• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers Next Coach

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get it. At all. Here is what you said " Byron & Rambis are much more wise then they were 3-5 years ago.". You have no proof of that. There is no way to prove it. Experiencing something doesn't guarantee you gain something from it. You could learn from it. But you could just as easily keep making the same mistakes over and over. That's why its a blind guess.

I'm well aware of their resumes. Yeah, Scott made the Finals over 10 years ago. But he's trending downward ever since and all his teams have quit on him. That's a big deal. He has too many negatives. And you can discount the failures of Rambis and Scott all you want in Cleveland and Minny, but it doesn't bode well for either one that they weren't at least competitive. A truly great coach can field a winning team regardless of the location. They did neither. If they can't win there, or even maximize the talent they have, what makes you think they can succeed in LA, where everyone is so eager to claim it's so much harder to win because so much is expected from its coach?

1. You're not comprehending what am trying to make you see about Scott & Rambis yea sure nothing is guaranteed & I never once promised that from them, but my IMO is Lakers franchise needs to hire someone familiar with the franchise & winning tradition & you're wrong in believing a great coach can succeed anywhere, he also needs management to back him up a little & give him he support & players he needs. Did Rambis & Scott ever get that in Minnesota or Cleveland ?? the answer is no.

2. They can succeed in LA for the simple fact that they will be supported by the fan base & franchise. Players will respect them for the fact that they have been here & have won championship as players, having that resume as a champion goes along way. It would also be a much easier transition away from Dumbtoni then for SVG to come here

3.What makes you think Kobe would be ok with having SVG as a coach?, you have to get somebody that he can respect, if you think otherwise then you need to wake up dude, because Kobe will still be here for 2 more season's.

Also what does pleasing the fans have to do with it? That's the #1 mistake an organization can make, catering to the fans opinions over making the best hire. So if Buss hires a non-Laker, what's going to happen? Is everyone gonna riot? They going to stop showing up? Guess they aren't real fans. Heck no, none of that will happen. That's why you don't do what the general population wants all the time. If that happened, Andrew Bynum would have been traded and LA wouldn't have won 2 titles with him. If a coach is the right fit for what you want to do, you hire him no matter what. That's what strong organizations do. If he also happens to be a guy the fans like, great. It's just a bonus.

Wow what do you mean pleasing Lakers fans have to do with anything ?? are you serious what kinda of Lakers fan are you? get out of here with that shit. Lakers fans pay big money to see the games & buy good tickets. All DR. Buss tried to do was to make the fans happy & entertain us & win titles for the city & it's fans. Thats what the Lakers franchise has always dedicated themselves to, that's why we have the best fans in the world & we have been patiently waiting for Jim Buss to wake up. It's no secret the fan base is very upset with him the last 2 season's. All we ask for is a little change & get the team going on again, I believe the fans deserve to be pleased once again.

I also mentioned to you if it's not an ex Lakers at least hire someone that can get Kobe's respect & that the fans would be ok with, Jesus how many times do I have to repeat this. You're being sarcastic now about the fans rioting if it's not an ex Lakers. Didn't I even mention go ahead & bring George Karl instead of SVG ??

Based on what? What prevents him from being able to coach in LA? How is CA not for him? Do you know him personally? Expand beyond vague "he doesn't understand the lakers way"

Yep there's your answer right there, you answered it yourself. no need for me to explain this one. Seem's to me you're part of that 10% Lakers fans that would be ok with the hire of SVG wich is cool whatever wags your tail. I will stay with the 90% of Lakers fans that prefer an ex Lakers to coach this team.

Here's a question for you. My #1 candidate is Tom Thibodeau if he's available (There's a slim chance he is because he and Chicago managment have been at odds). Would you like him as your coach? Thibs over any of the former Lakers?

