• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Browns name RGIII the starting QB

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all I doubt he lights the NFL on fire. Beyond that I don't care. The only thing that matters for the Redskins is whether Cousins does well. If Cousins does not do well I won't go nuts since they are not tied up long term with him at this pt. It will just mean that the rebuilding will take a little longer. Unlike in the past I believe that the Redskins have a solid FO and are finally viewing things long term.
Do you deny a few Skin fans will go balistic if RGIII plays like it was hoped he would in DC? Not saying all Skin fans will but I'm fairly certain some will.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised at all. When they signed him.....they knew they'd be starting him the first week of the season.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you deny a few Skin fans will go balistic if RGIII plays like it was hoped he would in DC? Not saying all Skin fans will but I'm fairly certain some will.

I know the type & honestly I question whether they are true Redskins fans. I root for whoever wears the uniform & really don't care much about players who go elsewhere (unless they play for a rival). I am guessing that you basically feel the same about Cowboys players.

RG3's time was done with the Redskins - period. He continually displayed the problems I mentioned previously in this thread & there was no hope for him in DC. Anyone who could not see that does not know football. I truly wish him the best in CLE.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the type & honestly I question whether they are true Redskins fans. I root for whoever wears the uniform & really don't care much about players who go elsewhere (unless they play for a rival). I am guessing that you basically feel the same about Cowboys players.

RG3's time was done with the Redskins - period. He continually displayed the problems I mentioned previously in this thread & there was no hope for him in DC. Anyone who could not see that does not know football. I truly wish him the best in CLE.
I agree with not caring about past players, I know many Cowboy and Red Sox fans who hold grudges on some ex players. I can honestly say I only hated on two ex players. Ratliff for Dallas because of the way he ended his time in Dallas and Damon for going directly to the Yanks from Boston.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with not caring about past players, I know many Cowboy and Red Sox fans who hold grudges on some ex players. I can honestly say I only hated on two ex players. Ratliff for Dallas because of the way he ended his time in Dallas and Damon for going directly to the Yanks from Boston.

I'm kind of like you in how they ended their tenure probably matters much more than them leaving. I honestly don't wish any player to do badly if they leave the Broncos unless they go to a Rival but there are a few that I don't cheer for. Most of the time I do actually like to watch former Broncos go elsewhere and see how they do. Osweiler is one though that not that I hope he fails but I'm just not really wanting him to do great. He cut off all communication with his teammates, refused to come to the White House or Ring Ceremony party. He pretty much burned every bridge in Denver on his way out of town.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damon agreed

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping he now lights the league on fire, it will really send a few skids fans over the edge.

He's not our QB anymore, and I wish the best to RG3 except when he plays the Washington Redskins.

I'm sure it will send a few more boys fans "over the edge" if he is successful in Cleveland, with JJ not signing RG3 to come home and be Romo's back up...especially if Romo goes down and you have to rely on what you have on the bench in 2016....oh the horror of it all!

BTW Manster, you have been standing "over the edge" since week 3 of the 2015 season. If I were you, I would jump and stop embarrassing yourself any further.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland Browns name Robert Griffin III starting QB

Hopefully he can stay healthy and be smarter when it comes to running :suds:

Seriously man, is there a gas leak in Cleveland that makes good coaches retards or something ?
They have and have had some real talented players and coaches come in there but then they make dumb decisions like this one....That guy is a bust, acting like a prima donna....Wait til the real games start and he starts throwing int's and fumbling and turns around and throws his team mates and HC under the bus....
Bad decision for Coach IMO.....:noidea:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously man, is there a gas leak in Cleveland that makes good coaches retards or something ?
They have and have had some real talented players and coaches come in there but then they make dumb decisions like this one....That guy is a bust, acting like a prima donna....Wait til the real games start and he starts throwing int's and fumbling and turns around and throws his team mates and HC under the bus....
Bad decision for Coach IMO.....:noidea:
Eh, they pretty well know they will lose. They may as well see if they can get something out of RG3 while developing other pieces like Coleman for their next window. If RG3 sucks (likely) no harm, no foul, if he's good, one less position to fill going forward.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge fan of RGIII, never did like his attitude. Hopefully, he's grown up and dad isn't moving to Cleveland. I expect he'll still have plenty of INTs but if he can get the Browns to 7-9 he should be considered a hero. It's amazing he'll be the 25th Cleveland starting QB since 1999. Good luck Brownies.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, they pretty well know they will lose. They may as well see if they can get something out of RG3 while developing other pieces like Coleman for their next window. If RG3 sucks (likely) no harm, no foul, if he's good, one less position to fill going forward.

Hue is a pretty smart guy, this signing does not compute for me, let alone naming him the starter already....
Hue's in for a rough ride it looks like to me....:scratch:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the Browns are a bit early to make this announcement, but it's the Browns. I wish him luck and to stay healthy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Hue starting Mcown or Kessler over him unless he's really bad. RGIII gets at least 5 weeks to lose the job I think? Eagles, Ravens, Dolphins and Redskins are the firts 4 opponents 2-2 is not out of the question. Even with 3 games being on tbe road. If he's 2-2 he still has a starting job to face off against TB and co. If he's 1-3 it depends on his actual play.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When was their first window???

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well look at it this way, you didn't mortgage the future to draft him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well look at it this way, you didn't mortgage the future to draft him.

Yep - so no risk. In hindsight as a Redskins fan I am strangely kind of glad with the way the whole thing unfolded. It sucked during the 2nd & 3rd year of RG3. However - ultimately it led to them getting their first true GM in a very, very long time. I believe that this will pay huge dividends in the future & be worth much more than a handful of 1st rd picks.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a huge fan of RGIII, never did like his attitude. Hopefully, he's grown up and dad isn't moving to Cleveland. I expect he'll still have plenty of INTs but if he can get the Browns to 7-9 he should be considered a hero. It's amazing he'll be the 25th Cleveland starting QB since 1999. Good luck Brownies.

upload_2016-8-9_9-3-48.png

Never gets old.... A few more names might be added to the bottom of that shirt by the end of this season.

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-9_9-3-12.png
    upload_2016-8-9_9-3-12.png
    466.8 KB · Views: 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Josh McCown will start when RGKnee gets hurt
And Cody Kessler will start when the Browns are 3-10 with nothing to play for
And Austin Davis will play when Kessler goes 2-15 with 3 picks in the first half of week 16

Because Browns