• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The irrelevant Robert Quinn

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously....what's wrong with you? I mean, are you terminal or some shit? Why can't you just not be obnoxious?

It is too early to claim bust, but I agree that it's not been an ideal signing yet. He's made some plays...sack, ff, fr, but not at the rate we'd expect. We are missing Goldman, which is understated, and I think Pagano is overrated af, but still, yes, he is underperforming. Opposite of him, Mack has statistically underperformed as well, tho we know through a deeper lens, he has been as dominant as ever. Maybe Quinn has aided in that. freed him up, so to speak.

Either way, don't you tire of being an ass? I mean, I have to give credit, that you could keep up this buffoonery for as long as you have, but goddamn, it must be exhausting?

I kinda feel bad for you. You don't come off as in the lead at this point, bro. It just comes off as sad. I've seen you be humorous and of value to the board. I know it's there. This schtick is not it tho.
Oh look, your interpretation of what I said about Mack is fucking retarded too. Shocking.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TFW a guy is willing to give Cody Parkey another chance but Robert Quinn is dead to him after 5 games...

Speaking of which Cody Parkey hasn't missed a FG this year. Where's Piniero again?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which Cody Parkey hasn't missed a FG this year. Where's Piniero again?

My condolences to the Browns. They're gonna need FG's if they make the playoffs and the Doink King is going to crush them.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My condolences to the Browns. They're gonna need FG's if they make the playoffs and the Doink King is going to crush them.

Whereas if they had Piniero they would never get a field goal.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Quinn continues his journey of total irrelevance. But the idiots think his big day is coming! Or maybe it takes another 5 games to offset his lack of preseason games? The dude is getting beat 1 on 1 consistantly.

0.5 tackles
0 sacks
1 pressure (maybe)

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Quinn continues his journey of total irrelevance. But the idiots think his big day is coming! Or maybe it takes another 5 games to offset his lack of preseason games? The dude is getting beat 1 on 1 consistantly.

0.5 tackles
0 sacks
1 pressure (maybe)
Is this proof you don't watch the games? Because anyone who actually watched the game would tell you Quinn had his best game of the year, with at minimum 4 pressure. He caused one false start. His stunt inside is what free up Nichols to get the first sack, and his pressure caused the game-winning INT.

One of the broadcasters said yesterday that he and Mack have accounted for like 43% of the team's pressures, which was first in the NFL for a tandem.

Stats can be deceiving and disingenuous, @BsGenius. Just like you.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater was sacked 8 times in 5 games prior to ours...and not once in the previous 2 weeks....and we put him down 4 times and were all over them despite only 29 attempts...Our pass rush is not the issue. Still a long way to go before I'm willing to say Robert Quinn wasn't worth the money.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this proof you don't watch the games? Because anyone who actually watched the game would tell you Quinn had his best game of the year, with at minimum 4 pressure. He caused one false start. His stunt inside is what free up Nichols to get the first sack, and his pressure caused the game-winning INT.

One of the broadcasters said yesterday that he and Mack have accounted for like 43% of the team's pressures, which was first in the NFL for a tandem.

Stats can be deceiving and disingenuous, @BsGenius. Just like you.

So you're saying you are happy with his performance?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and watch the game again.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying you are happy with his performance?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and watch the game again.
Yesterday? Yes.

He has a ways to go before I'll say I'm happy with the signing in general, but I thought he played well yesterday.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater was sacked 8 times in 5 games prior to ours...and not once in the previous 2 weeks....and we put him down 4 times and were all over them despite only 29 attempts...Our pass rush is not the issue. Still a long way to go before I'm willing to say Robert Quinn wasn't worth the money.
I swear the announcer said prior 3 games.

That is impressive. The Bears got good pressure yesterday. I was especially impressed with the depth. Mario Edwards Jr had two big plays in a row.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also happy to say that our ILBs have done a 180. They look SO MUCH better. Trevathan, tho still a bit of a liability in coverage, looks like a different player out there, from what we saw the first 3 weeks. Roquan too. That is a great sign going forward.

I also wanna say, that Jaylon Johnson is still a great player. He got picked on a little yesterday, but on all of the completions but one, he was right there, and it was just great throws and better catches.

Last thing. Kyle Fuller does not get the respect he deserves from the officials. I could argue he is the best cornerback in the league, but is certainly not treated that way by the refs. That call was bullshit yesterday, particularly since they didn't call the same against Carolina earlier, wherein it was way more egregious in that he got there way earlier and went through the body instead of over it.

That's 2 TDs now taken away from Eddie Jackson, and both were bullshit.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am also happy to say that our ILBs have done a 180. They look SO MUCH better. Trevathan, tho still a bit of a liability in coverage, looks like a different player out there, from what we saw the first 3 weeks. Roquan too. That is a great sign going forward.

