• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The hated dis-Astros are in town

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's BS Willie got sent down. We know who they should have gotten rid of.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's BS Willie got sent down. We know who they should have gotten rid of.

Willie had a hot May and couple weeks in June last 30 days he's been Mendoza Line so they swapped OFer for OFer.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willie had a hot May and couple weeks in June last 30 days he's been Mendoza Line so they swapped OFer for OFer.
You can't count on this organization to the right thing. Odor should be on the bench. Santana who is batting 100 points higher, should be starting at 2b every day .

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't count on this organization to the right thing. Odor should be on the bench. Santana who is batting 100 points higher, should be starting at 2b every day .

They have too much money wrapped up in him to put him on the bench for any period of time it just isn't going to happen. For a couple of days while he works on some tweeks to his approach/swing yes I can see that happening. He has been hitting better the last 6 weeks (albeit not a whole lot) but that is improvement and has won a couple of game with late inning hits (no I'm not making excuses for him). Maybe this winter he will do what Pence did to reinvent himself at the plate, too many moving parts right now.

Santana is what he is right now a role player and is playing about 5 games a week which for some guys is a good thing. I've never believed in throwing guys out there for all 162 games because sooner or later the player will slip offensively/defensively. I'm perfectly happy with a team set up to where all the players play about 140-145 games a year (except for catchers) that way they stay productive and win totals are higher.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have too much money wrapped up in him to put him on the bench for any period of time it just isn't going to happen. For a couple of days while he works on some tweeks to his approach/swing yes I can see that happening. He has been hitting better the last 6 weeks (albeit not a whole lot) but that is improvement and has won a couple of game with late inning hits (no I'm not making excuses for him). Maybe this winter he will do what Pence did to reinvent himself at the plate, too many moving parts right now.

Santana is what he is right now a role player and is playing about 5 games a week which for some guys is a good thing. I've never believed in throwing guys out there for all 162 games because sooner or later the player will slip offensively/defensively. I'm perfectly happy with a team set up to where all the players play about 140-145 games a year (except for catchers) that way they stay productive and win totals are higher.
If you suck, you should be on tug he bench. Regardless of how much money you are getting. The Rangers completley screwed this up by not sending him down before he got 5 years of service in May.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you suck, you should be on tug he bench. Regardless of how much money you are getting. The Rangers completley screwed this up by not sending him down before he got 5 years of service in May.
You would think this organization had learned from the Prince Fielder experience.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think this organization had learned from the Prince Fielder experience.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree they should have gave him sometime to fix himself in the Minors but 20/20 hindsight is a bitch. They figured he was just off to another slow start and would come around, he has some but not quite enough. He will have to fix himself this winter or they will have no choice then as to having to eat some money. BTA there is nobody ready to take over 2B at this time so anything done will look like you covered a zit with some makeup, the problem will still be there 3B, C, 1B etc, etc...

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they should have gave him sometime to fix himself in the Minors but 20/20 hindsight is a bitch. They figured he was just off to another slow start and would come around, he has some but not quite enough. He will have to fix himself this winter or they will have no choice then as to having to eat some money. BTA there is nobody ready to take over 2B at this time so anything done will look like you covered a zit with some makeup, the problem will still be there 3B, C, 1B etc, etc...

Solak could get some playing time this year when rosters expand.

I’m hoping the kid is ready to go. I’m down for anything to get odor out of the lineup everyday.

I’d bring Solak up and start him right now if I could. Odor isn’t going to turn it around. Clear as day.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have Santana or Forsyth who can take over 2B. And you have White and Solak at Nashville.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't gave taken hindsight to see that. It was evident.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't gave taken hindsight to see that. It was evident.

It was evident he was struggling again and it was evident the team was going to stick with him for multiple reasons, for some reason that really pisses off some fans that can't have their way. :pound:

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was evident he was struggling again and it was evident the team was going to stick with him for multiple reasons, for some reason that really pisses off some fans that can't have their way. :pound:
The reason is they are too proud to admit they made a mistake with him. It doesn't have anything to do with some fans having their way or not. It has to do with the decision makers making poor decisions. You seem to be able to have problems with fans, but not management.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason is they are too proud to admit they made a mistake with him. It doesn't have anything to do with some fans having their way or not. It has to do with the decision makers making poor decisions. You seem to be able to have problems with fans, but not management.

The other thing upsetting people was we actually had adequate replacements (emphasis on the plural) available!

Santana or forsythe could do a better job at second base when you include the hitting.

Heck even Profar and former rangers cheer leader Hanser Alberto could do better at second base.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What the management sees is a .260-.270 hitter with back to back 30HR seasons (and they still owe him a lot of money) so they know he has talent and are giving him an opportunity to fix himself.

OTOH "SOME" of the fans see Odor is not performing like he has in the past and are pissed off the management aren't playing fantasy baseball and haven't made 2B a revolving door to suit them. And my guess is those "SAME" fans have already forgotten how the Rangers gave up on some young players they went on to other teams and did extremely well, BTA they don't care they just want management to do something "NOW" to placate them. (The pissing and moaning has gotten very tiresome, kinda like Leftards telling everybody that disagrees with them that they are racist) :L

Has JD made mistakes, yes. Have all GMs made mistakes, yes. Folks might as well get over JDs mistakes because the only person(s) opinion of him that really matters is the ownership of the team...

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the management sees is a .260-.270 hitter with back to back 30HR seasons (and they still owe him a lot of money) so they know he has talent and are giving him an opportunity to fix himself.

OTOH "SOME" of the fans see Odor is not performing like he has in the past and are pissed off the management aren't playing fantasy baseball and haven't made 2B a revolving door to suit them. And my guess is those "SAME" fans have already forgotten how the Rangers gave up on some young players they went on to other teams and did extremely well, BTA they don't care they just want management to do something "NOW" to placate them. (The pissing and moaning has gotten very tiresome, kinda like Leftards telling everybody that disagrees with them that they are racist) :L

Has JD made mistakes, yes. Have all GMs made mistakes, yes. Folks might as well get over JDs mistakes because the only person(s) opinion of him that really matters is the ownership of the team...
He had a 260-270 BA half of 1 season. His BA was .206. And was rated the worst position player in the league. And he played in all 162 games. And this year may be worst. The Red Sox sat Sandoval down and they were paying him a lot. You and the Rangers, just seem to grasp the notion, that he just sucks. 2017 is when he had the .206 BA.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox sat Sandoval down and they were paying him a lot. .

And you have to remember the Red Sox were in a Pennant race and have almost twice the revenue the Rangers have so it's not that surprising they did that. Panda went back to the Giants and is still playing albeit not at his AS form but still playing nonetheless.

You and the Rangers, just seem to grasp the notion, that he just sucks. 2017 is when he had the .206 BA.

(It was .204) And he rebounded last year back almost to his prior "average years" right around .260

BTW how long is Odor going to suck? Another week, another month, another year, permanently? If you know then maybe you should arrange a meeting with JD to discuss your vision.