Oh so now you're #1 candidate is Thibs & not SVG. What the fuck is going on here ?? we are talking about SVG as your prefered candidate, Thibs is a much better coach than SVG. Lets not fool ourselves his not available so their is no need to discuss this, but what if blah blah!! it's irrelevant to the topic we were debating.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow what do you mean pleasing Lakers fans have to do with anything ?? are you serious what kinda of Lakers fan are you? get out of here with that shit. Lakers fans pay big money to see the games & buy good tickets. All DR. Buss tried to do was to make the fans happy & entertain us & win titles for the city & it's fans. Thats what the Lakers franchise has always dedicated themselves to, that's why we have the best fans in the world & we have been patiently waiting for Jim Buss to wake up. It's no secret the fan base is very upset with him the last 2 season's. All we ask for is a little change & get the team going on again, I believe the fans deserve to be pleased once again.

Pleasing Lakers fans is not and should not be any kind of factor in who the Lakers hire as their coach. Fans will be pleased with a team that wins, regardless of who the coach is.

I guarantee, if the Lakers don't fire D'Antoni and the Lakers somehow are contenders again next season, all of the same fans who are now hating on him and calling for his head, will start be cheering him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also what does pleasing the fans have to do with it? That's the #1 mistake an organization can make, catering to the fans opinions over making the best hire. So if Buss hires a non-Laker, what's going to happen? Is everyone gonna riot? They going to stop showing up? Guess they aren't real fans. Heck no, none of that will happen. That's why you don't do what the general population wants all the time. If that happened, Andrew Bynum would have been traded and LA wouldn't have won 2 titles with him. If a coach is the right fit for what you want to do, you hire him no matter what. That's what strong organizations do. If he also happens to be a guy the fans like, great. It's just a bonus.

While I agree with you that being a former Laker should not be a big factor in who they hire, it should warrant some consideration. Coaching the Lakers is and should be special. I don't mean that in a conceited "we're the Lakers and everybody else sucks" way, but rather that there is a culture here that a coach must embrace. Former Lakers such as Scott, Shaw and Rambis, understand that culture because they "grew up in it".

While I have been D'Antoni's biggest defender on these boards, I do have one criticism of him and that is that I don't sense that "urgency" (for lack of a better term) of getting back to being contenders. I'm not saying that it isn't there and of course he wants to get them back in to contention (all coaches want to be contenders) but he doesn't seem angered enough by what is going on to me.

Using Byron Scott as an example, I agree with your concerns about him, but as I mentioned in my original post, he seems personally offended by what has transpired this season. I believe that this is what Lakersboy is referring to when he talks of preferring a former Laker. These guys understand and embrace that. I'm not convinced that D'Antoni has.

Whomever the next coach is, whether the Lakers keep D'Antoni, hire a former Laker or hire someone from outside the organization, the next coach must understand and embrace that "championship or failure, there's no in between" culture that Kobe spoke of in that presser.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone hear or watch the Dan Patrick Show today?

In a nutshell, he had breakfast with Phil about a week and a half ago and that was when Phil told him he was likely going to the Knicks.

On D'Antoni: He was non-committal on whether or not he deserves another year, but did say that he doesn't feel like D'Antoni has gotten a fair deal. "I really don't know. It's been rough on him with all of the injuries that he's had to deal with for the past 2 years. I don't thinks he's really gotten a fair deal."

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right TJF12 about Don'tknowi but at some point after all the injuries and such, his system has to prove itself and I believe we have reached that precipitive point where all the players are back (or nearly so) and the line-ups are stabilizing (which they are) and his approach is not making much of a difference.

In fact, we are still seeing the same problems that the year began with. We are not seeing a change in the sense that the players are buying into the system, the defense is hinting on changing and being more effective, and the line-ups are beginning to gel that translate into not only wins but strings of them.

Nope, we are seeing the opposite. Many of the problems continue to get worse and we are routinely getting hammered no matter where we play. It doesn't help that Kobe blasted Don'tknowi and it appears everyone is playing in the tank mode. Don'tknowi has essentially lost this team and that is what Kobe suggested and may contribute to his firing.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What coach isn't stubborn about his system? Has Phil ever run anything but the triangle? Also, D'Antoni has tweaked his system. He tweaked it this year for Pau. That's why Pau has been playing better and back to his 20-10 self.

