• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The league needs more Richard Shermans

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry i dont see the malice in sherman at that point you guys are too much CSI

i dont like the rant i dont like all the chest thumping but as far as i am concerned crabtree was the jerk

the choke sign is all on sherman though

Skinsdad.......I think that he's either an adolescent, doesn't realize that this is done routinely IMMEDIATELY after games (winning and losing plays included) or has an agenda that he's too cowardly to come out and admit to.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you don't know WTF you're talking about, because if you did you would know that more often than not the truth offends more than a lie.

The truth is not offensive...it's merely truth. I'm not here to make people feel good about themselves. All I do is tell the truth. If it offends you, oh well...maybe you should change.

Now it all makes sense. You believe we should only tell the truth if it makes people feel good.

Well you are the most brilliant dumb ass I have ever met.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you don't know WTF you're talking about, because if you did you would know that more often than not the truth offends more than a lie.

The truth is not offensive...it's merely truth. I'm not here to make people feel good about themselves. All I do is tell the truth. If it offends you, oh well...maybe you should change.

Now it all makes sense. You believe we should only tell the truth if it makes people feel good.

Well you are the most brilliant dumb ass I have ever met.

Well, this comment does make a couple of points clear.......that you lack the ability to stay focused on a topic....or remember what you've written when you attack your own words. Now go away!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine - then seeing Trent Williams punch him in the face last season was also refreshing since he deserved it. Not sure about you - but if someone at my work insulted me on a regular basis I might be inclined to seek revenge. Granted - they are in a different situation that requires a different approach. However - we are all human & people can only take so much.

I already stated that Sherman is a smart guy & I can understand saying these type of things when a mike is shoved in your face immediately after a game. However - Sherman will need to (& probably will) mature or else expect that other players are going to take shots at him (legal or illegal). As you would say "It is all part of the game".

.....But what if what was being said about you was true, you just didn't accept it as true, just insulting? I ask because there is a guy here that insists that the truth doesn't offend. Thanks.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an idiot. Where did I contradict myself exactly?

"I have no problem with Richard Sherman on the field. He should play the mental games on the field. But I have never heard somebody say what he said in an interview. That's why he's a THUG...a piece of shit."

Coupled with this..............

"The media doesn't owe us anything. They are in the business of making money and reporting on the truth (ideally). They shouldn't be nice and not cover something because somebody was a dumb ass and said it."

....................And let's not forget this valuable lesson in double speak

"I don't care if the TRUTH is offensive to an individual. The TRUTH is just that...it's TRUTH...it isn't offensive."

.........So what do you do?????..............overreact because YOU were offended by this....let me get the quote exactly..........."he's a THUG...a piece of shit." and let's not forget this gem.....somebody was a dumb ass and said it."

Tell the truth about yourself, your reaction goes well beyond what this story is about and more about what images are saying them. I actually support your right to whatever reactions or overreactions that you have, it opens up opportunities for you to interact with people like myself who physically and directly contradict your suppositions. (keep in mind that I've read many of your postings dating back to the old ESPN site before you go into denial.")

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still debating if Sherman is a putz or not??

Some of us think he is, some of us dont. Thats the beauty of opinions. Every one has one, and if we all agreed it would be an extremely boring world. :)

Personally... I think he is a putz though. :whistle:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still debating if Sherman is a putz or not??

Some of us think he is, some of us dont. Thats the beauty of opinions. Every one has one, and if we all agreed it would be an extremely boring world. :)

Personally... I think he is a putz though. :whistle:

No Shark, we're well past debating if Shermans' interview relegated him to being on or off the mark...this is all about imagery relating to "thugs" and how it is used in forums like this one and others by this guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my usage of thug is the standard dictionary meaning

thug
THəg/Submit
noun
a violent person, esp. a criminal.
synonyms: ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal; More
historical
a member of a religious organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travelers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.

that is the only one i know

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I have no problem with Richard Sherman on the field. He should play the mental games on the field. But I have never heard somebody say what he said in an interview. That's why he's a THUG...a piece of shit."

Coupled with this..............

"The media doesn't owe us anything. They are in the business of making money and reporting on the truth (ideally). They shouldn't be nice and not cover something because somebody was a dumb ass and said it."

....................And let's not forget this valuable lesson in double speak

"I don't care if the TRUTH is offensive to an individual. The TRUTH is just that...it's TRUTH...it isn't offensive."

