• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark Waters: Strange writing, I don't think it explained enough to make it seem coherent and complete. Definitely has decent moments though and does a good job of making you understand how elites and elite companies can't be touched, do what they want and could likely be the literal cause of many cancers in humans. But ultimately I don't ever see myself watching this again. 6/10

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark Waters: Strange writing, I don't think it explained enough to make it seem coherent and complete. Definitely has decent moments though and does a good job of making you understand how elites and elite companies can't be touched, do what they want and could likely be the literal cause of many cancers in humans. But ultimately I don't ever see myself watching this again. 6/10

I actually liked it quite a bit probably like an 8/10 for me

But I agree with you that it doesn’t have much rewatchability

Also, Anne Hathaway had an absolute throw away role. Her scene when she scolded the boss near the end was pretty good. Other than that, you could thrown anyone in the role.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dark Waters, about DuPont poisoning the land around a town in West Virginia. I always like these kind of David vs Goliath movies, like The Rainmaker with Damon.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawl.....watching now. Hurricane in Florida and a father and daughter are trapped in a crawl space with huge alligators. Kind of hokey, but still kinda good.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Night to Remember (1958)

Arguably "the best" Titanic movie ever made; but probably not the most sensational or entertaining. The writers/directors tried to be as realistic as possible in their portrayal of the event.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Siege of Jadotville (2016)

Pretty good film with a badass story. UN Forces (Irish Army peacekeepers) survived 6 days worth of attacks from Katangese troops trying to gain control of mineral resources in south Congo. The Irish UN Troops, styled as "A-Company", was a contingent of only 155 soldiers. They were outnumbered by a supposed 20:1 ratio, numbers ranging from 3k-5k in opposition. Miraculously A-company did not suffer any casualties (only suffered 5 wounded, even though the movie displayed a room full) despite being outnumbered & lightly supplied (which eventually forced their surrender). According to the history books, they managed to kill 300 Katangese soliders and 30 French mercenaries, with an addition 300-1k wounded. Impressive feat of military force for such an inexperienced Irish outfit.

I'm a sucker for war/survival movies so this was right up my alley. It was a little light in the gore department, but that was historically accurate. Just felt like some of the action in the siege waves left something to be desired, but still well worth the watch. Don't think I've ever seen Jamie Dornan before, but his performance as the Colonel/commanding officer role was great.

7-8/10

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before, we still get 2 dvd's delivered and my wife moved a few movies around on the list. We watched CATS last night. What a total piece of shit show. Not sure how much these actors were paid but it was a cluster fuck of stupidity.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Night to Remember (1958)

Arguably "the best" Titanic movie ever made; but probably not the most sensational or entertaining. The writers/directors tried to be as realistic as possible in their portrayal of the event.

Saw this when it debuted. Gotta put in the queue.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken Burn's Jazz, a ten disc set. An awesome history of the genre from from its early days on New Orleans and presented with bios of the key players in its development through the decades into the sixties.

Focuses on the important NY, Chicago , and LA night club scenes. Includes rare clips of live performances by the greats, along with music "cards", selectable throughout the presentation with information on each track highlighted. Recommended for anyone who loves music.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife and I just watched The Upside last night. Pretty good

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt......1952

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've backed off movies for the last week while I'm watching the BBC Cracker (Coltrane) efforts from Youtube.

These are all ~2 hours long so are basically movies for TV.

1 more to go, White Ghost (Quai Lo)...

All from early 90s and all top drawer great.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been doing a James Bond Marathon the last week or so. Got up to Man With the Golden Gun last night. To be honest, these movies do not age that well. The effects are HORRIBLE and Bond is a straight up rapist (I am thinking primarily the chiropractor).

So far, Golden Gun, Goldfinger and Her Majesties Secret Service are at the top while Live and Let Die is the clear worst (GREAT song, but horrible execution of it throughout, and it just doesn’t have the “bond” feel)

Even though Goldfinger was a good flick, it had probably the biggest plot hole in all the movies. Goldfinger tells his plan to all the mobsters in order to convince them to participate. One refuses and leaves, the others agree and stay. Goldfinger kills the one who left (understandable, you can’t have him out there knowing the plans). But he also kills all the ones who agreed to help, right after the presentation. Um... why?

Also, too bad they dropped Blofeld for 35 years. I understand the legalities behind it, but after Her Majesties Secret Service, his omission was quite blaring.

I understand each is supposed to be essentially stand alone and even the timeline is intentionally vague, but I wish there was more continuity. Again, especially after Her Majesties Secret Service.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy Island. Definitely should check it out, very enjoyable.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birds of Prey: And the blah blah blah (2020)

Just awful. Not even worth talking about, other than to point out how bad it was in hopes that others avoid it. Where's @BigDGarciaFan at when you need him.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birds of Prey: And the blah blah blah (2020)

Just awful. Not even worth talking about, other than to point out how bad it was in hopes that others avoid it. Where's @BigDGarciaFan at when you need him.

It looked terrible, I figured all the positive reviews were based on politics because I had heard a lot of 'pro-feminism' stuff from people that watched it. I will probably red box just to make my own opinion though.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 Strong

Wasn't expecting much. Damn good movie.

It's about the 1st US involvement in Afghanistan after 9-11. War/action flick.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highlander II (original version)

I hadn’t seen this probably 30 years. I remember not liking it when I saw it before. And I am well aware that everyone involved with it has pretty much disowned it.

And with that, it still is not as GOOD as its reputation would indicate. OMG, that has to be one of the absolute worst movies ever made. It was so bad, however, that it almost lapped around into being pretty decent. I kept laughing because I realized that these takes from the actors were the the best takes they had to work with. And the dialogue writing presumably was read by multiple people before it was handed to the actors to actually read. And the concept was actually green lit be enough people to get funding, theater space, and a pretty decent cast.

I don’t understand how ANY of those hurdles were cleared, let alone all of them.

EASY 0/10. But almost watchable because it really is THAT bad.