• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't see anyway Iowa goes 5-7 unless they suffer a ton of injuries Iowa has what is likely a top 10 national defense , 2 1st/2nd round type draft picks on the OL and a 1st/2nd round QB to go along with a very solid running back corps and what should be an improved WR group .

Sure there are games that will be toss ups but teams really don't lose ALL those types of games. My floor would probably be 7-5 given relative health. Iowa may legitimately have 4 first round draft picks on the field this year . Teams with that kind of talent usually win 9+

Nate Stanley vs Michigan
8 rushes -65 yards, it is a stat, but he was SACKED 8 times those two first round OL must have had an off day

23/42, 260 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTS

As usual, Stanley cannot mount a 4th quarter comeback and can't win Iowa a game. But, he might have lost that one with the 3 INTs.

Iowa defense played well enough to win, but Michigan's defense played better.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is illinois State Champs!! Beat Northern Illinois, Illinois, and Northwestern.

Nebraska might have reached their plateau with 4 wins.

Nebraska will lose to Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Think beat downs.

Maryland can score a lot of points on bad teams, Nebraska is not a good team.

Maybes are indiana and Purdue.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whisky Ohio showdown gonna be good

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is illinois State Champs!! Beat Northern Illinois, Illinois, and Northwestern.

Nebraska might have reached their plateau with 4 wins.

Nebraska will lose to Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Think beat downs.

Maryland can score a lot of points on bad teams, Nebraska is not a good team.

Maybes are indiana and Purdue.
I think they're beating Minnesota. That's got to be the weakest 5-0 team I've ever seen.

Maryland can score a lot of points and they can also look like crap. I think that game could actually be entertaining.

Wisconsin is a loss, Iowa is probably a loss. Honestly, I'd be more worried about Indiana than Minnesota or Maryland.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they're beating Minnesota. That's got to be the weakest 5-0 team I've ever seen.

Maryland can score a lot of points and they can also look like crap. I think that game could actually be entertaining.

Wisconsin is a loss, Iowa is probably a loss. Honestly, I'd be more worried about Indiana than Minnesota or Maryland.

I tend to mostly agree with you.
Nebraska's starting QB and main WR are questionable for Minnesota. Adrian Martinez has been having an awful year anyway, so that may not matter much. His back-up (Vedral) has more experience in the offense and is more decisive. I think Nebraska gets out of Minnie by a squeaker. If I had a gun to my head, I'd certainly take Nebraska (+7).

Nebraska gets a bye after that so a couple weeks to get healthy before hosting Indiana on Oct 26th.
Nebraska's defense has been playing just good enough to keep the team in their games (not named tOSU).

Nebraska (4-2) has already reached it's win totals for 2017 and 2018.
At this point last season they were (0-6). They finished (4-2). I think they can match that (4-2) and possibly finish as good as (5-1). It won't be pretty though.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clemson - 35

Remaining...

Florida St
Louisville
Boston College
Wofford
NC State
Wake Forest
South Carolina

giphy.gif

Meanwhile, Penn St is sitting at 86 with Michigan, Iowa, Michigan St, Minnesota, and Ohio St left on their schedule.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, yes, keep doubting MN

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 445.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Iowa, please burn those fucking uniforms. In fact, burn that game tape so I never have to see that nonsense again...you're not Oregon (thank god) and don't need to use gimmicks like that.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ran into this over at Eleven Warriors:

"The Big Ten football conference has 4 teams that are undefeated through 7 weeks of the 2019 schedule. This hasn't happened since 1904."

I didn't fact-check it, but that is pretty cool.(also a function of lucky schedule)

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Analyst: "If Wisconsin Wore Ohio State Or Alabama's Jerseys, They'd Be Ranked Top 3"

“If Wisconsin Wore Ohio State Or Alabama’s Jerseys, They’d Be Ranked Top 3”

Wisconsin has been one of the most impressive teams in the country this season. A 6-0 record backs that up. Not to mention the Badgers have shut out four of their opponents this season.

All-in-all, Wisconsin has given up a total of 29 points through six games. Yes, you read that right.

Despite a dominant start to the season which includes blowout wins over Michigan and Michigan State, the Badgers haven’t cracked the top five yet. Wisconsin is currently No. 6 in the latest edition of the AP Top 25.

