• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Lakers Next Coach

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm not downplaying any of his weakness & yea sure you can have other candidates before him, but does that mean they will be the right fit for this team ?? We don't know that the same way you don't know if Byron Scott will fail as a Lakers coach unless you have a crystal ball & yes IMO being an ex lakers & champion is a plus in your resume. No doubt.

Yep, you don't know if a guy is the right fit until after he's hired. Being an ex-Laker doesn't make him the right fit either. That's why a strong management puts more emphasis on ability and short-comings because it's a tangible identifier to help guarantee you made the right choice.

Yes because this is my opinion, you still didn't answer or give me your's to my questions. it's pretty simple.

Thank you. It's your opinion. Which was my point. You only brought Kobe up because you feel he would agree with you. And my answer is I have no idea what Kobe would want. I'm not Kobe.

Oh god I explain it to you already that you answered the question yourself, I'm not repeating myself again on this one. :L

Quote it then. Where is the explanation from you on what the Laker way is and why SVG doesn't fit? Or just do what your posts hint at anyway; that you personally think he's an idiot so you don't want him to be the Lakers coach regardless of his resume and ability.

Dude I just answered your question already, what the hell are you reading? this is what I clearly told you. Put your glasses, are you ready ?? 1...2...3 here it goes this is what I said "I still prefer Byron Scott, Rambis, Madsen & Bernie on the coaching staff next season that's my opinion, Is that wrong ?[/B]

The answer was right in front of you. WOW!!:laugh3::laugh3:

Wait...so the "I won't comment on it because it's irrelevant to the topic" is an answer? Because that sentence to me says "I'm not answering it" unless "I won't comment" has an entirely different meaning than what it use to. So the second part which you kindly bolded is in reference to something you won't answer? Prefer Scott over what? You said you wouldn't comment because its irrelevant even though it was a question about a viable coach in a topic title "The Lakers Next Coach" where people are discussing possible coaching candidates.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Lakers fans are more entertaining on this Board than the Laker team is this season. There are plenty of reasons why the Lakers stink this year and I don't see a quick fix.

The FO has to get on the same page, the coach (whomever that is going to be) needs to coach a system that focuses on ALL aspects of the game, and the players need to play with pride and conviction, not just a paycheck.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you don't know if a guy is the right fit until after he's hired. Being an ex-Laker doesn't make him the right fit either. That's why a strong management puts more emphasis on ability and short-comings because it's a tangible identifier to help guarantee you made the right choice.

The problem is Short Buss doesn't Persevere what is the best choice, it it hasn't happen in two season, Brown & Dumbtoni were the dumbest hiring I've seen in quite a long time, while he ignored Shaw completely. All because he loved Brown's interview. :L

Thank you. It's your opinion. Which was my point. You only brought Kobe up because you feel he would agree with you. And my answer is I have no idea what Kobe would want. I'm not Kobe.

Incorrect the reason I brought up Kobe was because we cant hire someone that can be provocative towards Kobe, If Kobe is healthy next season we need someone that he can advocate & support. We can't have a coach that he can possibly bump head's with in the remaining 2 seasons of his contract. SVG seem's like the type of coach that can have problems with his players, I get the feeling he will get a lot of death stare's from Kobe IMO.

Quote it then. Where is the explanation from you on what the Laker way is and why SVG doesn't fit? Or just do what your posts hint at anyway; that you personally think he's an idiot so you don't want him to be the Lakers coach regardless of his resume and ability.

1. You mean to tell you want me to tell you what is the Lakers way ?? really ?? you should know the tradition already ?? SVG does not fit the bill & has in the past bashed the Lakers & lost respect from some of his players, he has also failed where ever he has been despite having a good season here & and there. just Like Byron Scott.

2. He doesn't bring any championship experience to be able to carry us to the promise land & I don't believe he will, Now I'm not saying you need a championship coach, but it is a plus. This is why he was also one of the reason's he was let go in Miami & Orlando. He didn't deliver. There are much better candidates than him.

Wait...so the "I won't comment on it because it's irrelevant to the topic" is an answer? Because that sentence to me says "I'm not answering it" unless "I won't comment" has an entirely different meaning than what it use to. So the second part which you kindly bolded is in reference to something you won't answer? Prefer Scott over what? You said you wouldn't comment because its irrelevant even though it was a question about a viable coach in a topic title "The Lakers Next Coach" where people are discussing possible coaching candidates.

