• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska, first place in the Big Ten West Division. Oh yeah, conference championship game is in sight. Nebraska won't be attending though.

Nebraska goes down as the CHAMPION of the Inaugural Big Ten Friday Night Game. Wow, I expect that to be all over the Big Ten Official Athletic Site. That will be a new trophy game sponsored by somebody really important. See, the conference isn't all about Ohio State and Michigan.

I know who the sponsor is and what the trophy will look like

Trophy, it even looks like a trophy

iipsrv.fcgi

Sponsor

a275d7a0-3b70-4343-8089-a1e56fd2df0c.jpg.w480.jpg

Oh baby, Wisconsin comes to Lincoln on October 7 and will be in disbelief of that Friday Night performance.

I will say the Nebraska offense looked ten times better than the Texas offense on Thursday night and the Iowa State offense on Thursday night.

Nebraska is the third best scrub nights champion for the week.

1. Washington State beat undefeated USC
2. Miami beat undefeated Duke
3. Nebraska beat Lovie Smith there will be another head coach opening in the B1G

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big ten West is stinking it up against the Big Ten East 1-4

Maryland beat Minnesota
Penn State beat Iowa
Michigan State beat Iowa
Michigan beat Purdue

But wait, the lone win, by Big Ten West Leader, the Nebraska Cornhuskers, defeated the might Rutgers Scarlet Knights.

You just know the Wisconsin Groundhogs are shaking in their boots.

fa12e8d4ce08bbe43bd8661b0f87651b.jpg

WTF?

msdgAJ7tCX8

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My B1G Power Rankings after Week 5

1. Penn State (4-0, 1-0) - Last Week: 1 -In the first 10 minutes of the game, the Nittany Lions got a 21-0 lead on the Hoosiers. They have outscored their opponents 207-47.

2. Wisconsin (4-0, 1-0)- Last Week: 3 -Even with a near rally by Northwestern, no team has been as dominant in the 2nd half as Wisconsin. The Badgers have outscored their opponents 98-14.

3. Ohio State (3-1, 1-0) - Last Week: 4 - The Buckeyes have outscored their opponents 228-65. They have outscored their B1G opponents 105-21. If you take out their 31-16 loss to Oklahoma, they outscored the teams they beat 212-34.

4. Michigan (4-0, 1-0)- Last Week: 2 - The Wolverines drops two spots on their week off as Wisconsin looked good vs NW and Ohio State dominates Rutgers. Michigan has held all their opponents under 20 points. They have outscored their opponents 126-54. It took them until the 4th quarter before they ran away from Purdue.

5. Michigan State (3-1, 1-0) - Last Week: 7 -Turnovers were very costly to the Spartans against Notre Dame. Turnovers were in their favor today against Iowa in their B1G opener.

6. Maryland (3-1, 1-0) - Last Week: 10 -The Terps are down to their 3rd string QB, but that is not letting them stop them from winning. In their B1G opener, they travel to Minnesota and put up 24 points on the Gopher's defense.

7. Iowa (3-2, 0-2) - Last Week: 5 -The Hawkeyes start thier conference season 0-2. But the teams they lost to have a combined 7-1 record. Iowa's defense is quite strong, but is not given much rest. The offense has really struggled this season, especially in the 1st half.

8. Purdue (2-2, 0-1)- Last Week: 9 -Even though Michigan ran away with the game in the 4th quarter, Purdue has looked good in all of their games. Their two wins were against quality opponents (especially for Purdue standards). But their wins are not against quality opponents.

9. Nebraska (3-2, 2-0) - Last Week: 12 - The Huskers have won their two B1G games by a combined score 55-23, but they are against Rutgers and Illinois. Those follow two losses, one coming from Northern Illinois. They face a true test next week as Wisconsin comes to Memorial Stadium.

10. Minnesota (3-1, 0-1) - Last Week: 6 -Heading into the Gopher's B1G season opener, they have outscored their opponents 99-24. Maryland scored 31 points against them today in Minnesota. The game was tied 17-17 heading into the 4th but the Terps outscored them 14-7 in the final period.

11. Indiana (2-2, 0-2) - Last Week: 8 -The Hoosiers have been outscored 94-35 vs their B1G opponents. However, their two B1G opponents are Ohio State and Penn State. They hung with the Buckeyes for most of the game, but the Nittany Lions had a 21-0 lead in the 1st ten minutes.

