these Rams can flip a switch and suddenly open the season with positive records like 3-2, 4-1, or even 5-0 like the Rams of old. There is a pattern here with Fisher and it is ONE of the reasons we finish the year 7-9 and 8-8 nearly every year for the last 4 years. Another factor is complete lack of talent.

This is not about wins and losses in the preseason but a team attitude, discipline, and desire to win that was clearly evident in the last two teams we played-Tennesee and the Raiders both of whom have a completely different attitude and discipline resulting in better play on the field that is very clear to nearly everyone. And the new coaches turned their teams around in less than a year just like Ahrens did here in Phoenix.

Some fans here just can not see that for the trees and then make ridiculous statements that it is only preseason. Geez.

Last edited:

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on SJ76. It is sheer lunacy to think that these Rams can flip a switch and suddenly open the season with positive records like 3-2, 4-1, or even 5-0 like the Rams of old. There is a pattern here with Fisher and it is ONE of the reasons we finish the year 7-9 and 8-8 nearly every year for the last 4 years. Another factor is complete lack of talent. Some people just can see that for the trees.

I'm concerned, I can't even see the trees!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have watched the same movie about 4-5 times, you tend to know what's going to happen.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee looked like a football team. They were ready to play against our "vanilla" style of play that we bring to the table in preseason... Then the Rams always press the button and it's on come week 1.

Oh wait.. :tsk:

I'm not bent out of shape. I'm just used to this team looking like this early in the season and don't understand why Fisher continues to not have his team ready to play.

I understand your frustration and on many levels agree. I just don't have my panties in a wad over a preseason game. The reason I don't debate the pros and cons is I see no point to it. Joyner played great but I am sure you can find many who didn't.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Precisely and this same old movie is playing again only with new talent and more promises that were covertly suggested by Snisher. The "problem" continues and it resides mostly with Fisher who wants to be the players friend instead of being a coach hellbent on winning.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your frustration and on many levels agree. I just don't have my panties in a wad over a preseason game. The reason I don't debate the pros and cons is I see no point to it. Joyner played great but I am sure you can find many who didn't.

NO one's panties are in a whad. LOL

I along with others, just want to see effort on primetime TV. And we all don't want to see a 2-5 start. AGAIN. This coach just doesn't impress me. Not having your team ready to play is on Fisher. Hell our kicking/punting game was even bad last night.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on SJ76. It is sheer lunacy to think that these Rams can flip a switch and suddenly open the season with positive records like 3-2, 4-1, or even 5-0 like the Rams of old. There is a pattern here with Fisher and it is ONE of the reasons we finish the year 7-9 and 8-8 nearly every year for the last 4 years. Another factor is complete lack of talent.

This is not about wins and losses in the preseason but a team attitude, discipline, and desire to win that was clearly evident in the last two teams we played-Tennesee and the Raiders both of whom have a completely different attitude and discipline resulting in better play on the field that is very clear to nearly everyone. And the new coaches turned their teams around in less than a year just like Ahrens did here in Phoenix.

Some fans here just can not see that for the trees and then make ridiculous statements that it is only preseason. Geez.

Effort = Attitude no doubt. Discipline definitely. We are going to have to live with growing pains of a young offensive line, so I expect some holding calls.

The learning curve is going to be interesting. But the effort should never stop because it's "only a preseason" game. If that's the case, then we shouldn't take the preseason practices too seriously either I guess.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO one's panties are in a whad. LOL

I along with others, just want to see effort on primetime TV. And we all don't want to see a 2-5 start. AGAIN. This coach just doesn't impress me. Not having your team ready to play is on Fisher. Hell our kicking/punting game was even bad last night.
Fair enough.