• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE FLYERS FUCKING SUCK!!!

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for G, I am not 100% convinced that his hand is 100%.

(now that is a lot of %'s)

He seems to be resetting his grip a lot when going to shoot or move the puck. It isn't as much of an issue on face offs because he can just get set and let it rip. I just worry about him running around out of position (which he has not been doing) to try to score.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He seems to be resetting his grip a lot when going to shoot or move the puck. It isn't as much of an issue on face offs because he can just get set and let it rip. I just worry about him running around out of position (which he has not been doing) to try to score.

Yeah, seems like the hand injury hasn't fully recovered yet.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This may be the cause of his offensive struggles whih i would agree with but what do you think is the cause for his lack of any defensive play whatsoever?

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G's defensive play as not been all that atypical. What has been lacking is his goal scoring/offensive production.

G is usually guilty of a couple shifts a night that he simply does not skate out. That is all well and good and perfectly human, but he is supposed to be one of the top players in the league. With his usual scoring you would not even be looking at his defensive coverage and play.

That said, he really does not seem 100%. I don't think that is an excuse. I just don't see him as being 100%. With a hand injury you simply do not handle your stick the same and that leads to all kinds of issues....only time will tell

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what is he doing out there if he can't handle his stick? I don't think he even tried to stop Staal from getting the puck on the tie shot.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then what is he doing out there if he can't handle his stick? I don't think he even tried to stop Staal from getting the puck on the tie shot.

Valid point, from the first time I noticed Claude Giroux, the first thing that stuck out was his stick handling. I'm not saying that's all he could do, but that's the basis of his game. If he can't do that, then the rest of his game falls apart. It's a lot like most superstars if they can't stick handle. I think his injury goes beyond the index finger. I think he's off mentally as well.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only saw about 5 minutes of the game last night. What I did see was as discouraging as anything I saw in the 7-0 game, accept for Mason making a couple of saves.

Don't really have anything to add accept that if Giroux is going to play ole' defense and not generate offense he should be developing a case of butt splinters or press boxitis cause he is not helping the team he is supposed to be leading the way he is playing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is afloat with this bunch. Outside both goalies who are really doing well and a few players, some of these guys are not right in the head. They almost appear to be tanking to just get the hell out of dodge. I wouldn't be surprised.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is afloat with this bunch. Outside both goalies who are really doing well and a few players, some of these guys are not right in the head. They almost appear to be tanking to just get the hell out of dodge. I wouldn't be surprised.

Yeah true, goalies got something to play for. Steve Mason is a RFA next season, Ray Emery us a UFA. Meanwhile, the core of the team (Giroux, Hartnell, Voracek, Simmonds, Read, Couturier, Lacavalier & Streit) are all locked up for 5 years. This might explain why Brayden Schenn has emerged as the best player on the team, he's one of the few core guys that has got something to play for this season.

Slayer31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems very clear that these guys "are not right in the head", as you say. Watched the first period and a half last night: unbelievably boring. Maybe it's cuz I'm used to Lavy's high-tempo offense (which admittedly disappeared long before he got the boot), but very few seem to care.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE FINALLY HAVE A DECENT GOALIE, AND NOW EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS!!!

We really pissed off the hockey gods at some point in time along the way...

I thought these guys were tanking to get a new coach. Appears that wasn't the case, as Mr. Purple is gone. Are they tanking to get a new GM?!! Never heard of that before... but the GM's days must certainly be numbered, as the team he has assembled is only getting worse. His speach in the dressing room had zero positive impact.

sanfrand

FFL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Mason just hang his head after Giroux let Staal by. It seemed to break his heart after putting forth a great effort. I have to admit it broke my heart as well. I look so forward to Flyers hockey every game, nut I too am just heart broken they are so bad!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Mason just hang his head after Giroux let Staal by. It seemed to break his heart after putting forth a great effort. I have to admit it broke my heart as well. I look so forward to Flyers hockey every game, nut I too am just heart broken they are so bad!

I agree, but they are bad as a team. Individually, I think all of these players can perform at a high level, but they simply can't execute right now as a cohesive unit. It is pretty damn ironic that we finally have ZERO questions about our starting goalie, but suddenly we can't score any goals for him...something that we had mastered for years...and with many of the same players.

