• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE BIG 10 THREAD

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I probably am hyping it up, we do have a winning record all time against Nebraska and have the longest winning streak in the series @ 7 games. Own the Huskers back in the day and now. So no big deal.

Everybody was beating Nebraska in the 40's and 50's too, so you're late to the party again.

Mike Riley beat Indiana in 2016.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody was beating Nebraska in the 40's and 50's too, so you're late to the party again.

Mike Riley beat Indiana in 2016.
Clearly it’s hard to catch Nebraska in a year when everyone isn’t beating them.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly it’s hard to catch Nebraska in a year when everyone isn’t beating them.

60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's.

Not many beating the Huskers then.

Nebraska was (4-0) against Indiana in the 70's

1975: 45-0
1976: 45-13
1977: 31-13
1978: 69-17

I imagine everybody else was beating Indiana too. Hence, you don't see Husker fans running around bloviating about it.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's.

Not many beating the Huskers then.

Nebraska was (4-0) against Indiana in the 70's

1975: 45-0
1976: 45-13
1977: 31-13
1978: 69-17

I imagine everybody else was beating Indiana too. Hence, you don't see Husker fans running around bloviating about it.

I assume so, considering IU has the most losses in CFB history. Yet your program is so far down the shitter you have to defend it against IU, dark times indeed.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when the hell did we start having two bye weeks???? I sure as hell don't ever remember that.......

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when the hell did we start having two bye weeks???? I sure as hell don't ever remember that.......

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

I think it has to do with Labor day weekend being earlier this year

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has to do with Labor day weekend being earlier this year

ok.

OSU and Iowa are both sitting idle this week and could be playing..........

We just had a bye on Oct. 12th!..........

would be great to pick up another conference game.....

anyway. it sucks........

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love it, 14 weeks of regular season college football instead of 13... I would like to see this every year.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nate Stanley Draft Analysis

The Draft Network

CONS: He has average proactive athleticism for the position. He will not extend plays with his legs. Lacks touch and his accuracy suffers when he is throwing on the move. Has shown instances of staring down his primary read and forcing the ball into coverage. Doesn’t have great ball placement on intermediate to deep throws. Doesn’t have great versatility in terms of the types of offenses that he can be utilized in. Will struggle with RPOs and anything forcing him out to the perimeter. He is not a threat to the defense as a runner.

The above was updated on October 27, 2019

2020 NFL Draft Stock Watch: Is Iowa’s Nate Stanley even draftable?

Nate Stanley was the ultimate conundrum last season for the Hawkeyes as far as an NFL Draft prospect, making him a fringe top 10 draft-eligible quarterback coming into the season. After five games this season, it’s clear he isn’t even a top 10 player at the position.

Stanley definitely plays conservative as a quarterback, which isn’t necessarily a big knock. He manages the game well for the most part on an Iowa team that plays great defense. There are even times where he will make a tough intermediate throw that gets you excited. The problem is his inconsistency. Against Michigan this past weekend, Stanley looked lost scanning the field and threw bad interceptions, one over the middle with his tight end completely covered, and another where he overshot his receiver by five yards.

CMP 159
ATT 262
CMP% 60.7
YDS 1950
AVG 7.4
TD 10
INT 5
LNG 58 yards
RTG 132.0

Good news for Nate, he still has Nebraska on his schedule to make him look like a Heisman Candidate and bona fide 1st round draft pick.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the obvious title contenders, I think Minnesota is the most interesting team in the country right now. 10 game win streak kicked off by a blowout in Madison last year. I'm increasingly convinced those close wins to start the year were the aberrations. I suspect it just took time for that huge ass OL, who should all be back next year, to gel. They've got good running backs. I think they've got some of the best WR's in the country. Morgan isn't spectacular, but he's been at least the best QB since Weber in MN. I think they've got at least 4, maybe 5 defensive guys that can play in the NFL in Winfield Jr. (currently the #1 rated safety in the nation by PFF I believe I read), Durr at CB, Coughlin at rush LB and probably one of Barber and Martin.

