• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had 4 losses the last two years, I'd agree. Pelini lost at least 4 every year he coached. And in case Nebraska has been left in the dark, UM has been irrelevant for the better part of a decade. We've literally had losing seasons.

You see UM and Nebraska both hired their coaches the same year. Mike Riley inherited a 9-4 team and let them to a 17-13 record in 2+ years
UM hired Harbaugh and he inherited a 5-7 team and led them to a 24-6 record on the last 2+ years.

In the first two years -- UM finished 10th and 12th nationally. The last time Nebraska has finished a season ranked that high, we had just got over the Y2K scare.

This is why I've said REPEATEDLY -- worry about now. No one cares about the 90's.
Harbaugh inherited two top ten upper classes. Without looking it up, I'm going to guess that Riley inherited no top ten classes.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had 4 losses the last two years, I'd agree. Pelini lost at least 4 every year he coached. And in case Nebraska has been left in the dark, UM has been irrelevant for the better part of a decade. We've literally had losing seasons.

You see UM and Nebraska both hired their coaches the same year. Mike Riley inherited a 9-4 team and let them to a 17-13 record in 2+ years
UM hired Harbaugh and he inherited a 5-7 team and led them to a 24-6 record on the last 2+ years.

In the first two years -- UM finished 10th and 12th nationally. The last time Nebraska has finished a season ranked that high, we had just got over the Y2K scare.

This is why I've said REPEATEDLY -- worry about now. No one cares about the 90's.

Michigan still hasn't won anything of substance. Not a fucking thing.
Not even so much as a Division title. Nada.
They are irrelevant.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not on the WRs. At least not the overwhelming majority of it. From Tim Bielik of Cleveland.com, sports writer:

Need more examples? Here ya go:
3rd and 7 and OSU was moving the ball down 17-13.
screen-shot-2017-09-11-at-14925-ampng-26c0558c9b1231f1.png

He hits Dixon on a simple crossing pattern and it's easily a 1st and in looking at where the defenders are, a very likely TD. Instead this ends up in a turnover on downs on the next play, which was another bad Barrett pass.

Here's another missed TD on a bad throw from Barrett to a wide open WR. We had to settle for another FG:
giphy.gif

Our WRs have been able to get separation for the last two years. I've watched more than enough to be able to see Barrett just can't consistently hit open guys on most routes that aren't either wide open or </= 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Do you honestly think that with this many 4-5* WRs on the roster, not a single one can get separation? Or do you think maybe it's the one common denominator for the last two years. Even if they can't get completely wide open on every single play, that doesn't mean he can't throw them open, which is what a good QB does.

Also, your Usain Bolt reference is remarkably stupid. The reasons he isn't in the NFL number far greater than supposedly not being able to separate (which you don't even know).

I can't wait til Barrett is gone and the built in excuse goes with it. Also, the first play you posted is unbelievably bad play calling. You have two guys separated by two yards on the routes. IF he threw the ball to the deeper route the guy standing in front of him would have been in the way. And the reason he didn't loft it over, im guessing in the part cut off, OU has a safety just off the screen, probably two, as only 8 OU defenders are seen.

Last year you said, wait til 'insert WR name' starts playing. There will be no drop off. This year it was, wait til, 'insert WR name' starts playing, he was their best last year, but we didn't play him. Now that we IU's OC and the terrible OC is gone, we will unleash the offense.

It has been the exact same thing, just a different year. You will pile up stats on lesser talented teams, but struggle against a team who can put talent on the field to defend you.

Lastly, the play on the bottom is normal -- watch the video and you will see the OU player sitting underneath the throw. OU was playing zone. It is when teams play man coverage where OSU has struggled to get open.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh inherited two top ten upper classes. Without looking it up, I'm going to guess that Riley inherited no top ten classes.

Inherited top 10 classes and accomplished nothing. Nada.
Bo Pelini could win 10 games a year, but like the case with Harbaugh they were seasons of zero substance.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait til Barrett is gone and the built in excuse goes with it. Also, the first play you posted is unbelievably bad play calling. You have two guys separated by two yards on the routes. IF he threw the ball to the deeper route the guy standing in front of him would have been in the way. And the reason he didn't loft it over, im guessing in the part cut off, OU has a safety just off the screen, probably two, as only 8 OU defenders are seen.

Last year you said, wait til 'insert WR name' starts playing. There will be no drop off. This year it was, wait til, 'insert WR name' starts playing, he was their best last year, but we didn't play him. Now that we IU's OC and the terrible OC is gone, we will unleash the offense.

