• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Last Movie You Watched (no spoilers)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15:17 to Paris

Fought the urge to leave for a half hour.

Second half of the movie improved. Nice experiment to cast the young men as themselves. But they aren't actors.

Still though, nice work by old man Eastwood to tell a story of conservative young men with their own voices. We could use more recognition for regular people who live good lives and do good things.

No Hollywood feel what so ever to this film. For good or bad.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hacksaw Ridge............It was very boring from the get go.....listening to a dumb hick talk was numbing........It took an hour(can`t believe I actually watched that far) before it actually had any war action.........And it ended up beinga little too phathomable for one guy to actually save all the injured soldiers the way he did,especially with the Chinese breathing down his neck................(he actually kicked a grenade out of thin air like a soccer ball):bullshit:......

and this was suppose to be a true story.....ok whatevs. 2 of 5 stars for me.

100 Rifles with Jim Brown,Burt Reynolds and Raquel Welch......It was a good movie.........worth watching once.And another first for watching a Raquel Welch movie.......Damn that woman was fine..............Loved the shower underneath the watertower scene...........wet shirt and nipples sticking thru..........now that's what I`m talking about.:nod:
I know they all look alike. But those weren't Chinese soldiers.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder Woman on cable last night. It wasn't bad for what it was. I met my quota for superhero movies awhile back, but it held my interest and Gal Gadot is hot af so that helped.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got to see I Tonya. Basically it's a movie of a lot of abuse. It's a Black Comedy where all the evil is directed towards Tonya. From the early days of a very abusive mother, played by Academy Award favorite, Allison Janney to the husband of Tonya, Jeff Galolloy. Margot Robbie is magnificent in the role of Tonya Harding. It's a miracle that Tonya made the Olympic team considering all the obstacles thrown in her face.

You won't be bored with this picture and the acting is outstanding. A-

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Panther (2018)

This is definitely in the Top 5 of Marvel movies. I think it was just a (slight) notch below Captain America: the Winter Soldier. Some are calling it "anti-white", but I wouldn't. It's more of an African Pride sentiment.

A-

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally got to see I Tonya. Basically it's a movie of a lot of abuse. It's a Black Comedy where all the evil is directed towards Tonya. From the early days of a very abusive mother, played by Academy Award favorite, Allison Janney to the husband of Tonya, Jeff Galolloy. Margot Robbie is magnificent in the role of Tonya Harding. It's a miracle that Tonya made the Olympic team considering all the obstacles thrown in her face.

You won't be bored with this picture and the acting is outstanding. A-

Watched it last week. I was surprised how much I really enjoyed it. Allison Janney was great as Tonya’s mother.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sand Pebbles: 4/5 stars.

At 2 hours 29 minutes, I am reminded of Roger Ebert's review of The Brown Bunny (2003).
In May of 2003 I walked out of the press screening of Vincent Gallo's "The Brown Bunny" at the Cannes Film Festival... I said I thought it was the worst film in the history of the festival.

But then a funny thing happened. Gallo went back into the editing room and cut 26 minutes of his 118-minute film, or almost a fourth of the running time. And in the process he transformed it. The film's form and purpose now emerge from the miasma of the original cut, and are quietly, sadly, effective. It is said that editing is the soul of the cinema; in the case of "The Brown Bunny," it is its salvation.

Well, I've never heard that said outside from you, Ebert, but it is damn true, and one only needs to watch Robert Wise's 1966 "The Sand Pebbles" to realize it.

What I didn't like about this movie is two particularly long-ass subplots that ran throughout the 3 hour run time, and ended up being nearly completely irrelevant to the film's final plot and central thematic content.

What I did like was Steve McQueen, the film's ending, and its neutrality in the whole "War is evil!"/"War is awesome- 'Merica!" debate that was happening at the time. Obviously, the film's plot reflected the U.S.' involvement in Vietnam. However, instead of directly choosing one side of the debate on the morality of war and intervention by large countries; it gave solid points and counterpoints to both arguments. It was rather refreshing to not see a film dominated by portraying one side of an argument (the 2006 film Thank You For Smoking (3.5/5 stars) is the only other film that comes to mind in keeping its neutrality in a heavy-handed argument. Not that the middle is always right (it would be hard to portray Hitler in the middle as a sympathetic character), but in both the war and smoking examples, I personally think that the middle ground is right, and if one doesn't, it can't hurt to see the other side of things, so long as the particular argument is logically sound.)

Steve McQueen received his only Academy Award nomination for his performance in this movie. It was very well deserved. I need to see some of his other shit- this was the first movie I've seen him in. Watch out assholes, Bullitt (1968) might be the next in my list of films reviewed.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye, Bye Birdie

Dick Van Dyke, Paul Lynde, Janet Leigh, Ann Margaret

Love this movie, 1963. Birdie is off to Vietnam, big send off on the Ed Sullivan show.

A period piece for sure but a good one.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At 2 hours 29 minutes, I am reminded of Roger Ebert's review of The Brown Bunny (2003).

Well, I've never heard that said outside from you, Ebert, but it is damn true, and one only needs to watch Robert Wise's 1966 "The Sand Pebbles" to realize it.

What I didn't like about this movie is two particularly long-ass subplots that ran throughout the 3 hour run time, and ended up being nearly completely irrelevant to the film's final plot and central thematic content.

What I did like was Steve McQueen, the film's ending, and its neutrality in the whole "War is evil!"/"War is awesome- 'Merica!" debate that was happening at the time. Obviously, the film's plot reflected the U.S.' involvement in Vietnam. However, instead of directly choosing one side of the debate on the morality of war and intervention by large countries; it gave solid points and counterpoints to both arguments. It was rather refreshing to not see a film dominated by portraying one side of an argument (the 2006 film Thank You For Smoking (3.5/5 stars) is the only other film that comes to mind in keeping its neutrality in a heavy-handed argument. Not that the middle is always right (it would be hard to portray Hitler in the middle as a sympathetic character), but in both the war and smoking examples, I personally think that the middle ground is right, and if one doesn't, it can't hurt to see the other side of things, so long as the particular argument is logically sound.)

Steve McQueen received his only Academy Award nomination for his performance in this movie. It was very well deserved. I need to see some of his other shit- this was the first movie I've seen him in. Watch out assholes, Bullitt (1968) might be the next in my list of films reviewed.

I remember seeing this film when it came out. But can't remember very much about it. I think it involved an early 20th Century war? Just can't remember the plot.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw The Post today. We enjoyed it. It was solid and about what I expected.

I didn't expect it to be sold out yesterday when we tried to see it. It's on its way out and only playing 1 showing per day at the 20 room theater near me. Generally that means it's on its last legs. It sure didn't seem like it. It was packed again today.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seeing this film when it came out. But can't remember very much about it. I think it involved an early 20th Century war? Just can't remember the plot.
Yeah, it did. Large parts of it were hard to deal with, but the ending made it worth it.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the way, there's a typo- the film was 2 hours 59 minutes.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was a good film about an obscure time in American history.

Great Escape > Bullitt

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nocturnal Animals.

Seen it before but watched it again. Man, Aaron Taylor-Johnson has really come a long way with acting...