As I've explained before, the issue with Pau wasn't about D'Antoni "having it in for him", it was about Pau never having played in a system like D'Antoni's and D'Antoni never having had a big with Pau's skill set. Once Pau got healthy and wasn't constantly in and out of the lineup, adjustments were made by both player and coach and Pau has played much better.
It wasn't always just the triangle, the Lakers routinely broke the triangle and ran pick and roll with Kobe and Pau at key stretches of the game. As for Dantoni tweaking his system, as I said i think in my opening post, he will only tweak his system begrudgingly. Last year, it took Kobe getting hurt, and it took all the complaining in the world from Pau and Dwight for Dantoni to finally realize that it might just be a good idea to feature 2 of the best big men in the league, IN the post. Any good coach should of realized from the start that that system needed to be tweaked to work for that team. They were older, and pretty much the whole lineup(Pau,Dwight,Ron,Kobe) needed to at some point, work from the post when they got the ball. Also, Pau had to whine and complain AGAIN this year for him to change.
As for Dantoni and Pau the thing is this, Pau is not the stretch four that Dantoni wanted, and Pau wanted the ball in the post which caused the continuing problems from the start. This was 100 percent the problem because Dantoni had Pau out there launching 3's last year. Also, Pau never played in the triangle as well but that never stopped him because the triangle fits a post player. Lastly on Dantoni, I don't put everything on him. We had a crazy amount of injuries and that's something I take into account....but when we start contending again, I don't want Dantoni because I've seen enough of his principles and way of thinking to want another coach. Also as for the injuries...I mean Phoenix wasn't injured in Danoni's years as well, but the philosophy was the same. They had capable defenders, but it was always about outscoring

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. You're not comprehending what am trying to make you see about Scott & Rambis yea sure nothing is guaranteed & I never once promised that from them, but my IMO is Lakers franchise needs to hire someone familiar with the franchise & winning tradition & you're wrong in believing a great coach can succeed anywhere, he also needs management to back him up a little & give him he support & players he needs. Did Rambis & Scott ever get that in Minnesota or Cleveland ?? the answer is no.

2. They can succeed in LA for the simple fact that they will be supported by the fan base & franchise. Players will respect them for the fact that they have been here & have won championship as players, having that resume as a champion goes along way. It would also be a much easier transition away from Dumbtoni then for SVG to come here

Two thoughts. 1) You don't fully grasp the concept of a great coach. He can win without a great managment staff. He may not win titles, but he'll definitely get the most out of his players and overachieve. 2) Your comment again, unedited "Byron & Rambis are much more wise then they were 3-5 years ago." That statement means you think they've gained wisdom and therefore are better candidates for it. But its unprovable. That's why its a baseless assumption. You don't get the logic though. You've convinced yourself otherwise.

3.What makes you think Kobe would be ok with having SVG as a coach?, you have to get somebody that he can respect, if you think otherwise then you need to wake up dude, because Kobe will still be here for 2 more season's.

Has he said one way or the other? You're just putting your own personal beliefs onto him looking for reasons to back up your claims that you can't justify beyond your own personal feelings. FWIW, Kobe backed D'Antoni's hiring too so be careful judging Kobe's thoughts.

I also mentioned to you if it's not an ex Lakers at least hire someone that can get Kobe's respect & that the fans would be ok with, Jesus how many times do I have to repeat this. You're being sarcastic now about the fans rioting if it's not an ex Lakers. Didn't I even mention go ahead & bring George Karl instead of SVG ??

Trojan touched on it pretty well. But you've got a backwards understanding of how professional sports works. Owners, not even Dr. Buss, are there to please you. They are there to make money. Dr. Buss didn't buy the Lakers because he loved LA so much that he wanted to gift the people with a great basketball team. That notion was secondary. He bought them to make money. And you make money by winning. And he wisely built a winning infrastructure and gave the fans opportunities to feel part of the team even though they aren't. Hate to break it to you, but that's how pro sports works. The second a pro team starts basing its decisions on the whims of fans is the second it starts to decay.