It has been the exact same thing, just a different year. You will pile up stats on lesser talented teams, but struggle against a team who can put talent on the field to defend you.

Lastly, the play on the bottom is normal -- watch the video and you will see the OU player sitting underneath the throw. OU was playing zone. It is when teams play man coverage where OSU has struggled to get open.
You and all Buckeye fans can't wait. Built in excuses? What the fuck are you talking about? He's declined every year since 2014, and he clearly isn't the same player he once was. Why the is, I'm not sure. However, these aren't excuses; he simply isn't that good of a QB anymore.

I'm not sure what your points are here or what you're getting at. It's very clear that we game-planned like shit against OU and it cost us. We were gauging them with our RBs and then we abandoned that in the second half for the most part. We relied on JT's arm, which clearly isn't going to cut it. We have plenty of WR talent. Urban knows how to recruit and coach WRs - he's put more WRs in the NFL over the last 3 years than any coach in CFB and even before this season, many NFL scouts were saying Parris Campbell had a real shot at going first round, which is still not out of the question.

Also, what does playing zone have to do with overthrowing a wide open WR? He had 5 ft of separation between him and the DB in front of him. It was just a shit throw.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that we IU's OC and the terrible OC is gone, we will unleash the offense.

It has been the exact same thing, just a different year.
Can't argue with that. It's been disappointing, although I do stand by Beck being a terrible OC. I think Wilson is good but not running what he necessarily wants to.

The questions becomes: is it the QB play, no WR deep threats, or Urban being to stubborn.
I'll tell you what, we never run the counters and jet sweeps that were crucial to that 2014 run. Haven't since Herman left :noidea:

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and all Buckeye fans can't wait. Built in excuses? What the fuck are you talking about? He's declined every year since 2014, and he clearly isn't the same player he once was. Why the is, I'm not sure. However, these aren't excuses; he simply isn't that good of a QB anymore.

I'm not sure what your points are here or what you're getting at. It's very clear that we game-planned like shit against OU and it cost us. We were gauging them with our RBs and then we abandoned that in the second half for the most part. We relied on JT's arm, which clearly isn't going to cut it. We have plenty of WR talent. Urban knows how to recruit and coach WRs - he's put more WRs in the NFL over the last 3 years than any coach in CFB and even before this season, many NFL scouts were saying Parris Campbell had a real shot at going first round, which is still not out of the question.

Also, what does playing zone have to do with overthrowing a wide open WR? He had 5 ft of separation between him and the DB in front of him. It was just a shit throw.
You guys better hope Emory Jones pans out. Tate Martell is trash.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inherited top 10 classes and accomplished nothing. Nada.
Bo Pelini could win 10 games a year, but like the case with Harbaugh they were seasons of zero substance.
24-6 is much better than I envisioned under the first two years of Harbuagh. Is it our fault that the BIG East might be the best division in college football and yours is garbage, yet you can't do shit in that division?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24-6 is much better than I envisioned under the first two years of Harbuagh. Is it our fault that the BIG East might be the best division in college football and yours is garbage, yet you can't do shit in that division?

There's that "might". LOL

Nothing of subtance. NADA

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's that "might". LOL

Nothing of subtance. NADA
It's the best division in college football. Especially this year. The west is weak and the reason Wisconsin could easily go unbeaten until the B1G championship game.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol no you don't. But whatever.
Are you hiding outside my window checking to see what I am watching? Wouldn't surprise me with how obsessed you are. Just like you didn't post on these boards before Harbaugh showed up, I'm not posting on the NFL boards.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you hiding outside my window checking to see what I am watching? Wouldn't surprise me with how obsessed you are. Just like you didn't post on these boards before Harbaugh showed up, I'm not posting on the NFL boards.
You should just go back to RCMB.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's actually only recruited one true WR at his time in Ohio State to be drafted and that's Noah Brown(7th round). The jury is still out on some of the 2014 guys, but it's their 4th year out of high school, odds are they aren't going to improve much beyond what they already are, which isn't a highly touted prospect. And none of the 2015 guys are anything to get to excited about as prospects at the next level either.

umichgradfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come Harbaugh didn't talk about Iowa's visitor's locker room? I think it is like it was when he played there too.

There's a difference between painting a locker room pink and not providing basic needs, cleanliness, privacy, and safety. That was Harbaugh's complaint.