I also wanna say, that Jaylon Johnson is still a great player. He got picked on a little yesterday, but on all of the completions but one, he was right there, and it was just great throws and better catches.

Last thing. Kyle Fuller does not get the respect he deserves from the officials. I could argue he is the best cornerback in the league, but is certainly not treated that way by the refs. That call was bullshit yesterday, particularly since they didn't call the same against Carolina earlier, wherein it was way more egregious in that he got there way earlier and went through the body instead of over it.

That's 2 TDs now taken away from Eddie Jackson, and both were bullshit.
I thought JJ looked a bit shaky there for much of the game, but I'm nonetheless 100% sold on him as a solid coverage CB for years to come. Reminds me a lot of Peanut, minus the ball stripping at this point. But we can also pretty much guarantee that next week the Rams, after watching our game film, will target him and target him often. He'll just have to prove that they blew it by doing such.

And as for Eddie, it's one of the reasons I singled out the poor officiating in my initial post-game response. I usually leave the refs out of my opinions, since they often work as much in our favor as not. I never blame the outcome of a game just on the refs. But their flags and even non-flags were flatout ridiculous yesterday.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought JJ looked a bit shaky there for much of the game, but I'm nonetheless 100% sold on him as a solid coverage CB for years to come. Reminds me a lot of Peanut, minus the ball stripping at this point. But we can also pretty much guarantee that next week the Rams, after watching our game film, will target him and target him often. He'll just have to prove that they blew it by doing such.

And as for Eddie, it's one of the reasons I singled out the poor officiating in my initial post-game response. I usually leave the refs out of my opinions, since they often work as much in our favor as not. I never blame the outcome of a game just on the refs. But their flags and even non-flags were flatout ridiculous yesterday.
With Jaylon, we'd be remiss if we didn't point out that he caused the first INT, and he had another big breakup late in the game.

Like I said, a couple of those were brilliant throws and catches. I am not worried about JJ at all. He will be a stud for years to come.

Ya, the officiating was garbage. And I hate the "even out shit", it doesn't make me feel any better when we're the benefactor of shit officiating. It just means it's twice as bad. LOL. I mean, I'll take it en shit, but it's just bad to watch all around when they're sucking up the joint.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Jaylon, we'd be remiss if we didn't point out that he caused the first INT, and he had another big breakup late in the game.

Like I said, a couple of those were brilliant throws and catches. I am not worried about JJ at all. He will be a stud for years to come.

Ya, the officiating was garbage. And I hate the "even out shit", it doesn't make me feel any better when we're the benefactor of shit officiating. It just means it's twice as bad. LOL. I mean, I'll take it en shit, but it's just bad to watch all around when they're sucking up the joint.
I did exactly that, I made sure to state he caused the INT in my post-game comments.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 15th in the league in sacks despite how much we invested into it. Pass rush is a problem and that's why we brought in Quinn. He hasn't helped at all.
From what ive seen, teams are really strategizing into quick slants and 3 step drops against you guys. I think its fair to say that the knowledge of how dangerous your pass rush is kind of impedes it from getting its statistical merit. Think deon sanders. Teams have to adjust to avoid it imo.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk of Jaylon we shouldn't forget about the brilliance of Kyle Fuller. He has to be one of the best pure tacklers in the game. That open field stop of Bridgewater was spectacular.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk of Jaylon we shouldn't forget about the brilliance of Kyle Fuller. He has to be one of the best pure tacklers in the game. That open field stop of Bridgewater was spectacular.
And I'd throw in Eddie J as well. He's been getting screwed by the refs seemingly all season long. I love his play.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read this today...

"Quinn has the eighth-highest Pro Football Focus grade among Bears defenders, and it’s even higher than that when filtering that list to players with 150 or more snaps. Most importantly, his pass-rush grade is second on the team behind only Mack.

Quinn is tied for third on the team with 11 pressures and is keeping opposing offensive line’s honest with their pass-protection plan."

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
read this today...

"Quinn has the eighth-highest Pro Football Focus grade among Bears defenders, and it’s even higher than that when filtering that list to players with 150 or more snaps. Most importantly, his pass-rush grade is second on the team behind only Mack.

Quinn is tied for third on the team with 11 pressures and is keeping opposing offensive line’s honest with their pass-protection plan."

And this is all fine and good...But Aaron Donald has 7.5 sacks to a combined 5.5 out of Mack/Quinn and plays next to Leonard Floyd...That kinda pisses me off...

But this makes me a little more happy:

Found genius in the twitter comments below:

Cody Parkey ... thanks man, that missed extra point only cost me a couple thousand. No problem