• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The league needs more Richard Shermans

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the guy.

1: He makes no attempt to hide how good he is. Just because someone is vocal, doesn't make him a bad guy. If you open your mouth wide, you better back it up. He does. Best in the game, hands down.

2: He is intelligent. Uses trash talk to get into people's heads. If your are an adult football player and you are confronted with this type of person, you do have options. Art Monk would probably smile and not even bat an eyelash, while he is heading back to the huddle. Trent Williams after losing a playoff game, did make us all feel better by hitting Sherman, but really how good did we feel? We lost the game. We were eliminated. He could have hugged Sherman and said good game. Then waited for the opportunity to smash his ass the next time they played.
Bottom line, trash talking is part of the game.

3: A cornerback trash talking in today's league is almost unheard of. With the rules made to protect receivers, it is almost a lost art. Defensive players have to be so alert that because of no huddle offenses, and complex formations, and todays rules, that it is tough for a player to be the "bad guy".

4: He tries to be friendly with people out of the arena. He had praise for Trent Williams after the season. Spoke highly of him when interviewed for the NFL top 100. He tried to shake Crabtree's had at the event they attended. Crabtree was the one who acted immature if you ask me. Why not hug the guy, and say we are coming for you?
Instead he doesn't shake his hand and makes the foolish comment.

I have hated the Seahawks since last December and have rooted against them all along. I still do. I will root for Denver in the Superbowl, but I don't hate Richard Sherman.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree, as long as hes not hurting his team with his mouth then there's no problem.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the guy.

1: He makes no attempt to hide how good he is. Just because someone is vocal, doesn't make him a bad guy. If you open your mouth wide, you better back it up. He does. Best in the game, hands down.

2: He is intelligent. Uses trash talk to get into people's heads. If your are an adult football player and you are confronted with this type of person, you do have options. Art Monk would probably smile and not even bat an eyelash, while he is heading back to the huddle. Trent Williams after losing a playoff game, did make us all feel better by hitting Sherman, but really how good did we feel? We lost the game. We were eliminated. He could have hugged Sherman and said good game. Then waited for the opportunity to smash his ass the next time they played.
Bottom line, trash talking is part of the game.

3: A cornerback trash talking in today's league is almost unheard of. With the rules made to protect receivers, it is almost a lost art. Defensive players have to be so alert that because of no huddle offenses, and complex formations, and todays rules, that it is tough for a player to be the "bad guy".

4: He tries to be friendly with people out of the arena. He had praise for Trent Williams after the season. Spoke highly of him when interviewed for the NFL top 100. He tried to shake Crabtree's had at the event they attended. Crabtree was the one who acted immature if you ask me. Why not hug the guy, and say we are coming for you?
Instead he doesn't shake his hand and makes the foolish comment.

I have hated the Seahawks since last December and have rooted against them all along. I still do. I will root for Denver in the Superbowl, but I don't hate Richard Sherman.

i dont like him . he is a braggart

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a jerk, but the League needs characters. We've gotten so vanilla. I think its good that we have a villain and he wants to play that part. Oh, and he is good. But he will eventually be knocked down and he'll fall hard. See T. Owens.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys, but if you need to take PEDs in order to be the best, then you arent really the best. the league needs more guys that are about team first and not so much I am the greatest.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now a punk like courtland finnegan I can't stand because he is dirty. He couldn't care if one of his cheap shots injured another player. Sherman is clean

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now a punk like courtland finnegan I can't stand because he is dirty. He couldn't care if one of his cheap shots injured another player. Sherman is clean

didnt sherman get busted for PED's ? i thought he did

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sherman is about as clean as a diaper on a toddler who thought the ex-lax was chocolate. He is just better at hiding his cheap shots from the Refs.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His got overturned

the beauty of a legal system that believes in innocent until proven guilty. By the way, Lance Armstrong NEVER got busted for PED's during his cycling career.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the beauty of a legal system that believes in innocent until proven guilty. By the way, Lance Armstrong NEVER got busted for PED's during his cycling career.

His teammate Brandon browner must hate cycling because he got busted at the same time Sherman was accused. Browner is a repeat offender now. Sherman is still clean. If he is suspended I will be here to make comments. No worries

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also he gives a lot to the homeless people of Seattle, and does a lot of charitable work.
https://www.facebook.com/ShermanBlanketCoverage

No question he is a complex person who does hold grudges, but he is not a dirty player. Definitely a fun guy to watch play.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also he gives a lot to the homeless people of Seattle, and does a lot of charitable work.
https://www.facebook.com/ShermanBlanketCoverage

No question he is a complex person who does hold grudges, but he is not a dirty player. Definitely a fun guy to watch play.

