• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The LeBron in Winter

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is longevity stats and then there is true greatness, at the greatest moments.

It's the difference between say ..Favre & Brady

Lebron is Favre, MJ is Brady.

What???? LeBron is playing at an elite level, and he has been playing at that level for nearly two decades. I've never heard someone say that LeBron is a longevity stats guy. You make it sound like LeBron is Eli Manning.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's worth nearly a billion dollars. He has every reason to be having the time of his life right now. But you haters will always hate. No matter what he does some will always have an issue with him.

Can't fault the guy for what he does off the court that's for sure.. However, I do see why people don't like him as a player...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually yes. I can.

Kobe, after the Achilles injury, playing on very young teams that had little expectation to win, turned into "Uncle Kobe" and concentrated on mentoring some of the young Lakers and other young stars around the league. After his career, he commented on how much he enjoyed that. Obviously, he would have preferred being in the title hunt, but he knew the situation and made the best of it.

I don't think MJ was putting a lot of pressure on himself to win titles when he played for the Wizards. It was more about proving that at age 38-39 he could still be a viable NBA player.

For Lebron, this roster that he wanted has blown up on him and the Lakers told him at the ASB, this is your mess, we're not bailing you out by trying to make a trade that doesn't amount to much more than re-arranging the furniture and claiming you got new stuff. Doing that, along with AD still being out, effectively removed any pressure to win a title this year.

That allows him to play basketball just because he loves playing and he can chase individual records that he's never chased before. Seems getting to just play without pressure for the first time since his 2nd year in the league could be pretty fun.
Not a bad take.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't fault the guy for what he does off the court that's for sure.. However, *I do see why people don't like him as a player...*

If you don't like his game, *which is what you've said*, you simply don't like the NBA. I've seen better scorers, rebounders, defenders, and better players at dishing out assists. But I have never seen one player put it all together like he has.

No NBAer has had the spotlight on him during his career like LeBron. And not only has he met all the expectations put on him, he's surpassed him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad take.

And just to be clear, I am not a Lebron fan and while I am gflad about the title the Lakers won with him, I'd have been fine with it if they had decided to not signhim and just stuck with the kids they had to see if they could develop into something.

I heard a caller on the Dan Patrick Show this morning say that what Lebron was really saying is "the worst year playing basketball is still better than the best year working a real job." lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen better scorers, rebounders, defenders, and better players at dishing out assists. But I have never seen one player put it all together like he has.

Yep. Lebron is the greatest "swiss army knife" that the game has ever seen. It used to be Magic, but Lebron is basically a bigger, stronger, faster version of Magic.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't fault the guy for what he does off the court that's for sure.. However, I do see why people don't like him as a player...

See, I kind of see it as the opposite.

Lebron, off the court, can be very polarizing with some of his political views and SJW stuff.

But Lebron on the court, is one of the most team oriented players ever.

His insistence on trying to play GM can be a bit off putting...but even then, he's won at least one title at all 3 stops and this is the first year that it has blown up on him.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wins another championship with what we can all see is a hopeless, trash roster then I think LeBron might have a case. But until that time, it’s MJ all day.

I wish everybody would just let it rest honestly. It’s two different eras so do your 1A or 1B however you want. Biggest question is would LeBron’s body hold up in the 80s and 90s because again we’re talking about two different eras

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's worth nearly a billion dollars. He has every reason to be having the time of his life right now. But you haters will always hate. No matter what he does some will always have an issue with him.
He could fix that, it’s in his power not to be a hypocrite several times a year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Lebron is the greatest "swiss army knife" that the game has ever seen. It used to be Magic, but Lebron is basically a bigger, stronger, faster version of Magic.

He doesn't have Magic incredible court vision though. But to be fair, I don't anyone has.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could fix that, it’s in his power not to be a hypocrit several times a year.

Yeah I know. LeBron's the only hypocrite in the league. He's also the only player that flops & complains to the refs.

People that don't like him will always have an issue with him no matter what.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I know. LeBron's the only hypocrite in the league. He's also the only player that flops & complains to the refs.

People that don't like him will always have an issue with him no matter what.
Lots of guys flop, not everyone makes a mockery of the platform they have been given with stupidity though.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish everybody would just let it rest honestly. It’s two different eras so do your 1A or 1B however you want. Biggest question is would LeBron’s body hold up in the 80s and 90s because again we’re talking about two different eras

There's no doubt LeBron would have been just fine playing in the 80's & 90's. He's a freak of nature.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of guys flop, not everyone makes a mockery of the platform they have been given with stupidity though.

:laugh3:

Your hate of him is shining brightly.

And like you said alotta players flop. Odd you never have an issue with anyone other than LeBron though.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no doubt LeBron would have been just fine playing in the 80's & 90's. He's a freak of nature.
Not what I said. Would his body have held up as good in a much more physical League where you didn’t take a lot of games off either.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

Your hate of him is shining brightly.

And like you said alotta players flop. Odd you never have an issue with anyone other than LeBron though.
I promise you I have never said one single word about Lebron flopping

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not what I said. Would his body have held up as good in a much more physical League where you didn’t take a lot of games off either.

How many different ways you want me to answer your question? Already said he'd be fine in 80's/90's.

And since my original answer wasn't good enough for you for some strange reason yes, his body would have held up in that era.

I've now answered your question three times. Would you like me to say again his body would have held up in that era? Oh wait, I just did. I hope three answers to the same question is good enough for you.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many different ways you want me to answer your question? Already said he'd be fine in 80's/90's.

And since my original answer wasn't good enough for you for some strange reason yes, his body would have held up in that era.

I've now answered your question three times. Would you like me to say again his body would have held up in that era? Oh wait, I just did. I hope three answers to the same question is good enough for you.
:L

He could very well have played less years back then than he does now which is the entire point there Cletus. His longevity has a lot to do with the style of play in today’s game

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

He could very well have played less years back then than he does now which is the entire point there Cletus. His longevity has a lot to do with the style of play in today’s game

Look jackass I'm not playing your dumb little game today.

You think he wouldn't be able to play in the 80's/90's and I think he'd be just fine.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I promise you I have never said one single word about Lebron flopping

Okay. You just criticize everything else about him. It's all good though. You don't like LeBron the player. You're not the first or the last person to feel that way.