Yep there's your answer right there, you answered it yourself. no need for me to explain this one. Seem's to me you're part of that 10% Lakers fans that would be ok with the hire of SVG wich is cool whatever wags your tail. I will stay with the 90% of Lakers fans that prefer an ex Lakers to coach this team.

Nice dodge. You can't explain it because the fact is you just don't like SVG. Just admit it. ChiefLakers said that about JVG. I respect that. But you won't.

Oh so now you're #1 candidate is Thibs & not SVG. What the fuck is going on here ?? we are talking about SVG as your prefered candidate, Thibs is a much better coach than SVG. Lets not fool ourselves his not available so their is no need to discuss this, but what if blah blah!! it's irrelevant to the topic we were debating.

Find me where I said SVG was my #1 guy. I believe I said I'd call SVG and Karl before any of the guys on trojan's list. And you didn't answer, would you take Thibs over the others or not?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, in your Belichik and Popovich examples. They didn't change their system, they just changed the point of emphasis. With the Spurs, when Timmy was younger, the offense went through him. For the past few seasons as he's gotten too old to carry that load, the offense started running through Parker. It's the same system, it's just being run through a different player. It looks a little different because the pace is faster with Parker running it.

Same with the Patriots. It's the same system, Brady just has a lot more responsibility for it's success because he has it mastered.

Also, the Suns were a 2 seed both of those seasons and the Lakers performed worse overall in Phil's 2nd season with that team. They went from 45-37 and taking Phoenix to 7 games to going 42-40 and being eliminated in 5 games. That's not Phil's fault either?
I gotta disagree here. San antonio's system is no where near the same as before. Before, it was based around Duncan being the guy in the post, now it's based around Parker running the pick and roll. As for the Patriots, I detailed earlier how it's changed over the years. As for the suns and Lakers, no it wasn't Phil's fault whatsoever. No matter what year it was, it was Kobe and scrubs against prime Nash,prime Amare, and a slew of weapons

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be right TJF12 about Don'tknowi but at some point after all the injuries and such, his system has to prove itself and I believe we have reached that precipitive point where all the players are back (or nearly so) and the line-ups are stabilizing (which they are) and his approach is not making much of a difference.

In fact, we are still seeing the same problems that the year began with. We are not seeing a change in the sense that the players are buying into the system, the defense is hinting on changing and being more effective, and the line-ups are beginning to gel that translate into not only wins but strings of them.

Nope, we are seeing the opposite. Many of the problems continue to get worse and we are routinely getting hammered no matter where we play. It doesn't help that Kobe blasted Don'tknowi and it appears everyone is playing in the tank mode. Don'tknowi has essentially lost this team and that is what Kobe suggested and may contribute to his firing.

All the players are back? When did that happen? You mean Kobe, Nash, Nick Young, Jordan Hill and Jordan Farmar are all playing tonight?

Last I heard Kobe and Nash were done for the season, Farmar's out for 2 weeks and Hill and Young are hoping to be back this weekend.

And when did Kobe blast D'Antoni? He sure didn't blast him on Dan Patrick this morning.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope injuries aren't going to be a common thing for Farmar, he was really starting to come into his own this season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta disagree here. San antonio's system is no where near the same as before. Before, it was based around Duncan being the guy in the post, now it's based around Parker running the pick and roll. As for the Patriots, I detailed earlier how it's changed over the years. As for the suns and Lakers, no it wasn't Phil's fault whatsoever. No matter what year it was, it was Kobe and scrubs against prime Nash,prime Amare, and a slew of weapons

The Spurs have ALWAYS run the pick and roll. They used to pick and roll the Lakers to death with it. They just run more uptempo stuff than they did when it was going through Duncan. I disagree about New England changing their system. They run the same system, but emphasize plays that cater to Brady.

