• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Eagles are stone cold locks to win the NFC again, right?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure i don't have to tell you how hard it can be to beat teams you should.
It's a heck of lot easier than beating teams you shouldn't beat. There is a reason they are a combined 5-24....it's because they aren't very good football teams.

AddictedBrit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello, first time. I hate these posts. Nothing worse for a good team than expectation.

On one hand, they've played like ass all season and they're still 5-1. On the other hand, they've played like ass all season.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello, first time. I hate these posts. Nothing worse for a good team than expectation.

On one hand, they've played like ass all season and they're still 5-1. On the other hand, they've played like ass all season.
Welcome!!!

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We'll see what they are made of over the next four games. What a BRUTAL stretch of games. Dolphins, @ Commanders, Cowboys, @ Chiefs.

Fortunately they have a nice cushion right now, even if they lose 2-3 of these games. Sunday night should be a FUN game to watch! I wonder what the over/under will end up being for that game?

AddictedBrit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what they are made of over the next four games. What a BRUTAL stretch of games. Dolphins, @ Commanders, Cowboys, @ Chiefs.

Fortunately they have a nice cushion right now, even if they lose 2-3 of these games. Sunday night should be a FUN game to watch! I wonder what the over/under will end up being for that game?

The Commanders give us more trouble than anyone it seems too, every game is a slog.

If we decide to keep throwing interceptions and dropping catches then it won't be too high on Sunday.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Commanders give us more trouble than anyone it seems too, every game is a slog.

If we decide to keep throwing interceptions and dropping catches then it won't be too high on Sunday.

The weather looks to be pretty cold too at game time. I don't know who that favors though, if anyone.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s even more daunting than that.
Dolphins
@ Commanders (division game; needed OT at home; only split with them last year; Peaky matchup for Eagles)
Cowboys
Bye
@ Chiefs
Bills
Niners
@ Cowboys
@ Seahawks

That kind of a stretch screams Eagles fans may feel blessed if that’s 5-3. It could very easily go to 3-5 with some key injuries.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s even more daunting than that.
Dolphins
@ Commanders (division game; needed OT at home; only split with them last year; Peaky matchup for Eagles)
Cowboys
Bye
@ Chiefs
Bills
Niners
@ Cowboys
@ Seahawks

That kind of a stretch screams Eagles fans may feel blessed if that’s 5-3. It could very easily go to 3-5 with some key injuries.

Some of those later games to your point ALL depends on who gets healthy.

You can't go too far in the hole in the first half of the season, like if you're 2-6 you're probably just out. But if you're 4-4 or 5-3 and everyone gets healthy and STAYS healthy and other injuries start to mount up for teams, it can propel you real quickly into the playoffs. Kind of like baseball (always who heats up post all star), there's just more leniency in baseball due to 162 games vs. 17.

I think one season where Seattle won the division and was pretty good (like 12-4) there was a game against the Cards like 3 weeks before the playoffs, and like 5 starters went out (and were done for the year or played super banged up in the playoffs). It was ridiculous. The Cardinals had like 5 starters go out too. And the Cards were terrible that year, it was just one of those things. Seemed there was an injury every f'ing down.

Anyway, with like 2 OL down, Wagner was out/injured, a DL and a CB or S or something, the Rams put it to us in the wild card and won (not by much but did). Some would say the Rams had our number, but with 5-6 starters out (lost another a couple weeks later) that were KEY guys, you're not doing much.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are the top team in the league but The Eagles are their biggest threat to take the number one playoff spot from them. I can't wait to see their game this season!

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they play you guys Sunday night. That will be a damn good test.
Buffalo was the test. 1 team had an aggressive defense that pressured and tackled...and 1 team didn't. Despite all the offense on the field that was the key factor.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of those later games to your point ALL depends on who gets healthy.

You can't go too far in the hole in the first half of the season, like if you're 2-6 you're probably just out. But if you're 4-4 or 5-3 and everyone gets healthy and STAYS healthy and other injuries start to mount up for teams, it can propel you real quickly into the playoffs. Kind of like baseball (always who heats up post all star), there's just more leniency in baseball due to 162 games vs. 17.

I think one season where Seattle won the division and was pretty good (like 12-4) there was a game against the Cards like 3 weeks before the playoffs, and like 5 starters went out (and were done for the year or played super banged up in the playoffs). It was ridiculous. The Cardinals had like 5 starters go out too. And the Cards were terrible that year, it was just one of those things. Seemed there was an injury every f'ing down.

Anyway, with like 2 OL down, Wagner was out/injured, a DL and a CB or S or something, the Rams put it to us in the wild card and won (not by much but did). Some would say the Rams had our number, but with 5-6 starters out (lost another a couple weeks later) that were KEY guys, you're not doing much.
Absolutely Shark. This league is always about attrition as much as it is anything else. This middle of the schedule stretch is huge for almost all the contenders in both conferences. They all have very tough games to play and we will really see around the first week in December who's healthy and ready for the play-off push. Of course, then it becomes a case of not having those freak injuries at the end of the year that derail things.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers are the top team in the league but The Eagles are their biggest threat to take the number one playoff spot from them. I can't wait to see their game this season!
To be honest with their much easier schedule the Lions have a good shot at the #1 seed too

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After this week OP looking stronger but still a lot of story to be written

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest with their much easier schedule the Lions have a good shot at the #1 seed too
Lions always find a way to Lion

They look to be favorite in NFC, but they'll bungle on the way