• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Collapse of the Boston Red Sox

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading a solid pitcher in Brandon Workman for pretty much nothing, because he is due to get paid this offseason, is very Tampa like
he Sox are lacking in starting pitchers and there's at least some intrigue in Seabold and they get three years of Pivetta. Pivetta showed some promise in 2018 despite a high ERA (high K/9, good FIP/xFIP) but he failed to build on that and got moved to the bullpen. Pivetta's a project, but I'd rather bank on him improving than the majority of their current options. Eovaldi and Perez are the only replacement level pitchers right now, the rotation is a disaster. I'll miss Workman though, he was a damn good reliever last year. Crazy to think he was one of the last remaining connections to the 2013 team.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading a solid pitcher in Brandon Workman for pretty much nothing, because he is due to get paid this offseason, is very Tampa like

Big Brandon Workman fan now, are we?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Done by the All Star break.......

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Brandon Workman fan now, are we?

I have 3 Workman jerseys

one with your face on the front
one with Navaminds face on the sleeve
one with Pure Steels face on the back down by my buttocks

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he Sox are lacking in starting pitchers and there's at least some intrigue in Seabold and they get three years of Pivetta. Pivetta showed some promise in 2018 despite a high ERA (high K/9, good FIP/xFIP) but he failed to build on that and got moved to the bullpen. Pivetta's a project, but I'd rather bank on him improving than the majority of their current options. Eovaldi and Perez are the only replacement level pitchers right now, the rotation is a disaster. I'll miss Workman though, he was a damn good reliever last year. Crazy to think he was one of the last remaining connections to the 2013 team.

One of life’s greater tragedies is a guy named Nick Pivetta doesn’t own a pizzeria in Bensonhurst

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see the Sox target a couple of Yankees this offseason

think Chad Green can price himself out of NY, Yankees have bigger fish to fry this offseason financially

and my greatest fear is DJ Lemehiue being put next to Xander and Devers

I don’t know what their approach will be this offseason, if they continue the teardown, but those are 2 that make sense if they do try to compete next season

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox have now lost 4 in a row, putting them just 1 game ahead of the Pirates in the win-column for the number 1 pick. They highest they've ever picked is 3rd.

Only the Red Sox, Giants, Dodgers, Cardinals, Reds, Indians, Rockies, and Blue Jays have never had the top pick.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox have now lost 4 in a row, putting them just 1 game ahead of the Pirates in the win-column for the number 1 pick. They highest they've ever picked is 3rd.

Only the Red Sox, Giants, Dodgers, Cardinals, Reds, Indians, Rockies, and Blue Jays have never had the top pick.

with a franchise altering caliber arm as the projected top pick.