• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The main reason the Lions suck!!!

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame the fans. As soon as "the season ticket holders" reject this product, the Ford family will wake up, maybe. 10,000 per game might just get this done. I quit my season tickets years ago, and that's a fact Jack.:yes:

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ was not a everyday practice participant last few years anyway.

Yeah, but what message does that say to the rest of the team?

Great player- Yes
Great leader- Absolutely not

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want guys like Burleson again? Limited talent but leaders. I will pass on that suggestion. Many here keep saying it is looking like 2008. There is a huge difference in talent between that team which had only CJ and this team. Blaming anyone but the coaches for this years mess is misguided at best.

Let's take your other favorite team the Patriots. The gold standard to which other franchises should strive.

If Belicheck told Brady to take off 1 practice a week (which he probably wouldn't). Brady would tell Belicheck to eat a dick.

Lions coaches tell Megatron he can take days off and he's like "cool, thanks bro".

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame the fans. As soon as "the season ticket holders" reject this product, the Ford family will wake up, maybe. 10,000 per game might just get this done. I quit my season tickets years ago, and that's a fact Jack.:yes:

For the first time in my life, I feel like the Fords may actually sell. Who is gonna run the team when Martha is gone, her daughters??

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just might just be the funniest thread I've ever read.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure as hell wasn't speaking this season. More the jump ball era and the drop era against Balmer and others.

The smile he flashed when the camera guy rolled to the sideline after his crucial fumble against Seattle and then him getting nicked up and not even attending practice was enough for me. He is the highest paid player and should be the player that others look up to. He doesn't give a rats ass whether he wins or loses.

Honestly doesn't matter who the next GM or coach is. Other players always look to their best players when the game is on the line. I don't think any players rally around CJ or Stafford.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard Caldwell blame the media for 1-7. Says it's the most negative city he's ever coached in.

Shit is falling apart fast.

LOL, he should try Philadelphia, Washington, New York....

Yeah, he says the media's questions are stupid and pointless. The media is only asking the questions that the fans want answered. So I guess the fans are to blame too. An easy out so you don't have to look in the mirror and consider the garbage coaching staff you've assembled, or go after your boss for striking out in the draft year after year.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or go after your boss for striking out in the draft year after year.

Can't go after the boss because no other GM will ever hire him again. Knowing THEY could get thrown under the bus for doing a bad job.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't go after the boss because no other GM will ever hire him again. Knowing THEY could get thrown under the bus for doing a bad job.

Agreed. But he's gotta know that neither the media nor the fans are buying any of his bullshit, so why say it? Makes him look like he needs these...

Manpons.jpg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but what message does that say to the rest of the team?

Great player- Yes
Great leader- Absolutely not

As the great Allen Iverson once said "PRACTICE? WE SITTING HERE TALKING ABOUT PRACTICE?":suds:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh was quiet also. He may have lead in different ways like CJ. He really wasn't that vocal leader on the field and locker room.

Agree 100%. Suh was quiet off the field. I agree, like CJ they helped lead with their play on the field. Off the field?

Suh was worried about only one person, himself. It is why he would be the only guy on the team to skip OTA's, to workout on his own. It is why he held out to the highest bidder in free agency. It is why he did all the cornball reality TV shows.

As a player -- I loved having Suh. Talking about him as a leader though -- He was a man of few words, just like Calvin.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin has never been a leader, it's just not his thing. I heard an interview w Bell before the season where he said guys wish Calvin would speak up more, but that he's really quiet and to himself. Can't be perfect I guess.

I can't fault a guy if being a vocal leader isn't his thing. Some people are born leaders and others would rather let their actions do the talking.

I'd much rather Calvin be like he is, than act like Dez Bryant and be a distraction all the time. As Rob said -- no one is perfect.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. Suh was quiet off the field. I agree, like CJ they helped lead with their play on the field. Off the field?

Suh was worried about only one person, himself. It is why he would be the only guy on the team to skip OTA's, to workout on his own. It is why he held out to the highest bidder in free agency. It is why he did all the cornball reality TV shows.

As a player -- I loved having Suh. Talking about him as a leader though -- He was a man of few words, just like Calvin.

Emotional leader. Led with emotion.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't give a rats ass whether he wins or loses.

I've never believed any sports player who say they want to win. I might be persuaded by the guys who take the hometown discount at times. IMO he never intended to do what it would take to keep Suh. I don't blame a guy for getting what he can.

Look at what his yearly salary amounts are to ride this contract out. Hell no he don't want to be traded. He's in the driver seat. Collect what he can from this contract and when he gets cut before the 2017 season he wil get signed again by a contender.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emotional leader. Led with emotion.

Explain to me how Suh is an emotional leader? When I think of an emotional leader -- I think of Ray Lewis. Suh is the polar opposite of Lewis, IMO. Both great players, but very different in their approach.

I see Suh as someone who leads by example on the field. Same as Calvin.