.........So what do you do?????..............overreact because YOU were offended by this....let me get the quote exactly..........."he's a THUG...a piece of shit." and let's not forget this gem.....somebody was a dumb ass and said it."

Tell the truth about yourself, your reaction goes well beyond what this story is about and more about what images are saying them. I actually support your right to whatever reactions or overreactions that you have, it opens up opportunities for you to interact with people like myself who physically and directly contradict your suppositions. (keep in mind that I've read many of your postings dating back to the old ESPN site before you go into denial.")

Nothing I said was contradictory. First off, the truth is never offensive..it's just the truth. If somebody is offended by the truth, it's not the truth's fault. The truth just is.

Secondly, I didn't overreact. I think Sherman is a piece of shit. I love his play on the field and I don't mind trash talk and rough play on the field. I'd love to have him play here. That being said, he did pop positive for PEDs and his antics in the interview were like nothing I had seen before. I wasn't offended by his antics but I believe his attitude shined through.

You can claim whatever you like but you can't prove anything. I do not contradict myself.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing I said was contradictory. First off, the truth is never offensive..it's just the truth. If somebody is offended by the truth, it's not the truth's fault. The truth just is.

Secondly, I didn't overreact. I think Sherman is a piece of shit. I love his play on the field and I don't mind trash talk and rough play on the field. I'd love to have him play here. That being said, he did pop positive for PEDs and his antics in the interview were like nothing I had seen before. I wasn't offended by his antics but I believe his attitude shined through.

You can claim whatever you like but you can't prove anything. I do not contradict myself.

I rest my case

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....But what if what was being said about you was true, you just didn't accept it as true, just insulting? I ask because there is a guy here that insists that the truth doesn't offend. Thanks.

I am not going to get involved in your side argument. BTW - you are adding to the confusion since you are not using the "Quote" feature correctly. Some of your replies almost appear as if you are replying to yourself instead of gke (such as the one above). Call me an idiot - but some of the quotes you posted appeared as if all of came from gke & not you. Simply use the "Quote" feature as intended & you won't have this problem. I think that we are all smart enough to refer to previous comments if necessary (don't make this like ESPN where every reply is two miles long).

Again - I will leave it to you to decide about your side argument. My main pt. is that sometimes the best approach is to keep your mouth shut - which is not always easy especially in the heat of battle. Recent actions suggest the even Sherman realizes this (& you can't justify everything simply because someone plays in the NFL - that is pretty lame).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Stymie. I am not trying to get on your case - just providing some clarification IMO. I really appreciate your posts & believe that you are always very fair. I don't like to attack any fellow Redskins fans on this forum.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard Kaepernick this morning on Mike and Mike and he said 10 times out of 10, he would go at Sherman with Crabtree, and that he just made a poor throw last time. He hates Sherman and would not hide that fact.

So, Sherman is so deep in his head he doesn't even know it. Don't change Sherm.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW Stymie. I am not trying to get on your case - just providing some clarification IMO. I really appreciate your posts & believe that you are always very fair. I don't like to attack any fellow Redskins fans on this forum.
I never take offense to anything written, but will forever enjoy the give and take that enlivens a given topic. I do honestly appreciate your kind words and don't have the authority to deny a fellow fan his/her opinion, even when there's vehement disagreement. Thanks Shark!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to get involved in your side argument. BTW - you are adding to the confusion since you are not using the "Quote" feature correctly. Some of your replies almost appear as if you are replying to yourself instead of gke (such as the one above). Call me an idiot - but some of the quotes you posted appeared as if all of came from gke & not you. Simply use the "Quote" feature as intended & you won't have this problem. I think that we are all smart enough to refer to previous comments if necessary (don't make this like ESPN where every reply is two miles long).

Again - I will leave it to you to decide about your side argument. My main pt. is that sometimes the best approach is to keep your mouth shut - which is not always easy especially in the heat of battle. Recent actions suggest the even Sherman realizes this (& you can't justify everything simply because someone plays in the NFL - that is pretty lame).

Point(s) taken and appreciated....Thanks Shark!!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwMONEPz4yA]Richard Sherman 30 for 30 Mockumentary by Frank Caliendo - YouTube[/ame]

Speaking of Sherman - have you guys seen this yet? Hilarious.