So, the losses to the Suns weren't Phil's fault because all he had was Kobe and some scrubs, yet this season is D'Antoni's fault even though he has been given a roster that would lose by 20 points to those Lakers teams?:L

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thoughts. 1) You don't fully grasp the concept of a great coach. He can win without a great management staff. He may not win titles, but he'll definitely get the most out of his players and overachieve. 2) Your comment again, unedited "Byron & Rambis are much more wise then they were 3-5 years ago." That statement means you think they've gained wisdom and therefore are better candidates for it. But its unprovable. That's why its a baseless assumption. You don't get the logic though. You've convinced yourself otherwise.

I grasp what a great coach is, but many great coaches need a good combination of support from everyone in order to succeed I clearly mentioned that to you & explained that it's a right mixture of cocktail. Just because you're a great coach doesn't mean a certain team is right for you. Many great coaches have failed somewhere because it was a bad mixture. Do you deny that ??

Has he said one way or the other? You're just putting your own personal beliefs onto him looking for reasons to back up your claims that you can't justify beyond your own personal feelings. FWIW, Kobe backed D'Antoni's hiring too so be careful judging Kobe's thoughts.

Kobe had preferred Phil, he only advocated Dumbtoni afterwards just because he had connections with him in Italy growing up. Now they're not not even talking to each other anymore & Kobe already made it publicly that he doesn't want Dumbtoni back next season.[/quote]

Second I never said he would deny SVG, but I asked what makes you think Kobe will advocate for SVG ?? you didn't answer.

Trojan touched on it pretty well. But you've got a backwards understanding of how professional sports works. Owners, not even Dr. Buss, are there to please you. They are there to make money. Dr. Buss didn't buy the Lakers because he loved LA so much that he wanted to gift the people with a great basketball team. That notion was secondary. He bought them to make money. And you make money by winning. And he wisely built a winning infrastructure and gave the fans opportunities to feel part of the team even though they aren't. Hate to break it to you, but that's how pro sports works. The second a pro team starts basing its decisions on the whims of fans is the second it starts to decay.

Every ownership is there to make money no shit!, did I ever say they are not ?? Dr. Buss did a lot for the fans & the city because he loved doing, but you completely throw off the fans, like saying "fuck what they think & they don't mean something at least" I have never heard a Lakers fans say something like that they way you have. Second you don't base your decisions on what the fan base wan't, but it's common sense what needs to be done & that's what the fans have been pointing out, so why would it decay if everyone agree's with what's going on ?? This franchise has suffered the last few years by a lack of continuity & solidarity, so if the fans ask for a change, do you think it's wrong & irrelevant ??

Nice dodge. You can't explain it because the fact is you just don't like SVG. Just admit it. ChiefLakers said that about JVG. I respect that. But you won't.

What Dodge ?? you got your answer by answering the question yourself, so no need for me to answer. Second what do you mean admit that I hate him ?? I clearly told you earlier I don't hate or Like the guy I just don't think his the right fit, are you even reading my reply's correctly ?? a lot of your questions that you ask, I already answered them to you before. You're just going circles dude & I have to repeat it to you, over & over kinda like a little kid asking me over & over Why ? & Why ? common dude we are grown folks here pay more attention.

Find me where I said SVG was my #1 guy. I believe I said I'd call SVG and Karl before any of the guys on trojan's list. And you didn't answer, would you take Thibs over the others or not?

It's a dumb question Thibs is not available & I also mentioned his a better coach than SVG & didn't I also mentioned earlier if not an ex Lakers at least someone that everyone is ok with because we know his a good coach, once again I told you go ahead & bring Carl didn't I ?

Second look at everyones post, most fans in here want an Ex -Lakers instead, but it doesn't mean it has to be neither, but we understand why it's probably best. You're the only one in here who does not want an Ex Lakers at all what so ever & pretty much believe fuck the past & the fans. Well you're on your own here buddy.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grasp what a great coach is, but many great coaches need a good combination of support from everyone in order to succeed I clearly mentioned that to you & explained that it's a right mixture of cocktail. Just because you're a great coach doesn't mean a certain team is right for you. Many great coaches have failed somewhere because it was a bad mixture. Do you deny that ??

No, not at all. But you're apply it to a guy like Scott that's had issues every where he's been and using managment as an excuse for his failings. And that in LA it will be different because is LA and he's a Laker.

