• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"The Giants are Super Bowl champions??

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2012 Super Bowl -- New York Giants website reportedly announces team as SB champs - ESPN New York

Several New York Giants said all week long that they were going to be Super Bowl XLVI champions.

Apparently, the Giants website took heed of Chris Canty's message to fans and began preparing for a parade as well. On the eve of the Super Bowl, Giants.com reportedly accidentally posted an image proclaiming the Giants as Super Bowl champions. An NFL.com blog reported the website gaffe with a screen grab by Comcast SportsNet New England.

Super Bowl XLVI

Get all the news and commentary on the Patriots-Giants matchup on ESPN.com's Super Bowl Central.

The Giants.com page, which was quickly taken down, had a headline that read "The Giants are Super Bowl champions!" with an ad for official Giants Super Bowl championship gear on it. There was a link to enter Giants.com on the image which contained game photos of defensive end Justin Tuck, linebacker Mathias Kiwanuka, defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul, quarterback Eli Manning and a shot of the Vince Lombardi trophy.

Patrtiots coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady may take note as they probably have all week long of the Giants' bravado. There have not been any guarantees by the Giants, but there's been plenty of material for Belichick to post on his bulletin board.

Safety Antrel Rolle started the Giants' Super Bowl week by saying the team boarded its charter flight with the mentality that they were expecting to win the Super Bowl. He later added "we are going to win this thing."

"Me saying we wouldn't board a plane if you don't expect to win ... what kind of guy do you want?" Rolle said earlier this week. "Do you want a guy to say, 'I don't know?' Hell no, we boarded the plane expecting to win."

Canty later delivered a message to fans on WNBC-TV camera to "get ready for a parade on Tuesday."

Pierre-Paul also said Brady is not God and that the Giants had the Patriots quarterback feeling pressure even when the pass rush wasn't near him during their 24-20 win in November. Brady ducked during one third-quarter play with nobody right next to him in the pocket.

"Anybody can be rattled," Pierre-Paul said. "Tom Brady is a great quarterback, but at the end of the day, he is just a quarterback. It is not like he is God."

Giants head coach Tom Coughlin said his team's talk has been no different than Brady telling a crowd of approximately 25,000 fans at a Patriots pep rally to send the team off last Sunday, "We're going to give it our best and hopefully we have a lot more people at our party next weekend."

"I don't," Coughlin said Friday when asked if he has a problem with the bravado coming from his players. "I know there have been one or two quotes out there. But to be honest with you, I don't know that any one of them have been any different than Tom Brady's."

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
message to the giants...

kyle williams won't be playing

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Superbowl sucked for me, I wanted both teams to lose, I wanted the first Superbowl tie. I couldn't take anymore Brady - Montana talk. I hate the idea of the Patriots closing in on us, they are such an annoying team. at least we can sugar coat things by saying we lost to the team that won it all now, yay!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shitty game that was. There were no big plays...nothing. The best part of the night was a friend and I dominated beer pong defending our title from last seasons superbowl party.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Superbowl sucked for me, I wanted both teams to lose, I wanted the first Superbowl tie. I couldn't take anymore Brady - Montana talk. I hate the idea of the Patriots closing in on us, they are such an annoying team. at least we can sugar coat things by saying we lost to the team that won it all now, yay!

5-0-8-4-5

5 times where we won the Super Bowl
0 times where we lost in the Super Bowl
8 times where we lost to the eventual champion
4 times where we lost to the eventual runner-up in the Super Bowl
5 times where we lost to a team who didn't make the Super Bowl

Now, I know the way we lost factors in (a blowout loss in the wildcard round to the eventual champion means relatively nothing whereas 2011 loss does), but I wonder how the other teams stack up against this?

Also:

5 Super Bowl wins (0 losses)
8 Conference Finals losses (5 wins)
7 Divisional Round Losses (13 wins)
2 Wildcard Round Losses (3 wins)

If I'm off on the numbers let me know if you know. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor Adjustment:

5 Super Bowl wins (0 Losses)
5 Conference Finals Wins (8 Losses)
13 Divisional Round Wins (7 Losses)
3 Wildcard Round Wins (2 Losses)

If I'm off on the numbers let me know if you know. Thanks.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shitty game that was. There were no big plays...nothing. The best part of the night was a friend and I dominated beer pong defending our title from last seasons superbowl party.

they need to stop this week off crap.