• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The league needs more Richard Shermans

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr model citizen Crabtree has a more questionable character to me than Sherman. I would trust Sherman as a friend any day. I hope that Alfred Morris stiff arms Sherman's face as he scores a td one day but I still respect Sherman as a man and a player.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr model citizen Crabtree has a more questionable character to me than Sherman. I would trust Sherman as a friend any day. I hope that Alfred Morris stiff arms Sherman's face as he scores a td one day but I still respect Sherman as a man and a player.

So wait, you have no respect and actually question the guy who basically just does his job and stays out of trouble. But you respect the guy who popped positive for PEDs and is basically a walking ass bag?

Wow.... just WOW.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i consider crabtree a little bitch for holding out. what rookie does that?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i consider crabtree a little bitch for holding out. what rookie does that?

Lavar Arrington for one, Patrick Ramsey and plenty of others. And if the worst he ever does is hold out for the best deal he can get, still makes him better that some one who takes PEDs.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar Arrington for one, Patrick Ramsey and plenty of others. And if the worst he ever does is hold out for the best deal he can get, still makes him better that some one who takes PEDs.
im not defending sherman at all. im just saying a rookie that thinks hes hot shit shouldnt be all for holding out a whole year because heyward bey got more money than he did. shows hes all about the money before he even proved anything.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if the TRUTH is offensive to an individual. The TRUTH is just that...it's TRUTH...it isn't offensive.

Realistically, I have no idea what your point is.

I know that you don't........... you're able to define your failings better than I ever could so, Let's just leave it at that!!!

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well why don't we bring back the fun bunch then and just have parties in the end zone everytime we score? There's a reason they banned celebrations in the end zone.
And Mr.Sherman boldness and cocky attitude is no better.
That being said I don't dislike him either, just part of the game.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well why don't we bring back the fun bunch then and just have parties in the end zone everytime we score? There's a reason they banned celebrations in the end zone.
And Mr.Sherman boldness and cocky attitude is no better.
That being said I don't dislike him either, just part of the game.

You definitely bring up a great point about end zone celebrations. The NFL is hell bent on preventing these, however they don't have a clue on how to enforce taunting. I think the end zone celebrations are part of the game. Just start the play clock sooner and you force them to get off the field or into the huddle.

Sherman is not breaking any rules, so he can't be criticized for his attitude since he is performing at such a high level. If he was a stiff or if he was being penalized, he would have to change. Throw in the fact that he is getting in the heads of his opponents makes it more logical for him to continue his demonstrative ways. Until he hurts his team he will continue.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the mic on sherman shows he tried to shake crabtree's hand and he said "hell of a game " and crabtree pushed his helmet away '

seems to me i misjudged sherman . i dont like the rant but i understand it easily now

Brock2005

Intellectual Bully
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've hated this clown WELL before this incident. He's been an ass for a while. now. He runs his mouth too much. I have NEVER liked players like that. This guy is one of the most hated players in the league. Everyone is just now seeing it because of that interview. He's had beef with Brady, Megatron, Rivas, Trent, Jimmy Graham, Crabtree and others and he's only been in the league TWO years!
I disagree with the premise that Sherman's behavior is a requirement for football. One need only look at a few of my favorite players as examples. Peyton Manning, Darrell Green, London Fletcher, RG3, Alfred Morris, Megatron, etc. I could go on and on. These players may talk on the field but we'd never know and when the game is done we never hear anything about antics. I'm sure Sherman is a great guy to those who know him. However, there are many who dislike him and his juvenile antics. Count me as one of those people. Education and charitable works are great and I give him credit for them. However, his antics are simple-minded and asinine. I don't like them and NEVER will. Some chose to ignore them and give him the benefit of the doubt. Count me among those who do not.

‘When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.’ - Paul Brown

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny to see how many people hate this guy. He is the ultimate teammate. 31 teams hate him and 1 team loves him.

1: Sherman has been saying since about mid season that Earl Thomas is the defensive MVP. Anyone remember this?