Kobe had preferred Phil, he only advocated Dumbtoni afterwards just because he had connections with him in Italy growing up. Now they're not not even talking to each other anymore & Kobe already made it publicly that he doesn't want Dumbtoni back next season.

Second I never said he would deny SVG, but I asked what makes you think Kobe will advocate for SVG ?? you didn't answer.

I didn't answer it because I'm not Kobe. He hasn't vouched one way or the other. You were implying that Kobe wouldn't accept SVG. You might have even said it directly in an earlier post. You can't speak for him.

Every ownership is there to make money no shit!, did I ever say they are not ?? Dr. Buss did a lot for the fans & the city because he loved doing, but you completely throw off the fans, like saying "fuck what they think & they don't mean something at least" I have never heard a Lakers fans say something like that they way you have. Second you don't base your decisions on what the fan base wan't, but it's common sense what needs to be done & that's what the fans have been pointing out, so why would it decay if everyone agree's with what's going on ?? This franchise has suffered the last few years by a lack of continuity & solidarity, so if the fans ask for a change, do you think it's wrong & irrelevant ??

Your own personal fandom is showing. You don't get it. You think only in perspective of a hardcore fan. BTW, suffered? Really? We've had 1 really bad year. Last year was an injury disaster more than anything. Suffer is a strong word.

What Dodge ?? you got your answer by answering the question yourself, so no need for me to answer. Second what do you mean admit that I hate him ?? I clearly told you earlier I don't hate or Like the guy I just don't think his the right fit, are you even reading my reply's correctly ?? a lot of your questions that you ask, I already answered them to you before. You're just going circles dude & I have to repeat it to you, over & over kinda like a little kid asking me over & over Why ? & Why ? common dude we are grown folks here pay more attention.

I asked you to explain why SVG couldn't make it LA and to expand beyond the vague Lakers way excuse. But you didn't. You just "because of the lakers way". That's a dodge. You didn't answer because you have no answer.

It's a dumb question Thibs is not available & I also mentioned his a better coach than SVG & didn't I also mentioned earlier if not an ex Lakers at least someone that everyone is ok with because we know his a good coach, once again I told you go ahead & bring Carl didn't I ?

Second look at everyones post, most fans in here want an Ex -Lakers instead, but it doesn't mean it has to be neither, but we understand why it's probably best. You're the only one in here who does not want an Ex Lakers at all what so ever & pretty much believe fuck the past & the fans. Well you're on your own here buddy.

It's not a dumb question. He and Chicago have issues. There's a slim chance (I'd say 5 to 10%) they break up at the end of the season. So if he's available, would you want him? It's the simplest question in this entire topic but you won't comment on it

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me TJF12. Excluding Kobe and Nash which I know are out for the season, Farmar, Hill, and Young will be back soon and their presence only affects the bench line-up. My point failed to specifically explain that the starting line-up has not changed now for what 5-8 games? And if Don'tknowi system is supposed effective and as you claim he hasn't received a fair shake, then we should begin to see some difference soon.

Kobe blasted Don'tknowi in his inital interview when asked if he wanted to play for Mike next year. I am using some reporters language here so there might be some hyperbole involved. Is your memory pretty short or something? Just wondering that you didn't remember the inital interview.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me TJF12. Excluding Kobe and Nash which I know are out for the season, Farmar, Hill, and Young will be back soon and their presence only affects the bench line-up. My point failed to specifically explain that the starting line-up has not changed now for what 5-8 games? And if Don'tknowi system is supposed effective and as you claim he hasn't received a fair shake, then we should begin to see some difference soon.

Kobe blasted Don'tknowi in his inital interview when asked if he wanted to play for Mike next year. I am using some reporters language here so there might be some hyperbole involved. Is your memory pretty short or something? Just wondering that you didn't remember the inital interview.

It takes more than 5-8 games playing together, especially when guys have been in and out of the lineup. Also, at least one them wasn't even on the team for most of the season. The Lakers have averaged a different starting lineup every other game all season.

