• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The irrelevant Robert Quinn

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 sack 2 tackles for the season for this expensive 30 year old has been. I don't know how many pressures he's had but I doubt it's many at all. What a waste of money so far for the guy was supposed to spell Mack on the other side. Pitiful.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No preseason and little practice because of a injury. He will come on strong soon IMO.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No preseason and little practice because of a injury. He will come on strong soon IMO.
Different position/system too. Tho he's played in a 3-4 before, it was a while ago. I've seen quite a few pressures by him...I agree that he will be fine.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pass rush is not the problem, granted it shouldn't be since we have so much invested into it. I think it's fair to give it a 16 game assessment on Quinn. Pass Rushers have a tendency to blow up with sacks over a couple games during the course of a season, kind of the nature of the beast. He'll probably have some big games before it's all said and done. Well, that's the hope at least.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna split the baby in half here like the Solomon that I be. BS is right in that so far Quinn hasn't come close to living up to his rep, but I also agree that due to early injuries and having had to adjust to our defensive system, it's too early to flat out call him a bust. Let's give it another month-six weeks to see how he comes around before writing him off.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 15th in the league in sacks despite how much we invested into it. Pass rush is a problem and that's why we brought in Quinn. He hasn't helped at all.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as defensive system there isn't much to adjust to for a D lineman who's primary job is to sack the QB. It's not like he's the QB and playing in the secondary. Go sack the QB, he hasn't done it. Blaming the defensive system or being new to a system is a lame ass excuse.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as defensive system there isn't much to adjust to for a D lineman who's primary job is to sack the QB. It's not like he's the QB and playing in the secondary. Go sack the QB, he hasn't done it. Blaming the defensive system or being new to a system is a lame ass excuse.
And you would know this how? You just don't suit up, line up and go get em. This ain't street football. All gameplans, be they offense or defense require extensive planning, training, and practicing. So it's no excuse to simply write him off as if he should know better. Give him some fucking time. If he continues sucking after a month or so, then by all means state your case.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an edge rusher, there is quite a bit of difference between hand in the dirt and two-point stance.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ football experts. pffffffft

It's a wonder Quinn was even able to start when he became healthy with such complicated scheming on the defensive line (rolls eyes).

Yeah these college Dlinemen that get drafted every year...These guys take months before they can even start because it's so freaking complicated! Joey Bosa i mean that kid took years before he finally understood how to play DE.

Give me a break.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^ football experts. pffffffft

It's a wonder Quinn was even able to start when he became healthy with such complicated scheming on the defensive line (rolls eyes).

Yeah these college Dlinemen that get drafted every year...These guys take months before they can even start because it's so freaking complicated! Joey Bosa i mean that kid took years before he finally understood how to play DE.

Give me a break.

Seriously....what's wrong with you? I mean, are you terminal or some shit? Why can't you just not be obnoxious?

It is too early to claim bust, but I agree that it's not been an ideal signing yet. He's made some plays...sack, ff, fr, but not at the rate we'd expect. We are missing Goldman, which is understated, and I think Pagano is overrated af, but still, yes, he is underperforming. Opposite of him, Mack has statistically underperformed as well, tho we know through a deeper lens, he has been as dominant as ever. Maybe Quinn has aided in that. freed him up, so to speak.

Either way, don't you tire of being an ass? I mean, I have to give credit, that you could keep up this buffoonery for as long as you have, but goddamn, it must be exhausting?

I kinda feel bad for you. You don't come off as in the lead at this point, bro. It just comes off as sad. I've seen you be humorous and of value to the board. I know it's there. This schtick is not it tho.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Queue the, "I'm not here to make friends, and your opinion means nothing, and blah, blah, blah..."

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TFW a guy is willing to give Cody Parkey another chance but Robert Quinn is dead to him after 5 games...

