• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The league needs more Richard Shermans

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems to me that when a player is caught up in his emotion when the moment calls for exactly that. I'm sure that there were others who were cursing and acting outside of their public selves. Sherman had just made the play of the game for his team the cameras wanted his reaction and got it. Now we're all supposed to be appalled because of a perceived cultural standard??? If that cultural standard was in effect for Sherman then the media who originally and now constantly replay it has to meet that same standard that is all I'm saying.

There's a lot of crap on TV, broadcast and cable/satellite a lot of it reality type stuff...........well welcome to the world of the ORIGINAL reality programming...........Sports!!!!

Sty... I think that is where we differ in opinion. I think a mans true nature only comes out in times of stress. So when you see these guys make statements like this right after a game, thats their true nature coming out. Its easy to have some one from the PR department whip up a statement after you blunder. the true class acts are the ones who HOLD their composure despite the emotion of the moment. Sherman acts like a dick in those situations simply because.. well... dude... he's a dick. Much like I think RG3 acted like a spoiled brat determined to get his way since January because he is a spoiled brat used to getting his way. Dez Bryant acted like a kid with no real bearing because.. well thats who he was. All these kids CAN grow up, and grow out of their questionable behaviors. But I think we got enough issues that even if Sherman were a free agent I wouldnt want him.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was nice to see Hank Aaron backing Sherman today.

Sherman also reiterated that this whole thing was driven by his dislike for Crabtree.
At the charity event, Crabtree must have really pissed him off. Doesn't surprise me that Crabtree acted like a diva in all places, at a charity event.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys... when you have to issue statements that say Im not a thug and I didnt do drugs to make me a better player... you might be a thug and a druggy. Im just saying. Solid players dont NEED to issue rebuttal statements. If Im the best at something I dont NEED to tell every one Im the best. Its like a man who is boinking his secretary coming home every night to tell his wife Im not nailing her. An innocent man rarely needs to defend his actions. But a guilty man will proclaim his innocence even when no one questions it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Richard Sherman on the field. He should play the mental games on the field. But I have never heard somebody say what he said in an interview. That's why he's a THUG...a piece of shit.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious......was it his fault for saying it or the medias fault for covering it??? Which has the greater responsibility to the public and those kids that some believe we should coddle?

Why does fault have to be mutually exclusive? They are probably both to blame. I am long past the point of expecting the media to be responsible. That ship sailed a long time ago. Also - there is no way that Fox could have expected a reaction like this in a post game interview.

Over the last few days even Sherman admitted that his statements were immature. I give him credit for that. Again - I believe that as he matures you will see less of this type of behavior. He also needs to tone it down somewhat since obviously it has resulted in some real emotional reaction from other players (Crabtree, T. Williams, etc) & unfortunately that could result in some negative consequences for Sherman down the road.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media doesn't owe us anything. They are in the business of making money and reporting on the truth (ideally). They shouldn't be nice and not cover something because somebody was a dumb ass and said it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media doesn't owe us anything. They are in the business of making money and reporting on the truth (ideally). They shouldn't be nice and not cover something because somebody was a dumb ass and said it.

Fair enough. That also needs to include any over-the-top religious nuts who went wacko a few years ago because Janet Jackson exposed her boob for a few seconds. What a joke & complete overreaction. Media was also innocent on that one.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does fault have to be mutually exclusive? They are probably both to blame. I am long past the point of expecting the media to be responsible. That ship sailed a long time ago. Also - there is no way that Fox could have expected a reaction like this in a post game interview.

Over the last few days even Sherman admitted that his statements were immature. I give him credit for that. Again - I believe that as he matures you will see less of this type of behavior. He also needs to tone it down somewhat since obviously it has resulted in some real emotional reaction from other players (Crabtree, T. Williams, etc) & unfortunately that could result in some negative consequences for Sherman down the road.

No one said that it was mutually exclusive....I was just making the point that almost everyone was acting as if this man had done something extraordinary or contrary to what is the norm for football players and not focused at all on the mechanism that delivered it to them.

BTW; I absolutely hope that you never get your wish....to see this type response less in the future, it was real, spontaneous, refreshing and made a point. I'm sure what you're seeing now is a result of the blowback from the holier than thou types who want their entertainers without opinion or bereft of human emotion. The thought that there could be some sort of consequence for Sherman off field is genuine, however if you are of the mind that what he said could result in some sort of negative reaction on the field, a lot worse is said on every play by players.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on your response, if it was the truth (ideally) the only dumb asses are those responding as if it were not so......Or maybe the truth should only be spoken when it doesn't offend....right???

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said that it was mutually exclusive....I was just making the point that almost everyone was acting as if this man had done something extraordinary or contrary to what is the norm for football players and not focused at all on the mechanism that delivered it to them.

