• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The final series at the beloved Ballpark in Arlington - NYY v TEX - 9/27 to 9/29

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be an excellent landing spot. But IMO, he needs to go to the couch.

Is it strange that mangers in baseball are sought out after they become 50 years old, and everyone else - almost regardless of occupation - is getting phased out?

There you go throwing logic into the equation. Yes the new manager is dare I say millennial friendly which on a side note should not always be considered derogatory.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodward very classy move pulling Lynn after strike out 10 to standing ovation. Cracked a smile on Lynn

Previous smart move by Trevino directing Guzman inside the line so no batter interference

Really enjoying this game....gonna miss Ranger baseball

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be ideal even to get 2. It looks like Alllard is the front runner. Done with Sampson. Jurado AAA. Hearn an unknown. Hernandez long shot likely still in pen multi inning role.

Palumbo good shot. Bet we pick up Starting RHP

Palumbo, Burke and Allard are solid bets for me, Hearn an unknown due to injury, Sampson and Jurado probably not up to snuff but I'm up for letting anyone thats willing to put in the work to improve, Hernandez probably too wild at this time, bullpen is probably his future

A solid FA pickup would be nice, just hoping they don't repeat the Smyly, Miller, Volquez fiasco from this year

Personally I'd spend money on Cole, but I wouldn't go 7 years... which might take us out of the mix

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodward very classy move pulling Lynn after strike out 10 to standing ovation. Cracked a smile on Lynn

Previous smart move by Trevino directing Guzman inside the line so no batter interference

Really enjoying this game....gonna miss Ranger baseball
Off season will be fun

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how they brought The Clerk in the 8th. Maybe 2020 foreshadowing...guessing they have another arm ready

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offseason wish list:
Sign Cole
Sign Rendon
Move Choo
Move Mazara
Move Odor
Shore up bullpen

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a wrap....
Hello off-season

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is a nice spring board in to 2020

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goodbye Globe Life Park! I miss Texas Rangers baseball already!

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offseason wish list:
Sign Cole
Sign Rendon
Move Choo
Move Mazara
Move Odor
Shore up bullpen

hell...I would even happily take just 2 or 3 of that list. With our luck lately, none of it will happen. Hoping for change!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly.....I think we got more wins & entertainment than I thought we would for the season.

Plenty of positives......Who'd of guessed we'd find Minor and Lynn, AND with team-friendly contracts?......Calhoun is 'for sure' a keeper. We might have thought it before, but I think we know it now..........Tell me who thought Trevino might be part of the solution with our catching?........Where did that missile named Santana come from?....We ACTUALLY made a trade for a solid #4 starter with Allard; maybe better, we'll see............I 'think' I like our manager. Unusual for sure. But overall, I love his attitude!

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my recap from the final game ever at the Ballpark in Arlington:

I got there a little before noon. It was a clusterfuck at the gates, because they delayed opening them by 30 minutes. I'd say at least 15-20k people lined up waiting to get in. I've never seen it so crowded outside before. And once we got in, everyone stayed on the ground floor, so it was packed. I was sure they were going to set an attendance record, but they didn't even come close, surprisingly.

I just assumed Bush was going to throw out the first pitch. When Chuck Morgan announced Nolan, it felt like everyone in the park was surprised. The place erupted. The announcement of his beef coming back kinda took away from the moment, if I'm being honest (they literally announced it over the PA right after the pitch).

The game was great. Lynn was a beast, good solid hitting and defense.

Afterwards, it was great seeing all those former players on the field. The crowd showed them all love, especially Napoli who got one final round of his chant. I was really hoping Juan Gonzalez would have been there.

I'm very glad I got to be there for the final Rangers game at that stadium. I've had so many memories there, and seen so many moments. I love everything about that place. But let me tell you... baking in the stands on the third base side was pretty damn miserable. I absolutely cannot wait for the hardtop Ballpark.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palumbo, Burke and Allard are solid bets for me, Hearn an unknown due to injury, Sampson and Jurado probably not up to snuff but I'm up for letting anyone thats willing to put in the work to improve, Hernandez probably too wild at this time, bullpen is probably his future

A solid FA pickup would be nice, just hoping they don't repeat the Smyly, Miller, Volquez fiasco from this year

Personally I'd spend money on Cole, but I wouldn't go 7 years... which might take us out of the mix
I see Minor, Lynn, Allard, Burke/Palumbo and a Volquez, Smyly, Miller type as our starting 5. It is almost guaranteed the Rangers will waste from 12 to 18M on 2 or 3 reclamation pitching projects and another 6 to 12M on a couple of retread positional players