• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and I would think if Wi goes 12-0, they'll be in the championship game

If they lose to tOHSU in regular season, but win Champ game, that is where it could potentially get interesting

The only way Ohio State should be considered and not Wisconsin in that scenario would be if a major player (Fields, Dobbins, Young) was injured for the game. Even then, I think it would have to be close

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is illinois State Champs!! Beat Northern Illinois, Illinois, and Northwestern.

Nebraska might have reached their plateau with 4 wins.

Nebraska will lose to Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Think beat downs.

Maryland can score a lot of points on bad teams, Nebraska is not a good team.

Maybes are indiana and Purdue.

I would consider the Minnesota game a beat down. 34-0 start of the fourth quarter. 3rd down and long, Minnesota ran it for first downs.

Wisconsin is a name your victory margin by Wisconsin and a possible shutout.

Next up is B.Y.E., Nebraska has never lost to B.Y.E. But the way it looks, Nebraska just might lose to B.Y.E. this year.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we kick Rutger out yet?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would consider the Minnesota game a beat down. 34-0 start of the fourth quarter. 3rd down and long, Minnesota ran it for first downs.

Next up is B.Y.E., Nebraska has never lost to B.Y.E. But the way it looks, Nebraska just might lose to B.Y.E. this year.

They have to play B.Y.E. twice in the next 4 weeks. Could get ugly.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todd McShay: Ohio State defense better than Wisconsin

Todd McShay: Ohio State defense better than Wisconsin

The Wisconsin Badgers rank No. 1 in total defense through the first half of the season and have four shutouts already this season. Opponents average an astonishing 173.7 yards and 4.8 points per game.

ESPN analyst Todd McShay, however, does not view the Badgers as the best defense in college football at the midway point of the season. In fact, speaking on College Football Live, he said Wisconsin is not even the best defense in the Big Ten.

“If I had to trust one defense in a game head to head, I’m going with Ohio State,” McShay said. “We’ve got better players, bud. We might not outscheme you but we’re going to outspeed you. We’re big up front. We’re doing a great job on the inside. Chase Young, we’ve talked about it every single week. He’s the best defensive player in the country. Jeff Okudah at the cornerback position, the whole secondary is playing better than they have before. Greg Mattison has been a huge upgrade in terms of the front and teaching going from Michigan to Ohio State, traitor from the guys in Ann Arbor. I’m going Ohio State even though I agree so far that the stats and numbers are with Wisconsin.

The Buckeyes, also undefeated, certainly have an argument. Ohio State ranks second nationally in total defense right behind Wisconsin. Opponents average 234 yards 8.8 points per game against a defense led by Mattison and Jeff Hafley.

The good news? Ohio State and Wisconsin settle things on the field very soon. The Badgers and Buckeyes are on a collision course Oct. 26 in Columbus for one of the biggest regular-season battles in college football.

Before that, however, Ohio State faces Northwestern Friday night in a rematch of the Big Ten Championship Game.

“They're not going to certainly give up a lot of big plays a lot but they make you earn it and it's not easy to do,” coach Ryan Day said. “So you have to pick your spots and be smart but you also have to run the ball and you can't be you know, over-aggressive. You've gotta understand the plan to win. But they held Wisconsin under 300 yards and I don't think they've given up more 400 yards all year. So again, it's very typical of past defenses.

Wisconsin faces Illinois Saturday in the final game before Ohio State. That comes fresh off a shutout of Michigan State.

“I think they certainly have been doing a good job during the week of preparing and kind of knowing what's coming and getting ready to go,” Paul Chryst said. “You know, you never take it for granted, but this group likes playing, so when you get an opportunity to play, they're going to be ready. You appreciate it, right, because it's not easy.”

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read they are looking to spend 4mil on head coach and 5mil on staff

If Rutgers puts in the money and is able to get any sort of recruiting going they could be good. Jersey usually puts out some quality high school players.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a Brigham Young East? Maybe an LDS enclave in Maryland or Connecticut.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy the ride

It's fun, still not sure where it'll end up, Wi is by no means out and MN throughout my lifetime always finds a way to lose a game they shouldn't and comes so close in the important games but short

But, just having fun, seasons like this don't come along often for my gophers

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantonio 11th in recruiting for 2020 in the big 10. Yes 11th

24-22 since making the playoffs

Is this man burnt out? Or does he just need to wipe that atrocious staff he has in place

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dantonio 11th in recruiting for 2020 in the big 10. Yes 11th

24-22 since making the playoffs

Is this man burnt out? Or does he just need to wipe that atrocious staff he has in place

offense is awful right now, but they've also played a really tough schedule (Arizona State, @OSU, @WISC, PSU). they've played two legit top 5 teams (OSU is arguably the best team in the country; they're also #1 and #2 in defensive scoring) and a good Wisconsin team (even if they've faltered of late).

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rutgers puts in the money and is able to get any sort of recruiting going they could be good. Jersey usually puts out some quality high school players.

They just gotta keep Penn St from pilfering them.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a fun last few games.

OSU vs PSU to decide the East and basically a round robin between Minnesota, Iowa and Wisky to settle the West

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

It's a shame we're not on the other side of the conference, we could've made a run at the conference title game.