Obviously you have not watched alot of Sea Hawks games. Sherman is constantly holding. In the Skins playoffs game he damn near ripped Morgans head off by the face mask to keep him from getting past him. Sure he does nice things for the community, but that doesnt make him a clean player. Eventually it will catch up to him though, just like every other great player.. the rules always catch up if you make a habit of bending them.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously you have not watched alot of Sea Hawks games. Sherman is constantly holding. In the Skins playoffs game he damn near ripped Morgans head off by the face mask to keep him from getting past him. Sure he does nice things for the community, but that doesnt make him a clean player. Eventually it will catch up to him though, just like every other great player.. the rules always catch up if you make a habit of bending them.

Every team has some DB's that play on the edge. He grabs jerseys like all the Seahawks do. That is why they are so penalized. That is they way they have been taught to play by their coaches, and one reason I root against them. As far as Sherman though, look up every cornerback that has played the game for a few years and you will see they were fined, almost without exception. I still can't get over that play on Crab at the end of the game with everything on the line!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team has some DB's that play on the edge. He grabs jerseys like all the Seahawks do. That is why they are so penalized. That is they way they have been taught to play by their coaches, and one reason I root against them. As far as Sherman though, look up every cornerback that has played the game for a few years and you will see they were fined, almost without exception. I still can't get over that play on Crab at the end of the game with everything on the line!

Lets be real, that was part luck, part Kap forcing the ball and part CB being in the right place at the right time. They doubled the WR, it should have been no completion. But if that ball is two inches to the left or right, we are complaining about the 49ers making the Super Bowl in back to back years while we are still the perennial poster children for dysfunction yet again. If you cant cover, you grab. If you are good at grabbing and not getting caught, and can take PEDs and not get busted... you are Richard Sherman. I look forward to Peyton shredding that vaulted defense and like hell they put a camera in Shermans face at the end of that game.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be real, that was part luck, part Kap forcing the ball and part CB being in the right place at the right time. They doubled the WR, it should have been no completion. But if that ball is two inches to the left or right, we are complaining about the 49ers making the Super Bowl in back to back years while we are still the perennial poster children for dysfunction yet again. If you cant cover, you grab. If you are good at grabbing and not getting caught, and can take PEDs and not get busted... you are Richard Sherman. I look forward to Peyton shredding that vaulted defense and like hell they put a camera in Shermans face at the end of that game.

You obviously do not watch Seahawks games then. This is a play they work on. Look at the Giants game this year. Sherman did it again.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously do not watch Seahawks games then. This is a play they work on. Look at the Giants game this year. Sherman did it again.

Dude, I watch almost every NFC game every week. As I said, double coverage in that situation it should have been a non catch. But the deflection was part luck, part the QB being dumb. Ball should have never been thrown into double coverage to begin with. Sherman did his job with underneath help.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I watch almost every NFC game every week. As I said, double coverage in that situation it should have been a non catch. But the deflection was part luck, part the QB being dumb. Ball should have never been thrown into double coverage to begin with. Sherman did his job with underneath help.

I don't see the logic in this. I could be wrong, but I would guess you are being emotional about it.
I want Denver to win too!!!! I want Peyton to get that second ring!!

But, that play will probably go down as one of the greatest defensive plays in playoffs history.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the logic in this. I could be wrong, but I would guess you are being emotional about it.
I want Denver to win too!!!! I want Peyton to get that second ring!!

But, that play will probably go down as one of the greatest defensive plays in playoffs history.

Im just being realistic. the defensive call was man zone. With the CBs playing hard man and the safety playing a zone, thus double coverage on the WRs. Any corner worth half a fart should have been in position to make that breakup. Any QB with half a clue would NOT have thrown that ball, or if he did, it would have been high and away from the corner. Sherman made a play I would expect ANY starter in the NFL to make. So I saw a piss poor throw, and a cocky assed corner talking trash after the fact. Like I said,m an inch or two to the left or right, and we are likely seeing Crabtree on the post game instead of Sherman.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just being realistic. the defensive call was man zone. With the CBs playing hard man and the safety playing a zone, thus double coverage on the WRs. Any corner worth half a fart should have been in position to make that breakup. Any QB with half a clue would NOT have thrown that ball, or if he did, it would have been high and away from the corner. Sherman made a play I would expect ANY starter in the NFL to make. So I saw a piss poor throw, and a cocky assed corner talking trash after the fact. Like I said,m an inch or two to the left or right, and we are likely seeing Crabtree on the post game instead of Sherman.

You are killing me man!