2: He has intimidated players with his actions. So did Dick Butkus, regarded by some including Bill Curry as the greatest player who ever lived. Butkus would stick the football in your face if he made an interception after the play was over, and he would say fvck you during the hand shake before the game. He got in people's heads for reasons more than just his fierce hitting. Sherman got in Kaepernick's head on the last play of the game, as CK said he was going to Crab no matter what before the ball was even snapped. Shame on you Colin. Now Sherman is staring in the new beats by dre commercial (which was Colin's previous gig)
giggle.gif
. This is so fvcking hilarious.
3: The NFL needs villains. JY_19 said this in an earlier post, as the league is too vanilla now. I throw in how hard it is for a corner to be "this guy", as they are on an island with crazy responsibilities, in an era that plays to the offense. The rules have made it this way. Bravo Richard Sherman!

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really say I hate him, S. Taylor was my favorite player at one time, dude used to spit in people's faces so I guess that would make me a hypocrite if I said Sherman was an ass. Haha

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't really say I hate him, S. Taylor was my favorite player at one time, dude used to spit in people's faces so I guess that would make me a hypocrite if I said Sherman was an ass. Haha

They are trying to pussify the game Sublime. Make it viewable for the female audience. Just watching the morning NFL show on NFLN, and you see how the lady hosts ask questions to their guests like, can you dance for us now, or do you ever wear pink at home?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that you don't........... you're able to define your failings better than I ever could so, Let's just leave it at that!!!

This is the post you and I are referring to. Read it and see if you even know WTF you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkekoa
The media doesn't owe us anything. They are in the business of making money and reporting on the truth (ideally). They shouldn't be nice and not cover something because somebody was a dumb ass and said it.
Based on your response, if it was the truth (ideally) the only dumb asses are those responding as if it were not so......Or maybe the truth should only be spoken when it doesn't offend....right???

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the mic on sherman shows he tried to shake crabtree's hand and he said "hell of a game " and crabtree pushed his helmet away '

seems to me i misjudged sherman . i dont like the rant but i understand it easily now

Not at all. Imagine if it went the other way. You don't go to a guy IMMEDIATALLY after a play that lost the game and say "helluva game" because even if you are sincere, it will be taken as a smart ass play. Based off what we know of Sherman, it was a smart ass statement.

Save the good game statement until the game is over.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame anyone - the whole thing was overblown & did no harm. Kids see way worse on many media outlets at this time. It was not even worth being debated - it was a complete joke.

It was overblown because of the media. The fine was "just" according to the law. If they don't enforce that one, what prevents more "accidents?"

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was overblown because of the media. The fine was "just" according to the law. If they don't enforce that one, what prevents more "accidents?"

Have no problem with any fines. The problem I have is from both the media (as you mention) & people that I know that portrayed this as one of the worst things ever - laughable. I doubt that this would even raise an eye at this time.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Imagine if it went the other way. You don't go to a guy IMMEDIATALLY after a play that lost the game and say "helluva game" because even if you are sincere, it will be taken as a smart ass play. Based off what we know of Sherman, it was a smart ass statement.

Save the good game statement until the game is over.

sorry i dont see the malice in sherman at that point you guys are too much CSI

i dont like the rant i dont like all the chest thumping but as far as i am concerned crabtree was the jerk

the choke sign is all on sherman though

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the post you and I are referring to. Read it and see if you even know WTF you are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkekoa
The media doesn't owe us anything. They are in the business of making money and reporting on the truth (ideally). They shouldn't be nice and not cover something because somebody was a dumb ass and said it.
Based on your response, if it was the truth (ideally) the only dumb asses are those responding as if it were not so......Or maybe the truth should only be spoken when it doesn't offend....right???

Clearly you don't know WTF you're talking about, because if you did you would know that more often than not the truth offends more than a lie.

Knuckle head this part was written by you..........."The media doesn't owe us anything. They are in the business of making money and reporting on the truth (ideally). They shouldn't be nice and not cover something because somebody was a dumb ass and said it."

........................................ AND..................................

This part was written by me......................"Based on your response, if it was the truth (ideally) the only dumb asses are those responding as if it were not so......Or maybe the truth should only be spoken when it doesn't offend....right???"

That last part (underlined) was me setting you up to.......well......respond in the manner that you have. You can't help it you were born that way. So to clarify, More often than not, the truth offends more than a lie. Good luck working that out....it's way over your head.!!

Last edited by a moderator: