• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok eyes of a snake! I call bullshit on your bullshit call! Did you see where I said "yet". I barely watched any of the game last night, I find preseason games almost unbearable to watch, they aren't showing me much of anything, plays are vanilla and there's alot of guys out there that aren't going to make the team anyway.

So Yiu are wrong, I'm not getting "bent out of shape" watching some preseason games! And if this continues into the regular season, then yes I will get bent out of shape, that's why I said "not yet"

I was joking. :thumb:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll use this analogy. When I am training for a powerlifting competition, I start 12-16 weeks out and I enter a "training cycle". In that training cycle, I am going to eventually get to a one repetition maximum in each of the requisite lifts with one week to go before the meet attempting my maximum weights at least twice. So at some point in that cycle, I'll be practicing my max lifts in the strictest of form so that I am mentally prepared to actually execute those max lifts in the presence of judges.

So let's say my max on a bench press with the correct pauses at the bottom of the lift and at the top before racking the bar is 380 lb (which I have successfully completed in a competition) with feet firmly planted and my butt attached to the bench. I'll be damn sure to execute that weight at least twice before entering the meet and I am nearly very certain, I'll successfully complete those maximums.

If I don't practice correctly, there is no way in hell I am going to successfully complete those max lifts in the meet and I sure as hell am not going to suddenly flip a switch and jump up and bench a 400 lb press just because I am stoked about the meet. It seldom happens and I can tell you I have witness countless lifters trying that strategy only to be buried under the bar and looking like a total dweeb.

The same goes with these Rams. They are doing diddly in practice or at least their practices have little goals and purposes focused on winning because we look totally unprepared in all facets of the game last evening and Tennessee looked the exact opposite. Our offense continues to struggle, our defense shows up when it wants, and when you have Hekker and Zeurlein missing kicks, you know this coach does not know what he is doing and how to effectively prepare a winning attitude into a team. I think we are nearly back to blind squirrel moments again.

Last edited:

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll use this analogy. When I am training for a powerlifting competition, I start 12-16 weeks out and I enter a "training cycle". In that training cycle, I am going to eventually get to a one repetition maximum in each of the requisite lifts with one week to go before the meet attempting my maximum weights at least twice. So at some point in that cycle, I'll be practicing my max lifts in the strictest of form so that I am mentally prepared to actually execute those max lifts in the presence of judges.

So let's say my max on a bench press with the correct pauses at the bottom of the lift and at the top before racking the bar is 380 lb (which I have successfully completed in a competition) with feet firmly planted and my butt attached to the bench. I'll be damn sure to execute that weight at least twice before entering the meet and I am nearly very certain, I'll successfully complete those maximums.

If I don't practice correctly, there is no way in hell I am going to successfully complete those max lifts in the meet and I sure as hell am not going to suddenly flip a switch and jump up and bench a 400 lb press just because I am stoked about the meet. It seldom happens and I can tell you I have witness countless lifters trying that strategy only to be buried under the bar and looking like a total dweeb.

The same goes with these Rams. They are doing diddly in practice or at least their practices have little goals and purposes focused on winning because we look totally unprepared in all facets of the game last evening and Tennessee looked the exact opposite. Our offense continues to struggle, our defense shows up when it wants, and when you have Hekker and Zeurlein missing kicks, you know this coach does not know what he is doing and how to effectively prepare a winning attitude into a team. I think we are nearly back to blind squirrel moments again.

While I would never question your methods in your own competitions. To accept the rest in relation to the Rams means the entire system is broke and all the coaches etc are clueless. I am not ready to buy into that. The season may prove me wrong.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: I'm at a loss. There is no explanation. Another season of lack luster football?...Fisher Football. I'm fed up. With a possible move in the Rams future Fisher may survive the season fielding a team like this for the fourth year in a row but no other coach on any other team would. :gaah: Tired my buttocks!

Reactions: gb2

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: I'm at a loss. There is no explanation. Another season of lack luster football?...Fisher Football. I'm fed up. With a possible move in the Rams future Fisher may survive the season fielding a team like this for the fourth year in a row but no other coach on any other team would. :gaah: Tired my buttocks!

Good to see you Ram. But all is not lost. Tired is a lame excuse. And makes me question why Fisher feels he needs excuses. If you use preseason strictly for talent evaluation no excuses are necessary. Now if you were playing too win.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shall see Ozark.

As you are well aware Retro there are plenty of theories out there about the Rams. One I find particularly disturbing is that the Rams will dog it this year because of the move.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw yesterday, you guys stink, and your coach is clueless.
Have a nice season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I have seen that nonsense, Ozark. We have bigger problems. We don't know how to win on a consistent basis and Fisher is failing in that mode as well. We need a disciplinarian who has winning as paramount, knows how to win, and has done it (sometimes several times in the case of Coughlin) with Superbowl wins such as a Vermeil or a Tom Coughlin both of whom are retired or will be soon. Fisher is proving after four years he is not that guy. He'll ameliorate the move and get us established in LA but that's is about it. As someone has already stated, Fisher is the king of 7-9 and 8-8 seasons.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I have seen that nonsense, Ozark. We have bigger problems. We don't know how to win on a consistent basis and Fisher is failing in that mode as well. We need a disciplinarian who has winning as paramount, knows how to win, and has done it (sometimes several times in the case of Coughlin) with Superbowl wins such as a Vermeil or a Tom Coughlin both of whom are retired or will be soon. Fisher is proving after four years he is not that guy. He'll ameliorate the move and get us established in LA but that's is about it. As someone has already stated, Fisher is the king of 7-9 and 8-8 seasons.
Just not ready to ride that train yet. Time will tell.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, Ozark. Again, it may work out but if the last four years gives us any indication of the future season, you'll be buying a ticket to that ride soon enough.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would piss anybody off gb2. But your assessment is fairly accurate as many of us are pissed as well at the habitual poor effort of this team followed by excuses by a coach who claims he knows how to win in this league.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, Ozark. Again, it may work out but if the last four years gives us any indication of the future season, you'll be buying a ticket to that ride soon enough.
I guess if I had one gripe with the team it would be tackling. Everyone seems to be shooting for the high-lite reel. What is being called the kill shot. And its great if it works. But if you bounce off the guy he gets 5 more yards . Wrap up people.

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
followed by excuses by a coach who claims he knows how to win in this league.

Sadly Fisher looks worn out. Maybe burnout? He was a good coach for a while, but maybe his day has passed.
I thought the Rams were gonna be great after last year. I still don't unnerstand the Foles/Bradford trade, but we'll see.
I like Tre Mason, dude is a stud, which makes me wonder about the Gurly pick.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly Fisher looks worn out. Maybe burnout? He was a good coach for a while, but maybe his day has passed.
I thought the Rams were gonna be great after last year. I still don't unnerstand the Foles/Bradford trade, but we'll see.
I like Tre Mason, dude is a stud, which makes me wonder about the Gurly pick.

The Bradford trade was on Bradford. Gurly was BPA. I wonder how long Fisher would last on the open market?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw yesterday, you guys stink, and your coach is clueless.
Have a nice season.

I guess the positive here is that the Cowboys have looked pretty shitty too. Not sure how much Tony/Dez have played but...

gb2

I Hate Orange.!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have looked pretty shitty too.

I ain't on that bandwagon this year.
When the press and owner keep telling us this is a S.B. team, I cringe.
I still like the Boys, just can't stand that a-hole Jones.