• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and all Buckeye fans can't wait. Built in excuses? What the fuck are you talking about? He's declined every year since 2014, and he clearly isn't the same player he once was. Why the is, I'm not sure. However, these aren't excuses; he simply isn't that good of a QB anymore.

I'm not sure what your points are here or what you're getting at. It's very clear that we game-planned like shit against OU and it cost us. We were gauging them with our RBs and then we abandoned that in the second half for the most part. We relied on JT's arm, which clearly isn't going to cut it. We have plenty of WR talent. Urban knows how to recruit and coach WRs - he's put more WRs in the NFL over the last 3 years than any coach in CFB and even before this season, many NFL scouts were saying Parris Campbell had a real shot at going first round, which is still not out of the question.

Also, what does playing zone have to do with overthrowing a wide open WR? He had 5 ft of separation between him and the DB in front of him. It was just a shit throw.

Built in excuses. Last year it was OC's fault for the offense. This year with a new OC, it is Barrett's fault for the offense. There is always some excuse, instead of just saying, we haven't been able to find the right athletes for our offense.

ATF -- come on. I'm guessing you have played football. On the play you posted, you can see the safety let the WR run to the corner, because OU had a CB in coverage underneath. With the end zone back line becoming an extra defender, that is an extremely difficult throw for a QB to make. The reason -- you have to get it over the CB with enough velocity so the defense can't make a play.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan still hasn't won anything of substance. Not a fucking thing.
Not even so much as a Division title. Nada.
They are irrelevant.

This ^^^^^ from a Nebraska fan?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are. The enemy of my enemy is my friend?
I would expect them to hate us. We have ruined their chance to compete for a national title three times since the BCS began.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, Ohio State hates Michigan more.
That definitely would not be contested by me. But it's like USA dislikes Russia and North Korea, I wouldn't expect Russia to be cool with North Korea.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That definitely would not be contested by me. But it's like USA dislikes Russia and North Korea, I wouldn't expect Russia to be cool with North Korea.

No? But, of course, Russia will sell weaponry to North Korea. Again, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys better hope Emory Jones pans out. Tate Martell is trash.
LOL, skipping a few guys. Haskins and Burrow have looked impressive every chance they've had, and there's also literally nothing saying Martell is trash. I'd take him over any QB on your roster, that's for sure.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually only recruited one true WR at his time in Ohio State to be drafted and that's Noah Brown(7th round). The jury is still out on some of the 2014 guys, but it's their 4th year out of high school, odds are they aren't going to improve much beyond what they already are, which isn't a highly touted prospect. And none of the 2015 guys are anything to get to excited about as prospects at the next level either.
Mike Thomas never played a snap for any coach not named Urban Meyer, so he counts. Samuel was also recruited as a WR/ATH and played WR in college and was drafted as a WR by Carolina, though he was active in the running game. Parris Campbell has looked great so far this year and was being rated very highly (1st-2nd round) by several different outlets going into the year, and looks very explosive. He's also had Brown, Devin Smith, Jalin Marshall, and Evan Spencer wind up in the pros, and these guys played either all of or every year by 1 under Urban. He also turned Braxton from a QB into a 3rd rd WR. That's an impressive track record just over the last 3 years.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This ^^^^^ from a Nebraska fan?

I'm not the one doing the bloviating.

It's you chumps telling everyone about how great hairbaul and meechicken is. You might want to hold that until you at least win a fucking division.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Built in excuses. Last year it was OC's fault for the offense. This year with a new OC, it is Barrett's fault for the offense. There is always some excuse, instead of just saying, we haven't been able to find the right athletes for our offense.

ATF -- come on. I'm guessing you have played football. On the play you posted, you can see the safety let the WR run to the corner, because OU had a CB in coverage underneath. With the end zone back line becoming an extra defender, that is an extremely difficult throw for a QB to make. The reason -- you have to get it over the CB with enough velocity so the defense can't make a play.
Tim Beck was an awful OC, and Barrett also played like shit. I don't think any OSU fan is going to say Barrett played well last year, but the thought was if anyone can help him get back to 2014 form, it would be Wilson. Clearly that doesn't seem to be happening yet, but we're only 4 games in. I guess we'll see what happens, but it looks like Barrett is just a lost cause.

That play is a textbook corner fade, dude. Any QB worth their salt makes that throw from where JT threw it. It was a piss poor throw. Look at all the area he had to throw that in the back corner. Seriously, that is a throw that any decent 5th year QB should be able to make.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Thomas never played a snap for any coach not named Urban Meyer, so he counts. Samuel was also recruited as a WR/ATH and played WR in college and was drafted as a WR by Carolina, though he was active in the running game. Parris Campbell has looked great so far this year and was being rated very highly (1st-2nd round) by several different outlets going into the year, and looks very explosive. He's also had Brown, Devin Smith, Jalin Marshall, and Evan Spencer wind up in the pros, and these guys played either all of or every year by 1 under Urban. He also turned Braxton from a QB into a 3rd rd WR. That's an impressive track record just over the last 3 years.

He didn't recruit Thomas, Smith, Spencer or Miller. Jalin Marshall was the #4 WR in his class, turning that into him going undrafted doesn't exactly help Meyer's cause much. So far out of the guys he's recruited to Ohio State, he really hasn't had much success with WR. His best "WR" he's recruited, Curtis Samuel is hardly your typical WR. And much like Samuel, Miller was also in that same ilk. And even at that point he was drafted based on potential because he certainly didn't have the production. We'll see what happens with the guys on the current roster that are upperclassmen, but Campbell is really the only one that might get drafted.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting in this thread has really gotten me to dislike a certain team.
Because Michigan are nobody hasbeens and think they are now somebodies even though they havent accomplished jack squat under their new messiah. Even Bo had us in a CCG in the B1G (no we didnt win but we at least won our division)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim Beck was an awful OC, and Barrett also played like shit. I don't think any OSU fan is going to say Barrett played well last year, but the thought was if anyone can help him get back to 2014 form, it would be Wilson. Clearly that doesn't seem to be happening yet, but we're only 4 games in. I guess we'll see what happens, but it looks like Barrett is just a lost cause.

That play is a textbook corner fade, dude. Any QB worth their salt makes that throw from where JT threw it. It was a piss poor throw. Look at all the area he had to throw that in the back corner. Seriously, that is a throw that any decent 5th year QB should be able to make.

I'm just saying -- at some point you have to look at personnel when it is happening with two different OC's and a new group of WR's each year. Urban Meyer isn't putting Barrett out there just because. He is your best option. Same with UM fans calling for O'Korn. If O'Korn is UM's QB when we play OSU, we will get hammered.

And that throw isn't easy, you have to place it over the CB and inside the end line. It is why you see OU in zone. It makes any touch throw difficult and you can use the end line as an extra defender

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are. The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Well I've never had an issue w/ Michigan State. And I'm a fan of coach Dantonio because he was on Ohio State's coaching staff when they won it all in '02.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all @TrustMeIamRight and @NU_FTW started all this shit in this thread, then others started to talk shit about how Michigan is still trash and irrelevant. So of course I am going to counter argue that shit. What the fuck does today's teams have to do with that argument, and why even bring up the 90s in this thread in the first place.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all @TrustMeIamRight and @NU_FTW started all this shit in this thread, then others started to talk shit about how Michigan is still trash and irrelevant. So of course I am going to counter argue that shit. What the fuck does today's teams have to do with that argument, and why even bring up the 90s in this thread in the first place.

My hate for Michigan is bone deep. 70s, 80s, 90s 00s, 10s make no difference. But still.