• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The final series at the beloved Ballpark in Arlington - NYY v TEX - 9/27 to 9/29

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you really think we’re stuck with him until 2024?

Things like the missed pop ups, abundance of strike outs, and worst base running in the league drive me crazy.

I hope to be stuck with no one except my wife. I think Odor is a Ranger next year but beyond that I have no clue.
But one thing is for sure ---if he is here I will be rooting for him

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Odor

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, we saw the same thingast year, only earlier in the season. He was supposed to have put in a lot of work then too. Maybe he always needs a hot Profar or Solak breathing down his neck.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, we saw the same thingast year, only earlier in the season. He was supposed to have put in a lot of work then too. Maybe he always needs a hot Profar or Solak breathing down his neck.
Raymond actually stated something that made sense and we all already know in that you look at 30 HRs and 94 RBIs and that is great. But the average has to go up. You add 30 doubles and a very good average with RISP it is a reak Jeckyll and Hyde season. If he could hit over .250 that would be great. Whether we all like it or not Odor will be here next season but that needs to be a season that determines his future.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raymond actually stated something that made sense and we all already know in that you look at 30 HRs and 94 RBIs and that is great. But the average has to go up. You add 30 doubles and a very good average with RISP it is a reak Jeckyll and Hyde season. If he could hit over .250 that would be great. Whether we all like it or not Odor will be here next season but that needs to be a season that determines his future.
I think if he starts next year then he us locked in for at least 3 more years if not more. The reason I say that is because we have 2 guys ready to replace him right now. If that doesn't cause management to make a switch I am not sure what will. I doubt we will have another candidate with a season like Solak has just had anytime in the next few years. I think Odor has a starting job at 2B for the duration of his contract as long as he has one or two great months each year. I will wait this offseason out and see what happens, but when he keeps that starting job on Opening Day next year, I will officially give up on upper management altogether.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if he starts next year then he us locked in for at least 3 more years if not more. The reason I say that is because we have 2 guys ready to replace him right now. If that doesn't cause management to make a switch I am not sure what will. I doubt we will have another candidate with a season like Solak has just had anytime in the next few years. I think Odor has a starting job at 2B for the duration of his contract as long as he has one or two great months each year. I will wait this offseason out and see what happens, but when he keeps that starting job on Opening Day next year, I will officially give up on upper management altogether.

Seems like you already gave up at least unofficially. Lol

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW. Watched whole game and interviews last night. And while reporters may be rah rahing Odor and his great September and yes it is great. Woodward downplayed it and said Odor getting hot has been done before. He stated he must not forget what he learned come next season. The talent is there but consistency is absolutely needed. The athleticism is there.

From my perspective, the fact that Odor has not mailed it in but continually showed the pride, work and willingness to try to improve was impressive. If however he thinks he has arrived then I do think he will regress. I would venture to think he starts come next year but if he slumps or develops bad habits he will not be given the luxury to play through it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you already gave up at least unofficially. Lol
If you can believe it, there are still new depths of give-up left in me. Haha

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW. Watched whole game and interviews last night. And while reporters may be rah rahing Odor and his great September and yes it is great. Woodward downplayed it and said Odor getting hot has been done before. He stated he must not forget what he learned come next season. The talent is there but consistency is absolutely needed. The athleticism is there.

From my perspective, the fact that Odor has not mailed it in but continually showed the pride, work and willingness to try to improve was impressive. If however he thinks he has arrived then I do think he will regress. I would venture to think he starts come next year but if he slumps or develops bad habits he will not be given the luxury to play through it.
Say he starts out hitting .210 for the first six weeks. What are their options? He cannot go down, he is even less tradable, he would be a one position bench player, thus wrecking your bench. It seems if they start him in April they are pretty much stuck with him as a starter, unless he gets a major injury or they cut him. I think how they decide to use him at the beginning of the year sets the course for the rest of the season due to lack of any other half way good options.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking of all the SportsHoopla over leaving the park to the new one with AC but to me the more hard hitting blow is that we are one game away from the end of Ranger baseball 2019. And our offseason will be upon us
Even with all of my good memories of the Ranger Ballpark in Arlington, I still am ready to move on to a much better stadium, one with AC.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could be the lineup 2020

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good or bad, Odor's performance is on none other than FO. Odor is always going to play as long as he is in the line up. He is not to blame for anything since he has always tried his best. Put the blame where it belongs......FO

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say he starts out hitting .210 for the first six weeks. What are their options? He cannot go down, he is even less tradable, he would be a one position bench player, thus wrecking your bench. It seems if they start him in April they are pretty much stuck with him as a starter, unless he gets a major injury or they cut him. I think how they decide to use him at the beginning of the year sets the course for the rest of the season due to lack of any other half way good options.

Just basing my opinion on the interview. Could be completely off on this and also could be something neither of us expect

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good or bad, Odor's performance is on none other than FO. Odor is always going to play as long as he is in the line up. He is not to blame for anything since he has always tried his best. Put the blame where it belongs......FO
I think he can share some of the blame because he obviously can play much better. That being said, to me, 98% of the blame lies with upper management.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can share some of the blame because he obviously can play much better. That being said, to me, 98% of the blame lies with upper management.
There you go. Looking for fly specks in the pepper. 2% lol

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it might be Nolan