Our pass rush is pretty good. Sack numbers aren't the only consideration. But I don't want to discount them, because we pay HUGE money for Mack/Quinn...so we should be seeing our boys at the top at that statistic. We need to finish these "almost" plays. There's no reason we can't put up the numbers. So get home and finish. There's a couple teams that almost double us in sack totals. That is somewhat unacceptable considering what we are paying for. So I won't completely dismiss what genius is getting at. We're at least a half season away from playing the Robert Quinn is a bust card...but there's potential for it playing out that way.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man...The Packers have more sacks than us (12) in 4 games than we do in 5 (11)...Now that's depressing. If they're better at us at our own biggest strength without factoring in Rodgers, that's not good...

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 15th in the league in sacks despite how much we invested into it. Pass rush is a problem and that's why we brought in Quinn. He hasn't helped at all.

I think we are 19th in sacks per pass.

So yeah...it's a problem.

Mingo is out performing Quinn.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While system and playing standing up or your hand in the dirt does matter...

Quinn has done both throughout his career. This isn't his first go in a 3-4. So that's not really a valid excuse.

His job is to win his one on one battle....because with Mack on the opposite side he isn't gonna see a lot of double teams.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While system and playing standing up or your hand in the dirt does matter...

Quinn has done both throughout his career. This isn't his first go in a 3-4. So that's not really a valid excuse.

His job is to win his one on one battle....because with Mack on the opposite side he isn't gonna see a lot of double teams.
Age is a concern at this point, but I think he's close.

One big game, and most of this is moot.

And once again, I'd just like to extend a giant fuck you to Eddie Goldman. I mean, I don't know his situation at home, maybe there is some immune compromised situation, but goddamn did he kinda fuck up a perfect d-line.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age is a concern at this point, but I think he's close.

One big game, and most of this is moot.

And once again, I'd just like to extend a giant fuck you to Eddie Goldman. I mean, I don't know his situation at home, maybe there is some immune compromised situation, but goddamn did he kinda fuck up a perfect d-line.

So these are the excuses so far:
* New team
* New defense
* No preseason
* New scheme
* Pagano is overrated
* Mack is having a bad year too (even though Mack is actually getting a ton of pressure and is on pace for 11.5 sacks but lets ignore that)
* Eddie Goldman is not here (lol, whatever)

We're almost a 1/3 of the season in and there isn't even a sign Quinn will turn it around. It's a huge problem. Stop sugar coating it. I'm not holding my breath waiting for Goldman to have a Mack kind of day. If Quinn doesn't start producing this defense is going to sliced and diced by Green Bay.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So these are the excuses so far:
* New team
* New defense
* No preseason
* New scheme
* Pagano is overrated
* Mack is having a bad year too (even though Mack is actually getting a ton of pressure and is on pace for 11.5 sacks but lets ignore that)
* Eddie Goldman is not here (lol, whatever)

We're almost a 1/3 of the season in and there isn't even a sign Quinn will turn it around. It's a huge problem. Stop sugar coating it. I'm not holding my breath waiting for Goldman to have a Mack kind of day. If Quinn doesn't start producing this defense is going to sliced and diced by Green Bay.
Well, Goldman isn't playing due to covid, but I agree, at this point, it is definitely a problem, particularly contract-wise. I am not making excuses, I just think there is a lot of football to play.

Quinn had a strip sack on ostensibly his first play as a bear. A few more of those, and nobody cares.

Look what the TB game did for the Mack doubters.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously....what's wrong with you? I mean, are you terminal or some shit? Why can't you just not be obnoxious?

It is too early to claim bust, but I agree that it's not been an ideal signing yet. He's made some plays...sack, ff, fr, but not at the rate we'd expect. We are missing Goldman, which is understated, and I think Pagano is overrated af, but still, yes, he is underperforming. Opposite of him, Mack has statistically underperformed as well, tho we know through a deeper lens, he has been as dominant as ever. Maybe Quinn has aided in that. freed him up, so to speak.

Either way, don't you tire of being an ass? I mean, I have to give credit, that you could keep up this buffoonery for as long as you have, but goddamn, it must be exhausting?

I kinda feel bad for you. You don't come off as in the lead at this point, bro. It just comes off as sad. I've seen you be humorous and of value to the board. I know it's there. This schtick is not it tho.
first response

You are so fucking sideways, you argue when someone agrees, ffs.