BTW; I absolutely hope that you never get your wish....to see this type response less in the future, it was real, spontaneous, refreshing and made a point. I'm sure what you're seeing now is a result of the blowback from the holier than thou types who want their entertainers without opinion or bereft of human emotion. The thought that there could be some sort of consequence for Sherman off field is genuine, however if you are of the mind that what he said could result in some sort of negative reaction on the field, a lot worse is said on every play by players.

Then simply put he needs to learn to leave it on the field and keep it between the whistles. Of course he came out and admitted his comments were a bit over the top. Likely because some one (his agent maybe) mentioned to him that it was bringing negative press that he didnt need. IM all for guys playing hard and giving it their all on every play. But I also think Sherman isnt the type of player or person I would want on the Skins. Im just not a fan of his personality or his style of play.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. That also needs to include any over-the-top religious nuts who went wacko a few years ago because Janet Jackson exposed her boob for a few seconds. What a joke & complete overreaction. Media was also innocent on that one.

Blame the FCC. If Janet had an accident...fine. If you get into an accident, don't you still have to pay?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on your response, if it was the truth (ideally) the only dumb asses are those responding as if it were not so......Or maybe the truth should only be spoken when it doesn't offend....right???

I don't care if the TRUTH is offensive to an individual. The TRUTH is just that...it's TRUTH...it isn't offensive.

Realistically, I have no idea what your point is.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then simply put he needs to learn to leave it on the field and keep it between the whistles. Of course he came out and admitted his comments were a bit over the top. Likely because some one (his agent maybe) mentioned to him that it was bringing negative press that he didnt need. IM all for guys playing hard and giving it their all on every play. But I also think Sherman isnt the type of player or person I would want on the Skins. Im just not a fan of his personality or his style of play.

:agree: just keep it between the lines

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame the FCC. If Janet had an accident...fine. If you get into an accident, don't you still have to pay?

I don't blame anyone - the whole thing was overblown & did no harm. Kids see way worse on many media outlets at this time. It was not even worth being debated - it was a complete joke.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fine - then seeing Trent Williams punch him in the face last season was also refreshing since he deserved it. Not sure about you - but if someone at my work insulted me on a regular basis I might be inclined to seek revenge. Granted - they are in a different situation that requires a different approach. However - we are all human & people can only take so much.

I already stated that Sherman is a smart guy & I can understand saying these type of things when a mike is shoved in your face immediately after a game. However - Sherman will need to (& probably will) mature or else expect that other players are going to take shots at him (legal or illegal). As you would say "It is all part of the game".

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep - Skins used to have a guy like that. His name was Dexter Manley. Sadly - he made lots of other mistakes later in life but appears to be somewhat on the right track at this time.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree brought this on himself by being inappropriate and arrogant at the charity fund raiser. To think that there is no human emotion in play here is not realistic. I like Sherman because he puts himself out there and you know Exactly where you stand with him. Unlike the passive aggressive folks that pretend that there is no human emotion playing a game like football. We also know that he needs to be on the edge to play his best. Some people are just wired that way. Don't blame him for being that way. Also, don't worry about him either. He is a brilliant young man. He will do fine in whatever he puts his mind to.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree brought this on himself by being inappropriate and arrogant at the charity fund raiser. To think that there is no human emotion in play here is not realistic. I like Sherman because he puts himself out there and you know Exactly where you stand with him. Unlike the passive aggressive folks that pretend that there is no human emotion playing a game like football. We also know that he needs to be on the edge to play his best. Some people are just wired that way. Don't blame him for being that way. Also, don't worry about him either. He is a brilliant young man. He will do fine in whatever he puts his mind to.

The only person backing or even making that claim would be Shermans brother. But I agree he is just wired that way... but then again so was Brian Bozworth. Roids tend to make one emotionally unstable and prone to emotional flare ups.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only person backing or even making that claim would be Shermans brother. But I agree he is just wired that way... but then again so was Brian Bozworth. Roids tend to make one emotionally unstable and prone to emotional flare ups.

Do you know anyone else who was there(at the charity event) to dispute this?
And we are still waiting for that first failed drug test.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know anyone else who was there(at the charity event) to dispute this?
And we are still waiting for that first failed drug test.

Dude... wouldnt your brother back you about an altercation at a public event even if you were in the wrong??

And he had the first failed test, he just won on appeal. Next you will be telling me George Zimmerman and OJ both did nothing wrong and people were just picking on them.

But back to the Crabtree incident... How many times have we heard of him doing ANYTHING questionable?? Now ask yourself the same thing about Sherman. Model citizen picked the fight, but Mr I am the best to ever play the game was an innocent little victim. OK dude.