• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Way Too Long League Draft of Death

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here it is sportsfans, the long awaited League of Death draft. First off, these assholes decided to change a couple of rules before the draft (now we did vote and I voted yes on all 3 of the new rules) but it was also decided that the 2 rules that would be passed would start this year. I was on the fence about that but regardless, they start this season. We now have a flex spot (which is a rule I brought up my first year and had it shot down) and we will now go with decimal scoring (which is another rule I had shot down year 1). I shouldn't have sour grapes as I did want these rules, but it just goes to show you when you get into a league that has been around fer a long time, yer voice is not so loud. They did ask me about how my other leagues like decimal scoring so at least the fuckers listened to me there lol. Anyway, the addition of a flex drastically changed the way I drafted. Before youse guise tear this team up (and you will) remember the weird shit in this league. You HAVE TO carry 3QB,5RB,5WR,2TE,2K and 2D. This league's Super Bowl is played in the last round of the NFL Playoffs. So with that, I'll post my team. It actually rates out at a 75% chance to make the playoffs and looking at the other teams I'd agree but still not my best work. I mean, have you ever seen a run on kickers in the 10th round of a 12 teamer with 19 man rosters? Well then, this is the league fer you!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DISCLAIMER: I know it's one hell of a wall of text but when grading this team you should really read it...........or not.

Drafted 9th and this one does snake.
1. Gurley-Hopkins went right before him and I do like Gurley this year so I snagged him.
2. Mixon-Wanted Bell here but felt OK with Mixon. Should get plenty of work I just hope they don't break him right away.
3. Henry-No way I take him here without the addition of the Flex. I figured to snag some of my "sleeper" WR's in the later rounds. Oh yeah, I like Henry this year too.
4. Cooks-My highest WR on the board at the time. I own him a lot, just not as a 1.
5. Rivers-Remember, these fucks draft weird and he actually was the 2nd highest QB left on my list!
6. Gordon-With no Gronk, I see him having a pretty damn good year. Playoff guy too. Please don't smoke weed Josh.
7. Newton-This was my highest rated QB when I took Rivers, but these guise table talked a lot so I was sure he would las another couple of rounds.
8. Fuller-Liked him here as Josh insurance. Of course, health is a manor concern. Wanted Samuel here but went the pick before me. Dammit.
9.Pats D-Yes, we now have a run on D and the Pats are my top left at this point. Crazy.
10.Tucker-This is even crazier. 6 kickers go off the board in a flash and nobody take Tucker???
11. JWashington-Ben's #2 usually has pretty good value so I took a shot.
12. Hunt-Might be a bit early fer some but with the stupid suspension rule we have, I can put him on IR and grab another off the wire. That fact alone made him worth this pick. Was honestly surprised he was still there.
13. JJackson-Wanted JHill here but he went a couple of picks before me.
14. Sutton- I promised my son I would draft a Bronco. Still not too shabby in this spot.
15. Carolina D-I have to have 2 and who knows, maybe they make the playoffs????? Nah.
16. Greg Olsen-Was really thinking about Herndon here but maybe Greg has some life left. Worth a shot.
17. Haskins-Needed a third and in this league who knows, he could be a keeper next year.
18. Joseph-Not sure if he won the job or not but I do need 2 and he was the best of the bunch.
19. Hunter Henry-He was my keeper. What's funny is it made sense to keep him IMO over Guice. With the rule change it may have been better to go the other way. We'll see.

So there it is: An illogical look at an illogical league.............lol.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grab herndon and stash him on IR, or do you only get 1 IR spot?

same for Callaway

suspended players on IR is insane to me, but take advantage if dems da rulz

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Henry >>>>> Guice for your flex, and now you have Hunter for your TE

i still think it was the right call, even if Derrick comes out the gates a little slow since they are missing Lewan.

another to keep in mind for the titans - D should be well above average, they have great safeties (top 3 pairing in the league) and a good fast LB group. That alone should keep DH in the low RB2/high RB3 range this year

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

same for Callaway

Yup. Gonna put Hunt on IR and prolly grab MBrown (I'll look and see if there are any other RB's that would be a better fit but handcuffing Gurley might not be a bad idea). If I put somebody on IR I have to grab somebody in that position.........

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D Henry >>>>> Guice for your flex, and now you have Hunter for your TE

i still think it was the right call, even if Derrick comes out the gates a little slow since they are missing Lewan.

another to keep in mind for the titans - D should be well above average, they have great safeties (top 3 pairing in the league) and a good fast LB group. That alone should keep DH in the low RB2/high RB3 range this year
Bingo.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Sammy for that many rounds involved I'd say you did quite well putting a solid team together. .... You should go a long way. ... good luck !!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

same for Callaway

Lol.....we actually have 3 IR spots. Gonna have to drop Olsen, grab Herndon, put him on IR then grab Olsen again. Pertty funny stuff.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say the pisser IMO is my buddy drafted 4th and Sequan dropped to him there. The rest of his draft was not spectacular in the least but with Barkley and Mahomes (he kept him fer a 5th) he should score enough points to get him into the playoffs. First pick of the draft? Aaron Rodgers.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
non-playoff QB 1st overall? that is insane
coming off injury and getting old too
Yup. Almost as insane as having to draft a freaking K in the 10th round. After a run on K. And that K I got was Justin Tucker. A probable playoff K. After a run on K. And taking Phillipe Rio at 5 after a run on QB. And listening to the table talk on Cam Newton. Then getting Newton in the 7th.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How healthy is Cam?

If you have to have a worthless QB drop Haskins for Grier.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I like it. What few risks you took, Olsen, Haskins, came at very little cost, so wth, right?

My one slight would be only having the huge question mark in Gurley...rock solid Mixon, and hopefully rock solid Henry for RB's, with only Hunt and Jackson in reserve. Which means until week ten, you've only got Jackson...and if zero leverage Gordon comes to his senses, then your really thin until week ten. If Gurley re-aggrevates his issues?? Ouch.
I dunno where dudes like Duke, Drake, Barber, etc . went, but one of those might've been be a better fit, IMHO, then the Pats D or Tucker, or Washington.

I also think you made the right call with the keeper. Guice is just too much of a wild card ATM. And even though I complained about your RB depth, that only in a somewhat worse case scenario. The main 3 guys should carry the entire team most weeks, so Guice was a luxury you didn't need, he'd have been very expensive depth, you just need bargain priced depth ;)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I like it. What few risks you took, Olsen, Haskins, came at very little cost, so wth, right?

My one slight would be only having the huge question mark in Gurley...rock solid Mixon, and hopefully rock solid Henry for RB's, with only Hunt and Jackson in reserve. Which means until week ten, you've only got Jackson...and if zero leverage Gordon comes to his senses, then your really thin until week ten. If Gurley re-aggrevates his issues?? Ouch.
I dunno where dudes like Duke, Drake, Barber, etc . went, but one of those might've been be a better fit, IMHO, then the Pats D or Tucker, or Washington.

I also think you made the right call with the keeper. Guice is just too much of a wild card ATM. And even though I complained about your RB depth, that only in a somewhat worse case scenario. The main 3 guys should carry the entire team most weeks, so Guice was a luxury you didn't need, he'd have been very expensive depth, you just need bargain priced depth ;)
It was fucking weird! You would think there would be better options with dudes taking QB's, D's and K's early but it didn't work that way. Thought a lot of guise would fall that didn't. Drake and Barber were there a bit later though, they just weren't on my radar. Wanted to take a shot a Ballage but he went right after Drake. If we didn't have all the minimum requirements in this league it would be pretty easy to dominate...............cuz I still think these fools would be drafting QB,K and D too early, just only once.........lol.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, Hunt will go on IR (stupid rule) and Imma grab Brown (think he is the best fit right now fer my team). If Gordon comes back Jackson is droppable fer sure though...........

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given your league rules, I do like your team, Mr. Potty-mouth.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given your league rules, I do like your team, Mr. Potty-mouth.
Thanks Mr. Poopy Pants!

So I have a guy that works fer me and this is his 2nd year in FF. I had to draft his team fer him last year and he did a great job managing a pretty damn good team if I may say so myself (took the league). Anywho, you should have seen his face as I tried to explain this league to him................lol. I told him this team has a good shot at getting into the playoffs and if it does the way it is set up it could actually win it all..............needless to say, he is still having a hard time seeing it.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the guy that drafted right before me (8th). Laughed at me fer taking Josh, then goes TY Hilton so I then laughed at him and asked him if he would like to make a bet on who would score more this year. Crickets. Oh yeah, do notice when he took his first K.................lmao. BTW, I could have swore he took Nuk but it was the chick before him.

upload_2019-8-30_21-25-50.png