• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The main reason the Lions suck!!!

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin Johnson (ankle) did not participate in the Lions' bye-week practice.

Johnson was not even on the practice field. It would have been surprising if Johnson practiced during the bye, but it is not a great sign he did not even attend the session. Johnson's status will be updated many times before Week 10.

Source: ESPN

This may be controversial but I think this is one of the main reasons the Lions suck. I get that the coaching and "X and O's" aren't great. But this is a classic example of absolutely ZERO leadership on the field to help any coaches. CJ rolled his ankle a bit and COULDN'T EVEN ATTEND practice on the bye week of a team that is 1-7. He is supposed to be a leader of this team, it's what he is getting paid 15-20 million a year to do.

If you remember during Jim Schwartz tenure. He let Calvin take off every Wednesday (or maybe it was Tuesday?). Instead of saying no, I need to be out there to help support the guys, he took the days off. I understand the body needs rest but he can at least be out there to show his face. No team mates are going to respect him as their best player and team leader and nobody is going to respect the coach for giving him preferential treatment just cause he's the best player.

Stafford is not developing into a team leader and holding Megatron accountable for this lackadaisical attitude towards practice or improving. I'm a Stafford basher but he does have franchise QB tools. He can't really express leadership when the receiver is way better than him. It was great to see him yell at his O-line finally and get in their faces. It is a young group and he should be bitching them out for not doing their jobs.

To sum up.
At the end of the day, team mates rally around each other and generally look to their best players to lead them to victory. Sounds crazy because I love watching CJ play but he has to go. He is meant to be more of a complimentary piece on a team with leaders at this point of his career.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want guys like Burleson again? Limited talent but leaders. I will pass on that suggestion. Many here keep saying it is looking like 2008. There is a huge difference in talent between that team which had only CJ and this team. Blaming anyone but the coaches for this years mess is misguided at best.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burleson was a decent signing. Not much you can do about crazy injuries.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is much better than last year. We got rid of that meanie, and now the Lions are the nicest team in the league.

#niceguys

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may read more into this after the deadline. Was he held out for those reasons? Not that he was or is being traded. Just if a suitor called...?

CJ was not a everyday practice participant last few years anyway.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin has never been a leader, it's just not his thing. I heard an interview w Bell before the season where he said guys wish Calvin would speak up more, but that he's really quiet and to himself. Can't be perfect I guess.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want guys like Burleson again? Limited talent but leaders. I will pass on that suggestion. Many here keep saying it is looking like 2008. There is a huge difference in talent between that team which had only CJ and this team. Blaming anyone but the coaches for this years mess is misguided at best.

Not really. That team had one great player (Calvin) and no one else, and this team has one great player (Ansah) and no one else.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard Caldwell blame the media for 1-7. Says it's the most negative city he's ever coached in.

Shit is falling apart fast.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin has never been a leader, it's just not his thing. I heard an interview w Bell before the season where he said guys wish Calvin would speak up more, but that he's really quiet and to himself. Can't be perfect I guess.

He's that quiet leader where it shows up on the field. Sometimes that is not leadership and its sorely needed here.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard Caldwell blame the media for 1-7. Says it's the most negative city he's ever coached in.

Shit is falling apart fast.

Waiting for it to be our fault, the fans. All because we're negative about this shitty team. I wished to read of him being fired this morning. I was let down even in a bye week.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's that quiet leader where it shows up on the field. Sometimes that is not leadership and its sorely needed here.

Fans don't realize that Suh was the emotional leader of this team. He single handedly changed the culture here. Now we have no identity because guys like Stafford and Calvin aren't really leaders. True leadership is something this team missed for years, and is desperately missing again.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fans don't realize that Suh was the emotional leader of this team. He single handedly changed the culture here. Now we have no identity because guys like Stafford and Calvin aren't really leaders. True leadership is something this team missed for years, and is desperately missing again.

Suh was quiet also. He may have lead in different ways like CJ. He really wasn't that vocal leader on the field and locker room.

The best Suh aspect I loved was he never stopped until the whistle or in some cases after the whistle too. Figured I would state the last before someone else did.

None the less Rob, he is missed immensely.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Production wise? Yes he is.

Attitude and off field shit, he is also. It is what it is sometimes. I looked past some of Suh's shit also.
What are you even talking about?

I was good on this shit when TPaul left.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you even talking about?

I was good on this shit when TPaul left.

I like Tate as a player. Liked his signing then and now. Never was Nate fan. IMO he talked too much with no results.

I will never attempt to get another stinkeye, ever. As long that correlation is never written again. Fuck, I may even start a DK HOF petition.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You liking Tate as a player is the main reason the Lions Suck!

As far as I'm concerned it's illogical.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell can't blame me - I didn't even watch a minute of the last game!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You liking Tate as a player is the main reason the Lions Suck!

As far as I'm concerned it's illogical.

My Tate talk is really only to troll you. I miss the one liners when your trolled. I'm just glad you never used my shower. Am glad you slammed me twice there.