• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Curse of the Big Drive

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done that with the 8th hole as well on the course (9 holer) my parents play at... I obviously try to drive the green when it reality there is absolutely no need to. I've driven it about 8 times.... Birdied once.... boogied it a few times as well since I sucked at putting. Heavily depressing!

My 20 yds and in game is better than my 100-125 yd (full wedge) game so there's no reason for me not to play driver. I'm going to end up with a birdie putt probably inside 30' 70% of the time...whereas with a full wedge...50/50 GIR is probably the best outcome I could expect.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get shamed into playing from the blues or blacks any more. I know what I can/can't hit, and I'm going to play from the reds. You wanna hit from back there, go ahead.

Yeah, and I also use a ladies' 3-wood, anybody wanna fight about it?

Actually I didn't care that day, had a vape pen and a 12 pack in the cart. What I don't like is people in a foursome hitting from different tee boxes.

I had a Patty Berg wedge when I was a kid.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you have confidence with driver but not with 10 footers?

1) all you can do is read the break, pick a spot on your line, and trust it. If it goes in it goes in.

2) biggest mistake I see from people on putts inside 10’ is that they take the putter too far back. Try taking it back 2-4” max on shorter putts

Let me know how that works out.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I don't like is people in a foursome hitting from different tee boxes.

I get it when there's four of you, when that happens everybody should move up instead of back. It'll help you play faster, too.

Mostly this is why I like to play by myself whenever I can help it. Even guys who suck as bad as I do insist on playing from the tips...I don't understand the point of that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I didn't care that day, had a vape pen and a 12 pack in the cart. What I don't like is people in a foursome hitting from different tee boxes.

I had a Patty Berg wedge when I was a kid.

Love those carefree type rounds.

Why don't you like a foursome hitting from different tee boxes?

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love those carefree type rounds.

Why don't you like a foursome hitting from different tee boxes?
I just like everyone in the group to play the same game and it can slow down play. Just a quirk of mine. IMO if players don't have a 10 handicap or less, stay the hell off the tips.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like everyone in the group to play the same game and it can slow down play. Just a quirk of mine. IMO if players don't have a 10 handicap or less, stay the hell off the tips.

Gotcha and Amen!

It can slow down play if the players are not used to it....I played in a mixed tee group for about 6 mos or so. I was still playing the blue and my buddies were older guys playing the whites and it worked out great....they knew how to get near their tee box without being in the line of fire of the blue tee players so as soon as we hit, they would be hitting.

When we got out to the balls we were all playing from roughly the same distance to the green.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be the only one on the internet that thinks 240 is a pretty good drive... for me.

No, you're not alone. I get a chubby when I hit it 250, mostly because I don't swing hard......... at all. Bad things happen when I swing hard.

However we is old so there is that.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been long and it's my swing. Even when I was young, friends who I was definitely stronger than could out-drive me. My swing is too "tight" and constricted, but it is what it is... it's my swing and when I try to change it and loosen it up a bit I can't control it which is much more important and I've never had the inclination to put in the time and effort it would take to rebuild it. That hasn't changed even with the equipment improvements since I started playing, especially now that I'm in my 60s. So 240 is about as far as I ever hit it and any hole much longer than 400 is a 3 shot hole. Fortunately I've always hit my woods (and hybrids) pretty good.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I drove our downhill 325yd 10th the other day, I piped it hard but nobody in any group I've been in for the last 2 years has driven it.

I hit the ball 250 on a good drive so we're thinking that I hit a sprinkler or the 150 marker. I write my initials on my ball so no doubt it was mine.