12. Northwestern (2-2, 0-1)- Last Week: 11 -The Wildcats turned their game at Camp Randall into a game in the 4th quarter. They turned a 31-10 deficit into a 31-24 score with the ball and around a minute to score.

13. Illinois (2-2, 0-1) - Last Week: 13 - In Illinois' last two games, they have been outscored 75-29. They also beat WKU by 13 and Ball State by 3.

14. Rutgers (1-4, 0-2) - Last Week: 14 - The Scarlet Knights have yet to beat a FBS opponent. They have been outscored 129-44 vs FBS opponents and 83-17 vs B1G opponents.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO Iowa literally looks as bad if not worse than Nebraska... currently nebraska is 2-0 in the B1G by that virtue alone should be ahead of Iowa until next week (when we fall flat)

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With my prognostication hat on, whatever you Wisconsin fans think you will win by, double it.

I will avatar bet any Wisconsin fan, I want 48 points though.

Stuff I already posted on Husker Forums

----------------------------------------

Wisconsin has played a cupcake schedule. Their opponents are 8-11. They beat a horrid BYU team and one of their opponents beat that same BYU team. Wisconsin beat Lane Kiffin, shocker.

If the Nebraska O Line plays their best game of the year there is a chance. If Tanner Lee has time, the Wisconsin pass defense is highly suspect. Northwestern was able to pass on them a lot.

Wisconsin
4. Total Defense 247 ypg
4. Rushing Defense 74.3 ypg
4. Sacks 4 per game
8. Scoring Defense 13.8 ppg
12. Tackles for loss 8.3 per game
23. Passing Yards Allowed 172.8 ypg
29. Red Zone Defense 0.750

Who do I think wins? Wisconsin.
Since I am relying on Mike Cavanaugh, my hopes are crushed.

----------------------------------------

My outlook is worse.

Wisconsin shows no mercy. Our statue QB becomes a corpse.

Our Cavanaugh coached O line is going to look pretty silly. Tanner Lee could get hurt.
Our rush game will be more than Northwestern's, but under 100 yards.
I am expecting to see Wisconsin just line up and run straight up the middle then bring out the Achilles Heal, and Jet Sweep baby with Jazz Peavy.
Hornibrook goes 19 for 32 in passing and manages 280 yards. No INTs.
John Taylor goes for 164 yards rushing.
Fumigala(sp) goes for over 100 yards receiving.
Nebraska gets no sacks.
Nebraska gets no TFLs.

Although the last two Wisconsin/Nebraska games have been close, this time, Wisconsin wins by 20+. Mike Riley is 0-2 against Wisconsin.

Nebraska will be wondering what happened, then Ohio State comes to town, and the whole world comes crashing down.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO Iowa literally looks as bad if not worse than Nebraska... currently nebraska is 2-0 in the B1G by that virtue alone should be ahead of Iowa until next week (when we fall flat)
You played the two worst teams in the B1G and you were struggling in the first half against Rutgers. And you narrowly escaped with the win against Arkansas State.

Iowa damn near won against arguably the best team in the B1G and whatever the hell Michigan State is this year. I agree Iowa has no quality wins but because one team is 2-0 in conference does not automatically make them better than a team that is 0-2.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put Nebraska 12th ahead of Rutgers and Illinois.
They've done nothing to show they're any better than Minnesota, Indiana, or Northwestern.
They are poorly coached, weak up front, and mistake ridden in every facet of the game. They have no good wins and lost to a MAC team. Their coach is a nice guy though. All of his coaching peers like and praise him,

because they can count on a win against him.

gandog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers needs to gtfo the B1G
All I can say is I never could understand:
A: Why they even wanted to be in the Big Ten
B: Why the Big Ten wanted them

Nebraska, I totally understand, more high profile games, huge fan base, never a bad team, yeah they can bring stuff to the table.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I can say is I never could understand:
A: Why they even wanted to be in the Big Ten
B: Why the Big Ten wanted them

Nebraska, I totally understand, more high profile games, huge fan base, never a bad team, yeah they can bring stuff to the table.
As to B, NY/NJ TV's becoming in market and doubles their revenue.