I answered your question even though I told you it was irrelevant to the topic since you kept bugging about it & I told you clearly who I would still pick as my next head coach. Then I asked you is that wrong ?? & I no answer. You want answers, but yet you don't answer my question. Read previous post please to see what I said & asked.

I made it simple & slow for you to understand, if you can't comprehend than I'm sorry I can't help you there. I can't make it any more easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The continuing fued between Dont'knowi and Pau Gasol that has spilled over into the press doesn't help matters either. They have patched things up a bit since Gasol was benched and then was inserted back into the starting line-up but animosity remains to a certain degree according to Mike Trico, Bill Simmons, and Jalen Rose during last night's telecast.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what I said, I said the system was predicated on Duncan in the post. Sure they ran pick and roll, but the offense was built around Duncan in the post. Now the system is strictly built around Parker's pick and roll. As for New England, their offense has changed like 3 different ways over the years. They went from that prolific, spread it out offense in 07', to the 2 tight end set when they had Gronk and Hernandez, and last year the best reciever was Julian Eldeman for crying out loud.
As for the past 2 years, I said in my last post that I don't put it all on Dantoni because we had a crazy amount of injuries

Re-read your post. My bad. Mind was wandering.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is Short Buss doesn't Persevere what is the best choice, it it hasn't happen in two season, Brown & Dumbtoni were the dumbest hiring I've seen in quite a long time, while he ignored Shaw completely. All because he loved Brown's interview. :L

No argument on the Brown stuff. Not sure what you're trying to go with though. You trying to say Buss isn't making the right choices because he's not choosing former Lakers, guys that "get the Lakers?"

Incorrect the reason I brought up Kobe was because we cant hire someone that can be provocative towards Kobe, If Kobe is healthy next season we need someone that he can advocate & support. We can't have a coach that he can possibly bump head's with in the remaining 2 seasons of his contract. SVG seem's like the type of coach that can have problems with his players, I get the feeling he will get a lot of death stare's from Kobe IMO.

Pretty sure you brought him up because you don't think he'd get along with SVG, but you can back out of it if you want. Though its amusing that a guy who has "problems with his players" is a disqualifier but Bryon Scott is totally fine even though its happened to him three times and has a lower career winning percentage.

1. You mean to tell you want me to tell you what is the Lakers way ?? really ?? you should know the tradition already ?? SVG does not fit the bill & has in the past bashed the Lakers & lost respect from some of his players, he has also failed where ever he has been despite having a good season here & and there. just Like Byron Scott.

Stop dodging. You can either explain it or you can't. You're using the phrasing for "Lakers way" as a catch all justification for something you can't (or at least won't) put into words. You're such a hardcore fan, right? You should have no trouble telling me what it is. Enlighten me. Help me to see it and be a better fan. Oh, and look at that ending sentence again? "Just like Byron Scott". So if you're saying SVG has similar issues to Scott, why would you pick Scott? Oh yeah, its because he was Laker. Which has been my entire point from my first post. Portions of the fanbase turn on blinders to other people and focus on former Lakers simply because they are former Lakers. Thank you.

2. He doesn't bring any championship experience to be able to carry us to the promise land & I don't believe he will, Now I'm not saying you need a championship coach, but it is a plus. This is why he was also one of the reason's he was let go in Miami & Orlando. He didn't deliver. There are much better candidates than him.

No championship experience? Yeah, he doesn't have a ring as a player. But being a player in an NBA championship doesn't translate to being a coach. Plenty of championship coaches never won a title as a player. Coaching wise, both Van Gundy and Scott have been to the Finals. That's coaching championship experience. But Van Gundy's teams have consistently performed better and Scott's teams have quit on him everywhere. Van Gundy did fine in Miami but Riley jumped in and took the glory from him. Maybe he felt SVG couldn't get it done, but considering SVG took a less talented Magic team to the Finals as well, I think that speaks to the fact that he could. And we all know SVG got run out of Orlando because of one reason, Dwight Howard. Which brings us to the summation of this debate. SVG's pros and cons outweigh Scott's pros and cons. But Scott use to be a Laker so that automatically bumps him up for you. And that's my point, you're bumping up lesser candidates just because they were Lakers. Or at the very least, you just personally think SVG is an idiot but you're trying to say his coaching ability isn't good enough as well so its ok.

I answered your question even though I told you it was irrelevant to the topic since you kept bugging about it & I told you clearly who I would still pick as my next head coach. Then I asked you is that wrong ?? & I no answer. You want answers, but yet you don't answer my question. Read previous post please to see what I said & asked.

