• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers Next Coach

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the FUNNIEST thing about Bernie taking over was that he just got COMPLETELY out of the way. No princeton offense, no anything...just roll the ball out and be the figurehead

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I explained to some petty reasonable details, on what he can bring to the table, wich I'm not going to go over it all over again. just read the previous post's over again because you probably missed something. Second I'm the one that told you this is a debate in the 1st place, so how are you telling me I don't get that this is a debate ?? You see how I'm telling you you're missing certain things that I already mentioned. I'm assuming you're not reading all of my comments or skipping some sentences, not sure, but I did mentioned this much earlier. I stated that yes I like the guy, but that's not my main reason why I would choose him or because his an ex Lakers wich, I mentioned it is a plus though, once again read previous earlier post.

Second I believe I just told you this in my previous post, I never said anything that these guys are worse, I said Scott would be a probably be a better fit & I mentioned that not every coach does great everywhere he goes IMO. Never said they were worse. This is what I mean you're just assuming & putting words in my mouth, wich I'm ok with, but I wish you would pay a little more attention to my sentences & opinions, that way I wouldn't have to repeat what I already mentioned & it would make this debate far more intriguing.

In the end I gave you some nice credentials on Scott to make him a candidate & I told you what he brings to the table. Read post #73 5th paragraph. Also other Lakers fans in here gave some details on him also, I'm not the only one.

You made it pretty clear you don't like SVG, but that's about it. Scott's credentials and baggage pale in comparison to many other coaches so I pressed why you like Scott over anyone else and you won't give me anything other than you think he's a better fit. When pressed on what you mean by that, you just go with he understands the Lakers culture etc. And when pressed on what that culture is you won't explain it or just go with something that's self-referential back to the Lakers culture. Which isn't really an answer. That's like someone asking why an orange is good and you answer "because its an orange". It goes back to what I've said all along, many Lakers fans give far more preferential treatment to ex Lakers in this would be search instead of going with the best coach available. But whatever. I'm done with it. VT just hired Buzz Williams and I'm higher than Snoop Dogg at Coachella right now. So hopefully whoever LA hires, we can both feel the same way.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made it pretty clear you don't like SVG, but that's about it. Scott's credentials and baggage pale in comparison to many other coaches so I pressed why you like Scott over anyone else and you won't give me anything other than you think he's a better fit. When pressed on what you mean by that, you just go with he understands the Lakers culture etc. And when pressed on what that culture is you won't explain it or just go with something that's self-referential back to the Lakers culture. Which isn't really an answer. That's like someone asking why an orange is good and you answer "because its an orange". It goes back to what I've said all along, many Lakers fans give far more preferential treatment to ex Lakers in this would be search instead of going with the best coach available. But whatever. I'm done with it. VT just hired Buzz Williams and I'm higher than Snoop Dogg at Coachella right now. So hopefully whoever LA hires, we can both feel the same way.

Actually if I recall I told you I don't hate or like they guy. Their you go again assuming that I hate the guy, Hey if I hated they guy I would tell you straight up " I fucken hate him & want him to burn in hell " but i have not said any thing like that. Second if you want to keep believing that he is my main candidate because he just an ex Lakers than you're wrong I already explained other things that he can bring to a young Lakers squad. Ill repeat for the last time, commitment,dedication,Hard Work,Team Work, discipline. Also all I keep telling you over & over is having a Lakers background & championships on your resume, doesn't hurt your chances for a candidate. When I was a Boss at LAX airport & I would hire someone that use to work for us & i knew he was a great worker & somebody I could promote since he went to other companies to gain more experience in the ramp operations field, even if he succeed it or not. It was a plus for him because I knew what he could do & I would gladly re-hire him knowing he also has more knowledge by now. It's a pretty simple choice. You would understand it if you ever held a boss position like Vice President or Station Manager like I did & when you do bring in someone with experience in the same field, but never worked for your company even though it's the same job, sometimes they don't plan out & they actually have a real hard time getting use to the operation, trust me I would send sometimes guys from other companies that just came here I would send them over to Alaska Airlines to run that contract for me & they would fail miserably no matter how much support they had.