What’s with the Wisconsin disrespect? One ESPN analyst is fed up with how national experts are ranking the Badgers.

The frustration is understood. Though, Ohio State deserves its ranking due to its resume. But the Crimson Tide haven’t exactly beaten anyone noteworthy.

Even a team like Clemson doesn’t have half the resume Wisconsin does. The Tigers also nearly lost to North Carolina a few weeks ago.

Teams haven’t even come close to beating the Badgers. But make no doubt about it — if Wisconsin keeps winning, the team has nothing to worry about.

The College Football Playoff committee would never keep out an undefeated Big Ten champion. If the Badgers are able to win out, they should get the respect they deserve.

As for now, all Wisconsin can do is worry about what’s next — Saturday’s game vs. Illinois.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Analyst: "If Wisconsin Wore Ohio State Or Alabama's Jerseys, They'd Be Ranked Top 3"

Wisconsin has been one of the most impressive teams in the country this season. A 6-0 record backs that up. Not to mention the Badgers have shut out four of their opponents this season.

All-in-all, Wisconsin has given up a total of 29 points through six games. Yes, you read that right.

Despite a dominant start to the season which includes blowout wins over Michigan and Michigan State, the Badgers haven’t cracked the top five yet. Wisconsin is currently No. 6 in the latest edition of the AP Top 25.

What’s with the Wisconsin disrespect? One ESPN analyst is fed up with how national experts are ranking the Badgers.

The frustration is understood. Though, Ohio State deserves its ranking due to its resume. But the Crimson Tide haven’t exactly beaten anyone noteworthy.

Even a team like Clemson doesn’t have half the resume Wisconsin does. The Tigers also nearly lost to North Carolina a few weeks ago.

Teams haven’t even come close to beating the Badgers. But make no doubt about it — if Wisconsin keeps winning, the team has nothing to worry about.

The College Football Playoff committee would never keep out an undefeated Big Ten champion. If the Badgers are able to win out, they should get the respect they deserve.

As for now, all Wisconsin can do is worry about what’s next — Saturday’s game vs. Illinois.
Let’s be honest, Wisconsin may have one quality win this season so far and it’s questionable on how good Michigan actually is.

USF is trash
CMU is hot garbage
Michigan benefit of the doubt for good team
Northwestern has already gave up on the season and Wisconsin snuck out with a win
Kent State is bad
Michigan State, is it basketball season yet?

Can we stop pretending that they have had some quality schedule?

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not just the jersey...they don't have the benefit of doubt due to their recruiting. Those other teams have more athleticism/talent on the roster, so they are getting the nod. It doesn't mean they are a better team or would win against Wisconsin, but that's just how it is.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s be honest, Wisconsin may have one quality win this season so far and it’s questionable on how good Michigan actually is.

USF is trash
CMU is hot garbage
Michigan benefit of the doubt for good team
Northwestern has already gave up on the season and Wisconsin snuck out with a win
Kent State is bad
Michigan State, is it basketball season yet?

Can we stop pretending that they have had some quality schedule?

Nobody said it was a quality schedule. It is what Wisconsin has done with that schedule.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said it was a quality schedule. It is what Wisconsin has done with that schedule.
So then you support UCF’s 2017 national title as being legitimate?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then you support UCF’s 2017 national title as being legitimate?

National Titles are decided by an Invitational Tournament, not rankings. The question remains, has Alabama and Clemson done as much with their schedule as Wisconsin has with theirs. It's all subjective.

It's not just the jersey...they don't have the benefit of doubt due to their recruiting. Those other teams have more athleticism/talent on the roster, so they are getting the nod. It doesn't mean they are a better team or would win against Wisconsin, but that's just how it is.

Rankings based on how a kid grades out in high school? Sure, that's legit.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
National Titles are decided by an Invitational Tournament, not rankings. The question remains, has Alabama and Clemson done as much with their schedule as Wisconsin has with theirs. It's all subjective.

Rankings based on how a kid grades out in high school? Sure, that's legit.
When you have a lot of undefeated teams, early in the season, yeah.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this being said, it really doesn't matter. The only game that counts is the next one.