I made it simple & slow for you to understand, if you can't comprehend than I'm sorry I can't help you there. I can't make it any more easier.

Show me where you said you'd take Thibs or you wouldn't take Thibs. All you said was its irrelevant even though its not. He actually could be on the market. So, one last time. Bold the answer if you want, put it in comic sans for all I care. Would you want Thibs as the coach of the Lakers or not? Would you want him over Scott, Rambis, any other dude you can think of. Speak clearly since you say I can't get it. Don't wax on with some noncommittal double talk about how its "irrelevant" but put up a half answer anyway.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we were 8-0 under him as an interim coach when Metta was still here and the Lakers had just fired Brown.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm tellin' you guys, not Bernie...............Bernice!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZwom2unxLo]South Beach Tow - Bernice's Most Badass Moments - YouTube[/ame]

They'll be afraid not to win a title.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we were 8-0 under him as an interim coach when Metta was still here and the Lakers had just fired Brown.

Maybe that's the secret, firing Mike Brown means you go 8-0. It's like an energy boost! Could we work out a deal where we let him coach a game, fire him, go 8-0, and repeat the process?

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument on the Brown stuff. Not sure what you're trying to go with though. You trying to say Buss isn't making the right choices because he's not choosing former Lakers, guys that "get the Lakers?"

His not making right choices period.

Pretty sure you brought him up because you don't think he'd get along with SVG, but you can back out of it if you want. Though its amusing that a guy who has "problems with his players" is a disqualifier but Bryon Scott is totally fine even though its happened to him three times and has a lower career winning percentage.

Well didn't I just say that, where are you going here? not quite sure what your to get to. You ask me earlier that I brought him up only becauase you think he would agree with me & I told you that's incorrect. I clearly explained that. Second I never said Scott would be totally fine, despite his past issues or faults, all I said is I prefer him as my candidate over SVG. How hard is that to understand ? seem's more like you don't like Byron Scott at all & I'm not quite sure why.

Stop dodging. You can either explain it or you can't. You're using the phrasing for "Lakers way" as a catch all justification for something you can't (or at least won't) put into words. You're such a hardcore fan, right? You should have no trouble telling me what it is. Enlighten me. Help me to see it and be a better fan. Oh, and look at that ending sentence again? "Just like Byron Scott". So if you're saying SVG has similar issues to Scott, why would you pick Scott? Oh yeah, its because he was Laker. Which has been my entire point from my first post. Portions of the fanbase turn on blinders to other people and focus on former Lakers simply because they are former Lakers. Thank you.

Explain what ?? you want me to tell the Lakers history ?? Second I'm not here to enlighten you or to show you how to be a better fan, that's your choice on what type of fan you want to be you're acting childish & talking drivel. Yes I said Just like Byron to try & make you see that he also had some bad stints & I have clearly explained to you why I think Scott would be a better coach for a younger Lakers squad plenty of times now & so has everyone on here explained it to you. I clearly mentioned he would bring a trademark of commitment,dedication, hard work trade marks that you so much desire. Do you remember now ??

Also many questions that you asked If you look at all my post previously carefully I already answered them, I have to repeat them to you, you're getting off topic. All gladly answer new questions, but if it's something I already answered again I will link you back to the post for your answer, so make sure it's a relevant question. Thank you.

No championship experience? Yeah, he doesn't have a ring as a player. But being a player in an NBA championship doesn't translate to being a coach. Plenty of championship coaches never won a title as a player. Coaching wise, both Van Gundy and Scott have been to the Finals. That's coaching championship experience. But Van Gundy's teams have consistently performed better and Scott's teams have quit on him everywhere. Van Gundy did fine in Miami but Riley jumped in and took the glory from him. Maybe he felt SVG couldn't get it done, but considering SVG took a less talented Magic team to the Finals as well, I think that speaks to the fact that he could. And we all know SVG got run out of Orlando because of one reason, Dwight Howard. Which brings us to the summation of this debate. SVG's pros and cons outweigh Scott's pros and cons. But Scott use to be a Laker so that automatically bumps him up for you. And that's my point, you're bumping up lesser candidates just because they were Lakers. Or at the very least, you just personally think SVG is an idiot but you're trying to say his coaching ability isn't good enough as well so its ok.

