• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles made a mockery of the NFL last night

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Hurts was awful. I don't know that they really lost anything by playing Nate over Jalen. And honestly both teams looked like the keystone cops for much of the game.
I wish Wentz was suited up and played the end of the game.

I think he would have shown a bit of his old self.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find Seth Joyners comments from last night

gold

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You see it all the time. Once the tape gets out on these guys it’s a different story.
He had 2 games throwing for 300-plus yards.....he also hasn't had a full season, he had a handful of starts as a rookie after starting the season as a backup.

BrownEyedGirl

Let's Go Islanders!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very embarrassing moment for the Eagles organization last night and a lot of red flags around the judgement and/or motivations of Doug Pederson's decisions in that game and with his players as well.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 2 games throwing for 300-plus yards.....he also hasn't had a full season, he had a handful of starts as a rookie after starting the season as a backup.
And 72 yards in 3 quarters last night.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ thinking the eagles just straight up lost on purpose.

if that were the case, hurts never would have started to begin with. they could have used whatever excuse they wanted. they could have replaced him down 0-10 and again, used whatever excuse. they could have sat him down at the half and AGAIN, used whatever excuse. if the eagles punched in a TD at the end of the 3rd, they would have been up 21-17 with a quarter to go. then what? they purposely would have called blown plays to lose? lmao.

no one gives a crap about the giants, washington or some professional angle bullshit. pederson probably guaranteed some time to sudfeld and kept his word. the eagles get nothing for leaving hurts in the game and possibly winning, except some fake ass temporary respect. the draft pick and giving sudfeld a few minutes on the field is 100x's more important.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And like I said elsewhere. The Redskins adjusted the second half to the eagles trying to use a rob as a qb. Hurts was doing nothing. Hell his defense got him the ball in the red zone and he couldn’t make it work. Doug knew only chance he had of winning was having a qb that would actually make some consistent throws down field, a rb just isn’t going to do that against this defense.

this completely ignores the fact that pederson said he was gonna play sudfeld before the game even started. This wasn’t a “situational” move.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They might very well have won with Wentz, but you have to trust the process

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ thinking the eagles just straight up lost on purpose.

if that were the case, hurts never would have started to begin with. they could have used whatever excuse they wanted. they could have replaced him down 0-10 and again, used whatever excuse. they could have sat him down at the half and AGAIN, used whatever excuse. if the eagles punched in a TD at the end of the 3rd, they would have been up 21-17 with a quarter to go. then what? they purposely would have called blown plays to lose? lmao.

no one gives a crap about the giants, washington or some professional angle bullshit. pederson probably guaranteed some time to sudfeld and kept his word. the eagles get nothing for leaving hurts in the game and possibly winning, except some fake ass temporary respect. the draft pick and giving sudfeld a few minutes on the field is 100x's more important.

for a team in cap hell, seemingly no QB option on the roster, and players all over the league tweeting they would never want to play there after last night ( I know that can change), that’s what there was to lose

time will tell

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You probably missed the Cards game.

24 of 44 for 338 yards and 3 TD's.

He also played well in the win over the Saints.
Mostly running the ball vs the Saints but he did win, that's true. Had as much to do with the Saints, imo.
As for the Cards, their defense really isn't very good, especially the back end aside from Baker. Pat Peterson is a likely HOFer but he's pretty much at the end of the line. The rest of them are average. And honestly 24 of 44 isn't all that impressive. 55% comp isn't anything to brag about and having him passing 44 times is just stupid. At least, that's how I see those games. Nothing special, just caught two teams who couldn't gameplan for the Eagles as easily without Wentz in there.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this completely ignores the fact that pederson said he was gonna play sudfeld before the game even started. This wasn’t a “situational” move.
All that statement says to me is he doesn’t have much faith in hurts and wanted to see if suds had anything to offer

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats what exhibition season is for. That’s not what professionals do. Other teams around the league played their starters the entire game as well. If they were worried about Hurts getting injured then why play him at all? Why announce before the game that you’re gonna play the third string QB. Think about that for a second! The other teams KNOWS that you will sit your starting QB in the second half. Don’t you think that alters how they play the game?!?!
Not true. Mahomes did not play, Rothlisberger did not play just to name two. There were a lot of players who did not play. Announce before the game you will play your third stringer? The eagles did not do that.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, that would have been a better scenario. Nobody would be saying anything about it then even if Wentz failed. I think the one thing about this more than putting Sudfeld in was keeping him in after the fumble and pick. It was obvious that Nate was trash. Just put Hurts back in at that point, imo.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. Mahomes did not play, Rothlisberger did not play just to name two. There were a lot of players who did not play. Announce before the game you will play your third stringer? The eagles did not do that.

you really don’t need the difference explained to you, do you?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league was absolutely right to penalise Washington and Dallas for what they did. All NFL teams were told by personal email from Commissioner Goodell what they specifically could and couldn't do. Washington decided to do it anyway with Haynesworth's contract and Dallas responded with Austin's extension. Both teams were penalised less than the amount their transgressions gained them so both made out like bandits. Frankly bringing this up now as a response for what happened in a regular season game 10 years later is ridiculous.

Then why did the league approve the contracts?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why did the league approve the contracts?
Also Redskins and cowgirls weren’t the only teams to take advantage of it. They were the only teams to get punished though