• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Education: Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney did a bang up job here. Good documentary on a true story about a school administration that embezzled millions of taxpayer dollars through fraud. The ending pissed me off SEVERELY (not really spoilers, based on true events) after the credits rolled and they were stating where things are now, when it said the guy behind most of the fraud still gets paid almost $200K a year because of NY state law on pensions. UGGGGGH. Liberal states man... that's the reason that Chicago is still in a shithole. All those corrupt politicians with their BULLSHIT pensions that are STILL getting paid out. 8/10

Thomas Crown Affair (1999)
: Never watched it, but just kind of came across it. Decent twist on a romance/crime drama kind of playing cat/mouse between man/woman, thief/investigator. 6.5/10

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad Education: Hugh Jackman and Allison Janney did a bang up job here. Good documentary on a true story about a school administration that embezzled millions of taxpayer dollars through fraud. The ending pissed me off SEVERELY (not really spoilers, based on true events) after the credits rolled and they were stating where things are now, when it said the guy behind most of the fraud still gets paid almost $200K a year because of NY state law on pensions. UGGGGGH. Liberal states man... that's the reason that Chicago is still in a shithole. All those corrupt politicians with their BULLSHIT pensions that are STILL getting paid out. 8/10

Thomas Crown Affair (1999)
: Never watched it, but just kind of came across it. Decent twist on a romance/crime drama kind of playing cat/mouse between man/woman, thief/investigator. 6.5/10

Minor detail since you described the film but "Bad Education" is not a documentary.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 Days to Kill. Decent. Amber Heard looked yummy.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched 1917 last night. Decent film although a bit slow at times and damn, them Germans can't shoot for shit!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bumped into "Fighting Temptations" about 20 minutes in the other night and instead of tuning out and trying to find something else I stuck with it. Kind of corny, hokie and catty all wrapped up into one long gospel song. Cuba Gooding Jr was kinda funny and there were some stellar vocal performances, most notably by Beyonce.

It didn't force me to change the channel during the last hour or so, but I won't be looking for another showing so I can see the first 20+- minutes.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avengers Endgame loses a lot on the second viewing. I seriously wanted to skip like 2/3 of the movie. The Captain scenes are great but everything else is a slog with the context of knowing how it will end. I think as a standalone movie its probably in the bottom third of the MCU which is...ok. It does do what its supposed to do but I suspect I'm not going to watch it again.

The new Mary Poppins is also a movie that loses quite a bit on the second viewing. I'm not even sure I'd call the movie average, tbh. Just not good at being a fun, cheery sing-a-long at all.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avengers Endgame loses a lot on the second viewing. I seriously wanted to skip like 2/3 of the movie. The Captain scenes are great but everything else is a slog with the context of knowing how it will end. I think as a standalone movie its probably in the bottom third of the MCU which is...ok. It does do what its supposed to do but I suspect I'm not going to watch it again.
Agree. The final hour of the movie is very enjoyable but the other two hours drags a bit. I feel like Infinity War was a lot more engaging from beginning to end and is much easier to watch multiple times.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The final hour of the movie is very enjoyable but the other two hours drags a bit. I feel like Infinity War was a lot more engaging from beginning to end and is much easier to watch multiple times.
They should have ended it with infinity war. I get that they wanted the snap I actually think it hurt the ending of this saga.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have ended it with infinity war. I get that they wanted the snap I actually think it hurt the ending of this saga.
Infinity War had a lot to digest as it was. I don’t think you could’ve ended it there. They needed a way for everyone left to rally back and beat Thanos. Just don’t think that they needed three hours in Endgame to do that.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched “Three Identical Strangers”. It’s a 90 minute documentary about 3 twins separated at birth that find each other 19 years later. True story. Starts off kinda popcorn-ish but ends with a ending that is provocative and insane.

I recommend it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched “Three Identical Strangers”. It’s a 90 minute documentary about 3 twins separated at birth that find each other 19 years later. True story. Starts off kinda popcorn-ish but ends with a ending that is provocative and insane.

I recommend it.
I watched that a few months back. Fucked up story. I also highly recommend it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wrong Missy

it is clearly an Adam Sandler movie, but starring David Spade instead. I am guessing Sandler just wanted to help Spade out with a starring role?? It definitely felt like Sandler was supposed to be in it but Spade was called in as a replacement at the last second.

not as bad as I was expecting. Actually probably near the top end of the potentiometer. Still not very good though. No literal LOL moments and the love story just didn’t flow. Again, exactly what you would expect from a Sandler flick.

4/10

PS
Near the beginning of the movie, Brian O’Halloran (Dante from Clerks) is a featured extra. It kinda threw me off for a bit. He is not credited, though. Not even in IMDB, which sometimes lists extra work.