No not just becuase his a forer Lakers I gave you other reason's why I believe he would be a great fit & no, but the same way you think I'm bashing SVG that's the same way your bashing Byron now. So now honestly you're being a hypocrite buddy, But whatever I guess you love SVG & I love Byron, thats the way it is. Oh & it's not just because his a Lakers just in case you say it is. To much assuming on behalf of your part.

Show me where you said you'd take Thibs or you wouldn't take Thibs. All you said was its irrelevant even though its not. He actually could be on the market. So, one last time. Bold the answer if you want, put it in comic sans for all I care. Would you want Thibs as the coach of the Lakers or not? Would you want him over Scott, Rambis, any other dude you can think of. Speak clearly since you say I can't get it. Don't wax on with some noncommittal double talk about how its "irrelevant" but put up a half answer anyway.

Man your comprehension skills are really lacking. How hard is it to understand what this answer means ??

" Still prefer Byron Scott " so simple, I don't know if you want me to say it a certain way so you can wag your puppy tail, but you got your answer. Now please ask me newer questions if you like. Stop repeating the same old question because I already answered them, you're just going in circles like I stated earlier, the debate is getting boring when we should go foward not backwards. By now the courtroom would fall a sleep. Come on wake up dude. :laugh3:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't quote all of you because I'm too lazy to do it right now. You proved my point. You still prefer Scott. Over SVG, over Karl, over Thibs or probably any coach that could be available not named Phil Jackson. Heck, Thibs is widely regarded as one of the top 5 coaches in the league today. If you made a top 5 list, Thibs would be as high as #2 (only behind Pops) on some people lists and certainly no lower than 5. But you still prefer Scott. And the reason is clear. It's because he use to be a Laker. That's what I've been saying the entire time. Whatever notions being a Laker has (which you won't expand upon) makes people overlook stronger candidates. You value it. Way more than you should. You claim you have "clear" reasons for guys like Scott over SVG or Karl, but you didn't show why his resume is better because you can't. (Feel free to quote yourself). You can't do it because their resumes are better than Scott's. But since Scott is a Laker, you bump him up. You're bored because you have nowhere to go. You can't justify your reasoning because Scott's accomplishments and failings added up are worse. If you like him, that's fine. Just say that. But don't act like he's been a better coach when someone brings up more candidates with better resumes.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't quote all of you because it's dragging and unnecessary. You proved my point. You still prefer Scott. Over SVG, over Karl, over Thibs or probably any coach that could be available not named Phil Jackson. Heck, Thibs is widely regarded as one of the top 5 coaches in the league today. If you made a top 5 list, Thibs would be as high as #2 (only behind Pops) on some people lists and certainly no lower than 5. But you still prefer Scott. And the reason is clear. It's because he use to be a Laker. That's what I've been saying the entire time. Whatever notions being a Laker has (which you won't expand upon) makes people overlook stronger candidates. You value it. Way more than you should. You claim you have "clear" reasons for guys like Scott over SVG or Karl, but you didn't show why his resume is better because you can't. (Feel free to quote yourself). You can't do it because their resumes are better than Scott's. But since Scott is a Laker, you bump him up. You're bored because you have nowhere to go. You can't justify your reasoning because Scott's accomplishments and failings added up are worse. If you like him, that's fine. Just say that. But don't act like he's been a better coach when someone brings up more candidates with better resumes.

1. I never said his a better coach than other candidates, I clearly stated his probably a better fit for this team. I have explained to you that not every great coach is possibly the right fit on a particular team, But I see it's to hard for you to comprehend so their's no need for me to explain it to you over & over again since you cant grasp it, this is very sad indeed on your part. I wish I could help you, but you choose to see things your way instead of you actually paying attention & being coherent or reasonable.

2. I'm not over valuing being a Lakers too much, all I said is "it, doesn't hurt being an ex Lakers & Having championships on your resume." I even last season advocated for Jerry Sloan to be our coach when we didn't hire Shaw, so you see I'm a pretty common, but apparently you have a crystal ball & know how I think or feel & apparently also what I do. :pound:

3. Bored becauase you have nowhere to go ?? really WTF are you talking about ?? we are talking basketball chill out man no need to get this personal now. If you don't have ruff skin, don't take it out on me, wich I find quite funny, but I don't take it personal it's okay I don't get mad, I just laugh. :laugh3:

10-17-2012-stan-van-gundy-grimace-4_3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I never said his a better coach than other candidates, I clearly stated his probably a better fit for this team. I have explained to you that not every great coach is possibly the right fit on a particular team, But I see it's to hard for you to comprehend so their's no need for me to explain it to you over & over again since you cant grasp it, this is very sad indeed on your part. I wish I could help you, but you choose to see things your way instead of you actually paying attention & being coherent or reasonable.