I understand that you don't like D'Antoni, don't think he's the right fit and want him gone and that's fine. But let's not pretend that he has been given a fair chance. I have yet to see or hear one reporter, ex-player or ex-coach say that D'Antoni has gotten a fair deal and many of them say he has done a pretty remarkable job considering the circumstances. Many also point out that the team plays hard, they just don't have the players to compete.

The only people I have seen claim that D'Antoni got a fair shake are Lakers fans who are pissed at him for not being Phil.

Kobe didn't blast D'Antoni in the initial interview. If anything he blasted management. He specifically said that "it starts at the top, with management". He said that management needs to decide what they want to do with Mike and Mike needs to decide what he wants to do. He also said that Jim and Jeannie need to get their relationship figured out. This was all in reference to the things that need to happen in the off-season.

The closest that Kobe has come to saying that he doesn't want D'Antoni back was when some "unnamed source" claimed that Kobe said that.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not at all. But you're apply it to a guy like Scott that's had issues every where he's been and using managment as an excuse for his failings. And that in LA it will be different because is LA and he's a Laker.

Once again your not comprehending my previous comments correctly, I said Cleveland was pretty much the only place where it was a disaster & he had good seasons in Jersey & NO, I never said every place he went was management fault for his failings. Don't put words in my mouth that I did not apply.

wildturkey;4675312I said:
didn't answer it because I'm not Kobe. He hasn't vouched one way or the other. You were implying that Kobe wouldn't accept SVG. You might have even said it directly in an earlier post. You can't speak for him.

Where did I apply that Kobe wouldn't accept SVG ? I only asked you if you think he would advocate for him ?? It's a simple question & you cant give me your answer or opinion.

Your own personal fandom is showing. You don't get it. You think only in perspective of a hardcore fan. BTW, suffered? Really? We've had 1 really bad year. Last year was an injury disaster more than anything. Suffer is a strong word.

For your information it's 2 seasons now, Injuries are not the only reason for the debacle. And yes the franchise has suffered a lack of lack of continuity & solidarity, big part of the reason is short Buss. Theirs no denying that. Wether you think the word is suffer is to strong, it doesn't matter I think it's a good expression of what's going on IMO.

I asked you to explain why SVG couldn't make it LA and to expand beyond the vague Lakers way excuse. But you didn't. You just "because of the lakers way". That's a dodge. You didn't answer because you have no answer.

Dude you answered the question yourself, so how am I going to answer, even Retroram & TL12 said the same thing He lacks the Lakers way & Former Lakers such as Scott, Shaw and Rambis, understand that culture because they "grew up in it".

Trojan12 explained this to you about Byron & Rambis. I just don't believe he is fit for this franchise. Is it against the Law for me to say this ?? :laugh3:

It's not a dumb question. He and Chicago have issues. There's a slim chance (I'd say 5 to 10%) they break up at the end of the season. So if he's available, would you want him? It's the simplest question in this entire topic but you won't comment on it

I won't comment on it because it's irrelevant to the topic & even so I still prefer Byron Scott, Rambis, Madsen & Bernie on the coaching staff next season that's my opinion, Is that wrong ?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bernice should be the Lakers next coach!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZwom2unxLo]South Beach Tow - Bernice's Most Badass Moments - YouTube[/ame]

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs have ALWAYS run the pick and roll. They used to pick and roll the Lakers to death with it. They just run more uptempo stuff than they did when it was going through Duncan. I disagree about New England changing their system. They run the same system, but emphasize plays that cater to Brady.

