• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles made a mockery of the NFL last night

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, sorry. Didn't really word that properly. I agree that Wentz needs to get back but I just don't see it happening with Pederson.
I don't think their relationship is as strained as it is made out to be.

I just hope they can do something with that 6th overall pick in the draft...but they need so much help.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think their relationship is as strained as it is made out to be.

I just hope they can do something with that 6th overall pick in the draft...but they need so much help.
Yeah, they really need to hit a good draft. There's a lot of holes to fill and need to dump some salaries to help with the cap. I think they could be a couple of years in rebuild. Need to get younger for sure.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should ask the NFL why they didn't immediately flag the contracts rather than me. I pointed out the issues on the NFL.com forums at the time. As for massive penalties...lmao. If you're supposed to structure the contract for $XXX in each year for 5 years, you account for all of it immediately in an uncapped year to gain 4 years of $XXX cap, and the league takes away less than 4 lots of $XXX, (years later and in installments), then it's not even a penalty. For the record it didn't happen sooner because the cap didn't immediately come back in, (partly because of such behaviour).

So you have no answer as to why the NFL approved the contracts, then came back years later with a brutal penalty for contracts they had approved.

Kinda what I thought. Time to move on.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night the Eagles showed the rest of the league just how unprofessional an organization they are. With playoff implications on the line they literally threw in the towel and played only 3/4ths of a game despite the game having very serious implications.

This is PROFESSIONAL football. Teams and players are expected to conduct themselves professionally. Yesterday, you had teams literally playing for nothing in the Pats/Jets game but both teams left their starters in the entire game and competed. They gave fans what they paid for. The jaguars played hard the entire game even though it was meaningless to them because they recognize that they are professionals. The Eagles on the other hand made a mockery of themselves and the league by simply giving up and not playing hard for the entire game.

They are by far the biggest joke in the NFL today. The league should dock them a draft pick and give them a fine for what they displayed in a very meaningful game played on national television.

yoona.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night the Eagles showed the rest of the league just how unprofessional an organization they are. With playoff implications on the line they literally threw in the towel and played only 3/4ths of a game despite the game having very serious implications.

This is PROFESSIONAL football. Teams and players are expected to conduct themselves professionally. Yesterday, you had teams literally playing for nothing in the Pats/Jets game but both teams left their starters in the entire game and competed. They gave fans what they paid for. The jaguars played hard the entire game even though it was meaningless to them because they recognize that they are professionals. The Eagles on the other hand made a mockery of themselves and the league by simply giving up and not playing hard for the entire game.

They are by far the biggest joke in the NFL today. The league should dock them a draft pick and give them a fine for what they displayed in a very meaningful game played on national television.

So what are you saying? I didn't read any of it. I'm busy.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Wentz was suited up and played the end of the game.

I think he would have shown a bit of his old self.
Yeah, but the last thing anyone wanted to see was another turnover...

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, but that's almost a whole 100 yards in 4 quarters...
He just allowed the redskins to end the season as the #2 defense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ thinking the eagles just straight up lost on purpose.

if that were the case, hurts never would have started to begin with. they could have used whatever excuse they wanted. they could have replaced him down 0-10 and again, used whatever excuse. they could have sat him down at the half and AGAIN, used whatever excuse. if the eagles punched in a TD at the end of the 3rd, they would have been up 21-17 with a quarter to go. then what? they purposely would have called blown plays to lose? lmao.

no one gives a crap about the giants, washington or some professional angle bullshit. pederson probably guaranteed some time to sudfeld and kept his word. the eagles get nothing for leaving hurts in the game and possibly winning, except some fake ass temporary respect. the draft pick and giving sudfeld a few minutes on the field is 100x's more important.
:scratch:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just allowed the redskins to end the season with the #2 defense
their D has been pretty solid this year

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have no answer as to why the NFL approved the contracts, then came back years later with a brutal penalty for contracts they had approved.

Kinda what I thought. Time to move on.
Bringing up cheating in 2010 which was penalised in 2012 is your 2021 idea of "Time to move on"? lmao.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing up cheating in 2010 which was penalised in 2012 is your 2021 idea of "Time to move on"? lmao.

No I was simply explaining why I hate the Giants. For so long Redskins fans almost gave the Giants a pass. We all hate Dallas, and Philly mostly because of their fans. There was not much hate left so most Washington fans tended to be more OK with the Giants. That all changed in 2012, it's a fairly universally held position with the Washington fan base.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sudfeld has to be pissed more than anyone, he was better off holding a clipboard......Now they showcased a guy that will be a Walmart greeter shortly......He probably ends up in Canada with Hank Kingsley......

Hey..........................

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not saying much but Washington deserved to win the Division

Points differential NFC East:

Washington +6
Giants -77
Dallas -78
Eagles -84

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on edit: I see it was brought up by Opie, and I agree. After a blatant and disgraceful dive like Philly took last night, they should lose their 1st round pick.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cry some more over a team not trying to win a game where there was no benefit for them to do so and it would have actually been counter productive to the team improving in the future of they did win.

Steelers rested starters yesterday and that game actually had seeding implications for them as well as playoff implications for other teams.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cry some more over a team not trying to win a game where there was no benefit for them to do so and it would have actually been counter productive to the team improving in the future of they did win.
Your team's future was as dismal before that game as it is after. If you don't understand why trying to win is important then go listen to your loud mouth Center's take on it. And go explain to those players out there trying their hardest every play and risking a possible career ending injury why they were just wasting their time and jeopardizing their future being "counterproductive".

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team's future was as dismal before that game as it is after. If you don't understand why trying to win is important then go listen to your loud mouth Center's take on it. And go explain to those players out there trying their hardest every play and risking a possible career ending injury why they were just wasting their time and jeopardizing their future being "counterproductive".

Why should they have kept Hurts in a completely meaningless game for the Eagles if he was risking a career ending injury and jeopardizing his future as you say?