I still feel this has to turn around at some point. There's way too much talent and experience on this roster to be so horribly bad.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but they are bad as a team. Individually, I think all of these players can perform at a high level, but they simply can't execute right now as a cohesive unit. It is pretty damn ironic that we finally have ZERO questions about our starting goalie, but suddenly we can't score any goals for him...something that we had mastered for years...and with many of the same players.

I still feel this has to turn around at some point. There's way too much talent and experience on this roster to be so horribly bad.

You would think that based on the talent alone they would score more than they do even if they cant play cohesively? I was almost positive they would officially start the turnaround in the last game against Carolina. Once they finally open up, this team is going to be a terror. I expect it to be similar to what the Caps did last year after a slow start.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think that based on the talent alone they would score more than they do even if they cant play cohesively? I was almost positive they would officially start the turnaround in the last game against Carolina. Once they finally open up, this team is going to be a terror. I expect it to be similar to what the Caps did last year after a slow start.

Nobody is playing with any confidence. Everyone is holding the puck for too long and thinking instead of just reacting to what the defense gives them. Therefore, timing is off and passes/shots end up routinely being off the mark as everyone grips their sticks tightly. People are making one extra pass (that gets intercepted or blocked) when they need to shoot and then not always backchecking. Then you just don't always see the desperation and compete level that is needed to win games in the Nhl. We end up constantly chasing the puck because our offensive chances are one and done and we can't win a faceoff to save our lives. It's embarrassing right now, which is just causing things to get even worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is playing with any confidence. Everyone is holding the puck for too long and thinking instead of just reacting to what the defense gives them. Therefore, timing is off and passes/shots end up routinely being off the mark as everyone grips their sticks tightly. People are making one extra pass (that gets intercepted or blocked) when they need to shoot and then not always backchecking. Then you just don't always see the desperation and compete level that is needed to win games in the Nhl. We end up constantly chasing the puck because our offensive chances are one and done and we can't win a faceoff to save our lives. It's embarrassing right now, which is just causing things to get even worse.

I don't get to watch them enough to see what you guys see. Even though I am a fan of the enemy, I don't like seeing the Flyers like this and I truly believe they are 1 good game away from jumpstarting their confidence/season. Flyers fans are supposed to be angry at the other divisional teams, not the Flyers. Here's to them getting this turned around and back to normal for you guys!!

sanfrand

FFL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meszaros is the worst. Actually he's tied with Streit. This bad.....very bad!!

Slayer31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, but I think I don't care anymore.

I have the slightest bit of hope before a game, and then I check the updates and see that they still haven't scored after 2 periods, and then complete apathy sets in again.

Waiting for them to suddenly "bounce" out of this funk is madness. Definition of insanity.

So I don't care.

Somebody call me when the GM and Coach are replaced. Maybe I'll show a spark of interest at that point.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not throwing in the towel here. As bad as our boys have looked throughout the season, they've entered the third period within one goal of tying or winning the game 14 of 15 times. When you factor in how terrible we have been at scoring goals, that is actually a pretty encouraging stat.

Aside maybe from whenever Emery gets the start (or significant time), we're not getting blown away every game.

I just think we've gotten away from our game here. We're not physical enough, we don't drive hard to the net and we're not getting shots through with traffic in front. It's way easier to score that way than it is to always try to make the extra pass. Instead, we should be shooting asap with traffic and crashing for the rebound.

Between a lack of competition during puck battles, forechecking, backchecking and a failure to win faceoffs at even a decent clip, we're not hungry enough for the puck and it's killing us.

Last edited by a moderator:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first intelligent quote I've seen:

WAYNE SIMMONDS: "When things aren’t going for you, you tend to look for the extra play. But when things are going for you, you just throw things at the net and you get bounces, whether it’s off other teams’ skates and sticks, you know the dirty goals. I think that’s where we have to start, it all starts in practice tomorrow, I think we have to come to practice tomorrow and we have to stop in front of the net and bury every puck we can.”

Shoot the damn puck and crash the net. Ugly hockey. Winning hockey.