So, the losses to the Suns weren't Phil's fault because all he had was Kobe and some scrubs, yet this season is D'Antoni's fault even though he has been given a roster that would lose by 20 points to those Lakers teams?:L
That's not what I said, I said the system was predicated on Duncan in the post. Sure they ran pick and roll, but the offense was built around Duncan in the post. Now the system is strictly built around Parker's pick and roll. As for New England, their offense has changed like 3 different ways over the years. They went from that prolific, spread it out offense in 07', to the 2 tight end set when they had Gronk and Hernandez, and last year the best reciever was Julian Eldeman for crying out loud.
As for the past 2 years, I said in my last post that I don't put it all on Dantoni because we had a crazy amount of injuries

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again your not comprehending my previous comments correctly, I said Cleveland was pretty much the only place where it was a disaster & he had good seasons in Jersey & NO, I never said every place he went was management fault for his failings. Don't put words in my mouth that I did not apply.
But you also discount Cleveland entirely because "its Cle". A good coach could get more out of the roster than he did and it wouldn't quit on him. And yeah, he did have good seasons in NJ and NO. Never said he didn't, but those teams quit as well. That's a big deal. It's a trend. It's happened in 3 locations. That's the basis of this debate. He has major weaknesses. I say other candidates should be looked at before him because of those weaknesses. You're downplaying those weaknesses because he use to be a Laker.

Where did I apply that Kobe wouldn't accept SVG ? I only asked you if you think he would advocate for him ?? It's a simple question & you cant give me your answer or opinion.

"Imply". And here's your quote "What makes you think Kobe would be ok with having SVG as a coach?, you have to get somebody that he can respect, if you think otherwise then you need to wake up dude, because Kobe will still be here for 2 more season's" To me, the second part after the question implies Kobe does not or will not respect SVG. And why bring up Kobe if not for the reason you don't think he would be up for it?

Dude you answered the question yourself, so how am I going to answer, even Retroram & TL12 said the same thing He lacks the Lakers way & Former Lakers such as Scott, Shaw and Rambis, understand that culture because they "grew up in it".

Trojan12 explained this to you about Byron & Rambis. I just don't believe he is fit for this franchise. Is it against the Law for me to say this ?? :laugh3:

No, I didn't. Explain why he's not a fit. Explain what the Laker Way is that doesn't make him a fit. It's not against the law but you should at least be able to explain your reasonings.

I won't comment on it because it's irrelevant to the topic & even so I still prefer Byron Scott, Rambis, Madsen & Bernie on the coaching staff next season that's my opinion, Is that wrong ?

It's not irrelevant. Thibs could very well be a candidate. He stands just as much chance as Bryan Shaw and you'd have no trouble talking about him. Would you want Thibs as the coach of the Lakers or not?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you also discount Cleveland entirely because "its Cle". A good coach could get more out of the roster than he did and it wouldn't quit on him. And yeah, he did have good seasons in NJ and NO. Never said he didn't, but those teams quit as well. That's a big deal. It's a trend. It's happened in 3 locations. That's the basis of this debate. He has major weaknesses. I say other candidates should be looked at before him because of those weaknesses. You're downplaying those weaknesses because he use to be a Laker.

No I'm not downplaying any of his weakness & yea sure you can have other candidates before him, but does that mean they will be the right fit for this team ?? We don't know that the same way you don't know if Byron Scott will fail as a Lakers coach unless you have a crystal ball & yes IMO being an ex lakers & champion is a plus in your resume. No doubt.

"Imply". And here's your quote "What makes you think Kobe would be ok with having SVG as a coach?, you have to get somebody that he can respect, if you think otherwise then you need to wake up dude, because Kobe will still be here for 2 more season's" To me, the second part after the question implies Kobe does not or will not respect SVG.

Yes because this is my opinion, you still didn't answer or give me your's to my questions. it's pretty simple.

No, I didn't. Explain why he's not a fit. Explain what the Laker Way is that doesn't make him a fit. It's not against the law but you should at least be able to explain your reasonings.

Oh god I explain it to you already that you answered the question yourself, I'm not repeating myself again on this one. :L

It's not irrelevant. Thibs could very well be a candidate. He stands just as much chance as Bryan Shaw and you'd have no trouble talking about him. Would you want Thibs as the coach of the Lakers or not?

Dude I just answered your question already, what the hell are you reading? this is what I clearly told you. Put your glasses, are you ready ?? 1...2...3 here it goes this is what I said "I still prefer Byron Scott, Rambis, Madsen & Bernie on the coaching staff next season that's my opinion, Is that wrong ?"

The answer was right in front of you. WOW!!:laugh3::laugh3: