• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The committee experiment failed

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally wouldn't mind using the BSC system or something to pick the final 3 at-larges. That still has a bit of a human element to it in the form of polls, but it eliminates humans as much as possible.
I've mostly agreed with you but here I disagree. I think I prefer the committee's input than anything that allows the polls. Most pollsters allow teams to own their spot. Meaning, as long as they don't lose, they will usually stay where they are. Will say this has gotten a little better but not much. I like CFP at least seems more like they do put together a new ranking each week and teams start from scratch.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CBS I was on (and
'And 1' was the talk of football for some time during the BCS. I'm sure some specific people mentioned 8, but the conversation very much every week was about how 4 is enough, is better than 2, and would satisfy everyone. I had many many conversations about it on CBS and other forums. And many of those now that said 4 was perfect are on about 8. No doubt in my mind at all that they would then complain about 16 within 4-5 years of going to 8. Most people really want an NFL style playoff. I want no part of that.
I was also on CBS and it's nice for you it would be tough to go back and look.....the vast majority wanted an 8 teamer, but yeah they thought at least 4 was a must.

Then there were those like you who were fine with 2 teams which is absurd.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources are desperately needed here. Otherwise, we're into hearsay territory. I have heard people talking about 8 teams, you have about 4 teams, before the 2011 season.
I was in that CBS group (as well as AOL and ESPN at times) and while most wanted something and 4 was better than 2, the majority thought 8 was the way to go.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The laughable part is that you think someone capable of being Secretary of State isn't capable of choosing 4 teams to play for the National Championship. I'd say give your head a shake, but I wouldn't want anybody to get hurt by the marbles you would be flinging willy nilly.

Quick question...if Wisconsin had lost before the championship game, do you think they would have been ranked above Alabama? I'm not sure what was so difficult to understand...without the loss the committee ranked them ahead of Alabama....with the loss they ranked them behind...just like they ranked Alabama ahead of Wisconsin when they were both unbeaten. If that's an example of what you think is wrong with the committee, i stand by my first comment...you're a retard.
OK....so as he said. Bama benefited by losing to auburn and staying home CCG weekend. wisky went out there and OSU did the work for Bama.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O
You missed the point. You, as a team. Can control your own season in the field. If you are in a P5, even if you have been a small player in that P5, and you win all games, you are in. If not it is no longer in your hands. It isn't complicated and it isn't unfair. It's straight forward. Win and you are in.
OK....but lose and you might be in, as well......or you might not. That is decided by people who don't play.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The logical fallacy is you think someone who was a lifelong college football fan AND with the ability to be Secretary of State is less qualified than some random douchebag on a sports message board.

You have your interpretation, I have mine. The committee reviewed all the data points they had and found Wisconsin deficient. The BCS computers you seem to be so fond of had the same top 4.
You can keep saying this, but what he said remains true. BEFORE the CCG they deemed Wisconsin better than Bama. so wisky was, in fact, better off if another team faced OSU in the CCG.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was their record vs anybody who got left out? who was more "deserving"?? lol cya
Their record vs. wisconsin was 0-0. and BEFORE Wisconsin played in the BIG CCG they had the same record. so, as has been stated over and over, Wisky was better off staying home. Bravo to Bam though for their timing and circumstances for the loss they took.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their record vs. wisconsin was 0-0. and BEFORE Wisconsin played in the BIG CCG they had the same record. so, as has been stated over and over, Wisky was better off staying home. Bravo to Bam though for their timing and circumstances for the loss they took.
Okay, BUT when playing scrabble, do you consider it cheating to use a website to input your letters for crazy word combos or not? Is it more fair that you should know the words without computer aid?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must not understand math and statistics. Since you did not respond to the post, i am going to assume you are too stupid to comprehend
You end your comments with lol thinking it enhances your comment. It doesn't.

what I have said is factually correct. CFP ranking had Bama behind wisky then passed them while they stayed home.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
laughing because you are unbelievably stupid.
how's it feel getting your ass kicked by someone unbelievably stupid who uses logic, facts and reason.

what would that make you? Double secret super stupid?

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You end your comments with lol thinking it enhances your comment. It doesn't.

what I have said is factually correct. CFP ranking had Bama behind wisky then passed them while they stayed home.
Answer my recent reply to you, im not goina "debate" with someone who does not understand statistics (not the ability to read stats but the actual math)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isnt, according to you people there are very objective criteria to determine those who deserve a shot, lets hear it lol
"you people" - you mean rational people who use logic, facts and reason as opposed to emotion to form their opinions?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they will all be crushed that you don't hold them in high regard. I heard Ronnie Lott was likely going to slit his wrists while drowning in a pool of his own tears he was so shook up.
Hell, he could probably walk out the field and play after that if he did.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how's it feel getting your ass kicked by someone unbelievably stupid who uses logic, facts and reason.

what would that make you? Double secret super stupid?
When that happens i will let you know.

You have not kicked anyones ass nor have you used facts and reason. If you understood simple math you would realize that any system that uses 1 game of uncommon opponents across 130 teams will never be accurate to determine a champion in a tournament. That is just a fact. Play 5 games against each team and make every team play the same teams then you may h ave an argument for basing it 100% off wins and losses, that isnt even possible though.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"you people" - you mean rational people who use logic, facts and reason as opposed to emotion to form their opinions?
You keep saying "facts and logic"you have yet to employ any

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No seriously, use your special rules that would auto bid a team in and tell me they deserved to be in over xyz team that was chosen by the committee.....

If you cant even do that you have no business arguing stop trying to deflect and produce an answer
The only "special rule" I can recall is a team who wins its conference is in.

and, if they'd like, they could amend that to say no team with 4 or more losses can get in.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only "special rule" I can recall is a team who wins its conference is in.

and, if they'd like, they could amend that to say no team with 4 or more losses can get in.
There is no need to autobid and no need to expand, absolutely no need. If you like playoffs and that sort of garbage the FCS already does that sort of "entertainment" i suggest you just switch brands you watch....

There is a reason MANY college football fans dislike the NFL (it is extremely boring when teams can lose and not care)

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in your mind currently SEC teams play all of their stars the same amount of time, with the same amount of danger as they do against a top flight team? Mercer hits just as hard as Georgia do they? :L

They play base offenses mostly and rarely take big hits. If you honestly think they get as banged up playing Mercer as a big time program, you really know nothing about college football.

But do keep pounding your chest as if you are superior for having a different opinion that many of us simply find based on false narratives and bonus assumptions.
It's not how hard a team hits? In this case I think your facepalm for you = "I really don't watch much football".

Fields went out in the last game on a hit by his own player. Many major injuries are non-contact or with little contact.

Pounding my chest? Holy Pot calling the kettle black, Batman.

I've never said I am right. It's just my opinion. Even said if you prefer 4 teams, cool. You really need to stop before you have a complete meltdown.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No other sport has the disparity of rosters that college football does. Again, do you even college football? It really isn't necessary to have the same style of playoffs others do because there's really no chance a team sitting 1/3 of the way into the standings has the personnel to go up against the top 5.

We don't need more than what we have. It works. Plenty of us like it this way. You don't, but stop making shit up to try and justify what boils down to an opinion.
You mean like when I said if you prefer 4, cool.

couldn't be more comical the comments you make when you fly off the handle and have Yosemite sam-like namecalling meltdowns when someone disagrees with you.....and also refutes your comments with logic, facts and reason.

But if you still prefer 4, so be it.