2. I'm not over valuing being a Lakers too much, all I said is "it, doesn't hurt being an ex Lakers & Having championships on your resume." I even last season advocated for Jerry Sloan to be our coach when we didn't hire Shaw, so you see I'm a pretty common, but apparently you have a crystal ball & know how I think or feel & apparently also what I do. :pound:

3. Bored becauase you have nowhere to go ?? really WTF are you talking about ?? we are talking basketball chill out man no need to get this personal now. If you don't have ruff skin, don't take it out on me, wich I find quite funny, but I don't take it personal it's okay I don't get mad, I just laugh. :laugh3:

10-17-2012-stan-van-gundy-grimace-4_3.jpg

Yeah, and you wouldn't explain why he would better fit. We touched on the coaching abilities so you'll concede he's not as good in that respect? So it must be the Lakers bit. Which you won't explain why being a Laker matters. And I'm not getting personal. I don't hate you, haven't called you names, or getting mad or anything. I just pointed out that you ran out of things to say which is why your bored. You had nowhere to go because you can't expand on why Scott is the better choice for the team. You say I don't get it. What you don't get is its a debate. I've pointed out stuff and have waited on a response from you to justify your stance with reason or to counter my point but most of the time you just deflect, not explaining stuff, dancing around certain questions and points, etc. If its just personal opinion that you like a guy over someone else because of how you feel, state it and I'm fine with that. But that's not what's been going on. After you said responded to my first post about the candidates I threw out, I've been trying to get you to tell me why they are worse. But you haven't provided any answer with backable reasons, its all feeling. So do you just feel it in your gut? If so, we're good. We'll leave it at that.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and you wouldn't explain why he would better fit. We touched on the coaching abilities so you'll concede he's not as good in that respect? So it must be the Lakers bit. Which you won't explain why being a Laker matters. And I'm not getting personal. I don't hate you, haven't called you names, or getting mad or anything. I just pointed out that you ran out of things to say which is why your bored. You had nowhere to go because you can't expand on why Scott is the better choice for the team. You say I don't get it. What you don't get is its a debate. I've pointed out stuff and have waited on a response from you to justify your stance with reason or to counter my point but most of the time you just deflect, not explaining stuff, dancing around certain questions and points, etc. If its just personal opinion that you like a guy over someone else because of how you feel, state it and I'm fine with that. But that's not what's been going on. After you said responded to my first post about the candidates I threw out, I've been trying to get you to tell me why they are worse. But you haven't provided any answer with backable reasons, its all feeling. So do you just feel it in your gut? If so, we're good. We'll leave it at that.

I explained to some petty reasonable details, on what he can bring to the table, wich I'm not going to go over it all over again. just read the previous post's over again because you probably missed something. Second I'm the one that told you this is a debate in the 1st place, so how are you telling me I don't get that this is a debate ?? You see how I'm telling you you're missing certain things that I already mentioned. I'm assuming you're not reading all of my comments or skipping some sentences, not sure, but I did mentioned this much earlier. I stated that yes I like the guy, but that's not my main reason why I would choose him or because his an ex Lakers wich, I mentioned it is a plus though, once again read previous earlier post.

Second I believe I just told you this in my previous post, I never said anything that these guys are worse, I said Scott would be a probably be a better fit & I mentioned that not every coach does great everywhere he goes IMO. Never said they were worse. This is what I mean you're just assuming & putting words in my mouth, wich I'm ok with, but I wish you would pay a little more attention to my sentences & opinions, that way I wouldn't have to repeat what I already mentioned & it would make this debate far more intriguing.

In the end I gave you some nice credentials on Scott to make him a candidate & I told you what he brings to the table. Read post #73 5th paragraph. Also other Lakers fans in here gave some details on him also, I'm not the only one.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a photo of SVG contemplating the prospect of coaching the Lakers.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a photo of SVG contemplating the prospect of coaching the Lakers.

Not to mention he might want to brush his teeth, If he wants a job interview with the Lakers those things are more yellow than butter. How do you show up for a job interview this way ?? :L

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Kobe should be a player-coach. He knows as much or more than most of the coaches in the League.