• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The hated dis-Astros are in town

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw an MLB alert the Royals are in sell, sell, sell mode. Could be an overreaction but like Amazon Prime day, we might get some bargains. :)

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the heat definitely hurt us with cliff lee. It might’ve cost us a World Series. Imagine him starting those games against the cardinals instead of matt Harrison.
Assuming wash would use the right pitchers. He didn't have to is Harrison like he did.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sullivan is pretty much echoing what many of us have stated in this thread.

By T.R. Sullivan @Sullivan_Ranger
July 15, 2019

Seeing the realistic contention window and the perception of overachieving, would the Rangers be better off keeping Mike Minor and Lance Lynn and gradually building off them in the next couple of years or trading Minor for the long-term future?
-- Timothy S., Rowlett, Texas

Keep them both. This blather about trading Minor is ridiculous. OK, there might be some team out there so eager and desperate for starting pitching they would be willing to load two or three prime prospects in a deal so attractive, it’s irresistible. But the Rangers are moving into a new ballpark next season with a strong nucleus of offensive players begging to be surrounded by dependable starting pitching. A weary fan base wants to see the same thing.

Trade Minor and/or Lynn and the Rangers will be spending another winter trying to piece together a starting rotation. The smarter option is to keep them, see how Adrian Sampson, Ariel Jurado and Joe Palumbo develop, check out what is available this winter and, yes, build around Lynn and Minor.

More here: Inbox: Would Rangers move Minor in deal?
Yes, he has also always been against trading Choo.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calhoun being sent down is a sure sign that this team has abandoned the rebuild process. A thorough comparison to the way the team has treated Calhoun and Odor paints a grim picture of our front office. We have a lot of decisions to be made over the next few months and my confidence in our decision makers is on a very low level at this point.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey needs an off day. Looks like it is going into his head
I think it takes awhile for some guys to get going again after the break. I think a lot of times the HR derby is blamed incorrectly for this.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calhoun being sent down is a sure sign that this team has abandoned the rebuild process. A thorough comparison to the way the team has treated Calhoun and Odor paints a grim picture of our front office. We have a lot of decisions to be made over the next few months and my confidence in our decision makers is on a very low level at this point.

The front office literally treats odor like he’s “the coaches kid” on a rec league team. The coaches kid usually sucks, but he gets all of the playing time at his favorite position.

It really has been disappointing and maddening, it’s like they’re explicitly stating to the fans “ results don’t matter”.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised to see Calhoun traded for a bullpen piece.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think we can compete against Rays Tribe As and Sox. Just don’t think we are in same caliber as Houston or NYY. No problem trading assets but good controllable SP are not found easily. Getting more of this is preferred not trading them away.

Getting better in increments seems the prudent course for now

No kidding.......I think I read 'very recently' the Astros have 7 players who are ranked in the top 5 at their postions and that's counting D and offense too.....TOP FIVE!......That's a lot of 'catching up' isn't it?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The front office literally treats odor like he’s “the coaches kid” on a rec league team. The coaches kid usually sucks, but he gets all of the playing time at his favorite position.

It really has been disappointing and maddening, it’s like they’re explicitly stating to the fans “ results don’t matter”.

I wasn't at all kidding about you needing some ODOR counseling.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding.......I think I read 'very recently' the Astros have 7 players who are ranked in the top 5 at their postions and that's counting D and offense too.....TOP FIVE!......That's a lot of 'catching up' isn't it?

We need a break. Something to go our way.

I’m crossing my fingers that the Yankees, rays, or dodgers kick their ass in the playoffs.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whose turn is it to start the new thread?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a break. Something to go our way.

I’m crossing my fingers that the Yankees, rays, or dodgers kick their ass in the playoffs.
We need to build a much, much better team and not depend on breaks, luck, crossed fingers or voodoo dolls.