• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The LeBron in Winter

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(some a you old heads will get the reference in the title)

Anyhoo...got a nice buzz on, and in weedo veritas so this is a legit thought

I'm liking this version of LeBron. Dude's 37, only good player standing on his team that ain't doing shit this year...career in the winter phase...

So go hero ball, Kobe style, grab those stats, why not. It's entertaining as hell watching that legend do shit like drop 50 over and over or go 38/11/12 like tonight. Add in chasing Laker legend Kareem, in a Laker uni, I mean, are you not entertained?

Again, dude is 37 and still a top 5 player in the league. Been that for almost 2 fucking decades.

We are lucky to have seen that dude play ball.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very lucky to witness this.

Will go down as the GOAT most likely.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, in my opinion he can’t pass MJ, and Kareem is in the conversation.

I have more or less checked out of the GOAT convo. If we consider that MJ, Lebron and Kareem are the 3 most deserving to be in the convo...how do you separate them when you consider that they are 3 completely different players?

I really don't see an objective way to differentiate between them.

Last edited:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is longevity stats and then there is true greatness, at the greatest moments.

It's the difference between say ..Favre & Brady

Lebron is Favre, MJ is Brady.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I witnessed MJ and James is not far off.

With gas in the tank to catch and pass him.
If he wins another championship with what we can all see is a hopeless, trash roster then I think LeBron might have a case. But until that time, it’s MJ all day.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have more or less checked out of the GOAT convo. If we consider that MJ, Lebron and Kareem are the 3 most deserving to be in the convo...how do you separate them when you consider that they are 3 completely different players?

I really don't see an objective way to differentiate between them.
The convo is part of the fun of fandom, but you are correct that there's no objective "correct" answer. Only opinions and arguments.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is the clear cut GOAT when it comes to bitching and complaining! That's for sure! Also for being a lazy ass and not getting back on defense..

Lebron James Sport GIF

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it ...could you imagine MJ or Kobe being in 9th place in thier Conference and saying:

"I'm literally having the time of my life right now,"

That tells you all you need to know about Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it ...could you imagine MJ or Kobe being in 9th place in thier Conference and saying:

Actually yes. I can.

Kobe, after the Achilles injury, playing on very young teams that had little expectation to win, turned into "Uncle Kobe" and concentrated on mentoring some of the young Lakers and other young stars around the league. After his career, he commented on how much he enjoyed that. Obviously, he would have preferred being in the title hunt, but he knew the situation and made the best of it.

I don't think MJ was putting a lot of pressure on himself to win titles when he played for the Wizards. It was more about proving that at age 38-39 he could still be a viable NBA player.

For Lebron, this roster that he wanted has blown up on him and the Lakers told him at the ASB, this is your mess, we're not bailing you out by trying to make a trade that doesn't amount to much more than re-arranging the furniture and claiming you got new stuff. Doing that, along with AD still being out, effectively removed any pressure to win a title this year.

That allows him to play basketball just because he loves playing and he can chase individual records that he's never chased before. Seems getting to just play without pressure for the first time since his 2nd year in the league could be pretty fun.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually yes. I can.

Kobe, after the Achilles injury, playing on very young teams that had little expectation to win, turned into "Uncle Kobe" and concentrated on mentoring some of the young Lakers and other young stars around the league. After his career, he commented on how much he enjoyed that. Obviously, he would have preferred being in the title hunt, but he knew the situation and made the best of it.

I don't think MJ was putting a lot of pressure on himself to win titles when he played for the Wizards. It was more about proving that at age 38-39 he could still be a viable NBA player.

For Lebron, this roster that he wanted has blown up on him and the Lakers told him at the ASB, this is your mess, we're not bailing you out by trying to make a trade that doesn't amount to much more than re-arranging the furniture and claiming you got new stuff. Doing that, along with AD still being out, effectively removed any pressure to win a title this year.

That allows him to play basketball just because he loves playing and he can chase individual records that he's never chased before. Seems getting to just play without pressure for the first time since his 2nd year in the league could be pretty fun.
People have narratives of players in their heads and think they were the same way every day every year. They're people, they're allowed to recognize when they aren't going to win a ring and play for other reasons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have narratives of players in their heads and think they were the same way every day every year. They're people, they're allowed to recognize when they aren't going to win a ring and play for other reasons.

Yep. Imagine the Warriors just "playing out the string" with Steph. I doubt people would be doing much complaining if he decided that he was just going to try to destroy all 3 point shooting records.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's worth nearly a billion dollars. He has every reason to be having the time of his life right now. But you haters will always hate. No matter what he does some will always have an issue with him.