• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The committee experiment failed

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Followed the Pac or ACC much? Neither are difficult slates right now with perennial powers WAY down. Who is Clemson going against for their CCG? :L

Which conference is down will change, but the fact they are not at ALL created equal is exactly why the title of conf champ should NOT ever been viewed as the same thing among the P5's. They aren't on equal footing in any way.

Conference champions were the team that played the conference schedule the best. That's all. It only looks at 2/3-3/4 of the games each team played. It cannot be a basis for determining anything other than conference standing.

Period. Stop. There literally is no debate on this.
Some fair points, but not Clemson's fault their conference is garbage and they had a couple games OOC scheduled that could have been seen as semi-tough in USCe and TAM. Not their fault USCe is a middling team.

And clearly we are debating so there literally is one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#5 is not deserving to be considered #2 or #1. Volleyball and Baseball get it close by playing a series instead of 1 off games. Playing best of 5 is a much better way to determine the better team than best of 1, so in the FBS it would never work to play a playoff (beyond 4) without watering it down into garbage.

Tournaments do not crown the best team when they are 1 and done games (not to say the best cant win just that it isnt likely)
If you want to be crowned the best then prove it on the field or court.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was their record vs anybody who got left out? who was more "deserving"?? lol cya
Ya gotta love people who think ending their comment in an "lol", gif/meme, etc can enhance their foolish comment/

It doesn't, but keep trying.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The logical fallacy is you think someone who was a lifelong college football fan AND with the ability to be Secretary of State is less qualified than some random douchebag on a sports message board.

You have your interpretation, I have mine. The committee reviewed all the data points they had and found Wisconsin deficient. The BCS computers you seem to be so fond of had the same top 4.

Yeah that's not a logical fallacy. And again, my issue isn't with the committee's end decision necessarily. It was the thought process that was flawed, and that just shows that they aren't the geniuses you seem to think they are.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to be crowned the best then prove it on the field or court.
You must not understand math and statistics. Since you did not respond to the post, i am going to assume you are too stupid to comprehend

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya gotta love people who think ending their comment in an "lol", gif/meme, etc can enhance their foolish comment/

It doesn't, but keep trying.
laughing because you are unbelievably stupid.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not answering the question. Also "deserving" is subjective.
No it isnt, according to you people there are very objective criteria to determine those who deserve a shot, lets hear it lol

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's not a logical fallacy. And again, my issue isn't with the committee's end decision necessarily. It was the thought process that was flawed, and that just shows that they aren't the geniuses you seem to think they are.

I'm sure they will all be crushed that you don't hold them in high regard. I heard Ronnie Lott was likely going to slit his wrists while drowning in a pool of his own tears he was so shook up.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isnt, according to you people there are very objective criteria to determine those who deserve a shot, lets hear it lol
K. It is though. And deserving a shot and earning a shot aren't necessarily the same thing.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they will all be crushed that you don't hold them in high regard. I heard Ronnie Lott was likely going to slit his wrists while drowning in a pool of his own tears he was so shook up.
Cool. You're the one who seemed so upset about it man.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
K. It is though. And deserving a shot and earning a shot aren't necessarily the same thing.
No seriously, use your special rules that would auto bid a team in and tell me they deserved to be in over xyz team that was chosen by the committee.....

If you cant even do that you have no business arguing stop trying to deflect and produce an answer

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No seriously, use your special rules that would auto bid a team in and tell me they deserved to be in over xyz team that was chosen by the committee.....

If you cant even do that you have no business arguing stop trying to deflect and produce an answer
You're not getting the point here. Go back to facepalming everything I say. It was a more effective argument than this.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're not getting the point here. Go back to facepalming everything I say. It was a more effective argument than this.
I would rate most of it with rainbows but retards got it taken away.

You are not making a case or argument, i ask you to provide some answers/feedback to help analyze your claims but you cannot even do something so simple.

You cant argue who should have been in using your "black and white, cut and dry" criteria with no human element so that one might compare and contrast what might have been....

Lets have it so we can see who should have been in the playoffs instead, ill be waiting for a real response instead of you trying to deflect and dodge

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rate most of it with rainbows but retards got it taken away.

You are not making a case or argument, i ask you to provide some answers/feedback to help analyze your claims but you cannot even do something so simple.

You cant argue who should have been in using your "black and white, cut and dry" criteria with no human element so that one might compare and contrast what might have been....

Lets have it so we can see who should have been in the playoffs instead, ill be waiting for a real response instead of you trying to deflect and dodge
k

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What it is is a foolish argument. The guy says coaches will just sit their regulars to keep them healthy for conference play which is beyond absurd.

If this were true, why do the SEC top teams play their starters during FCS week when they play their big rival the next week?
So in your mind currently SEC teams play all of their stars the same amount of time, with the same amount of danger as they do against a top flight team? Mercer hits just as hard as Georgia do they? :L

They play base offenses mostly and rarely take big hits. If you honestly think they get as banged up playing Mercer as a big time program, you really know nothing about college football.

But do keep pounding your chest as if you are superior for having a different opinion that many of us simply find based on false narratives and bonus assumptions.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 445.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all might want to mention to OD that the Ducks failed, again, to meet the criteria set for the committee to consider them. That's kind of all there really is to this thread, the rest is noise.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#5 of 128 doesn't even deserve a shot? You must hate all sports playoff formats.
No other sport has the disparity of rosters that college football does. Again, do you even college football? It really isn't necessary to have the same style of playoffs others do because there's really no chance a team sitting 1/3 of the way into the standings has the personnel to go up against the top 5.

We don't need more than what we have. It works. Plenty of us like it this way. You don't, but stop making shit up to try and justify what boils down to an opinion.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all might want to mention to OD that the Ducks failed, again, to meet the criteria set for the committee to consider them. That's kind of all there really is to this thread, the rest is noise.
Made some vCash on Oregon State's cover. :yes: Knew the ducks weren't going to run away with that game.