They aren't high end recruits, but they've got some really good players. Their strength and conditioning seems to be out of this world. I don't think Penn State can just walk in and bludgeon their offensive line like they have others.

And I could be totally wrong. Live in MN, watch most of their games, but I'm not a Gopher fan. I don't think I'm wearing shades. They just look physically powerful. Their WR's are big and run through tackles. Johnson and Bateman should both play on Sundays. Their RBs break tackles and grind out yards. Their line is massive. They've got some nice DB's and LB's. Winfield is somehow only a sophomore in eligibility, which is astounding because it already seems like he's been around forever.

I think they beat Penn State in a close one. Should be a really physical game.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the obvious title contenders, I think Minnesota is the most interesting team in the country right now. 10 game win streak kicked off by a blowout in Madison last year. I'm increasingly convinced those close wins to start the year were the aberrations. I suspect it just took time for that huge ass OL, who should all be back next year, to gel. They've got good running backs. I think they've got some of the best WR's in the country. Morgan isn't spectacular, but he's been at least the best QB since Weber in MN. I think they've got at least 4, maybe 5 defensive guys that can play in the NFL in Winfield Jr. (currently the #1 rated safety in the nation by PFF I believe I read), Durr at CB, Coughlin at rush LB and probably one of Barber and Martin.

They aren't high end recruits, but they've got some really good players. Their strength and conditioning seems to be out of this world. I don't think Penn State can just walk in and bludgeon their offensive line like they have others.

And I could be totally wrong. Live in MN, watch most of their games, but I'm not a Gopher fan. I don't think I'm wearing shades. They just look physically powerful. Their WR's are big and run through tackles. Johnson and Bateman should both play on Sundays. Their RBs break tackles and grind out yards. Their line is massive. They've got some nice DB's and LB's. Winfield is somehow only a sophomore in eligibility, which is astounding because it already seems like he's been around forever.

I think they beat Penn State in a close one. Should be a really physical game.

Penn State wins, and it is not like Minnesota is a tough place to play.

Looks like Minnesnowta has played an easy schedule 23-32 is their opponents overall record.

Minnesota opponents
Fresno State 3-4 but no ugly losses
Ga Southern 5-3 lost to LSU by 52
Purdue 2-6
Illinois 4-4 lost to crappy nebraska
Nebraska 4-4 lost to crappy Colorado, can't beat B.Y.E.
Rutgers 2-6 shutout by Iowa, Michigan, and Indiana
Maryland 3-5 lost to Penn State by 59

Now is when Minnesota finds out if they are any good. Games against Penn State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Iowa.

HuskerinBig10

Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Ten Qbs by Yards passing

Iowa Nate Stanley 1950 yards 10 TDs 5 INTS sacked 18 times
Penn State Sean Clifford 1931 yards 20 TDs 3 INTS sacked 14 times
Mich State Brian Lewerke 1761 yard 11 TDs 4 INTs sacked 12 times
Minnesota Tanner Morgan 1761 yards 18 TDs 4 INTS sacked 16 times
Ohio State Justin Fields 1659 yards 24 TDs 1 INT sacked 18 times
Michigan Shea Patterson 1622 yards 11 TDs 4 INTs sacked 14 times
Wisconsin Jack Coan 1491 yards 10 TDs 2 INTs sacked 14 times
Illinois Brandon Peters 997 yards 12 TDs 4 INTs sacked 16 times

after this you have QBs that have not played a full season either because of injuries or being benched

Purdue used 3 QBs
Nebraska used 3 QBs
Indiana used 2 QBs
Maryland used 2 QBs
Rutgers used 3 QBs
Northwestern used 2 QBs

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like Minnesnowta has played an easy schedule 23-32 is their opponents overall record.

Minnesota opponents
Purdue 2-6

Now is when Minnesota finds out if they are any good. Games against Penn State, Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Iowa.

Northwestern is awful this year. They might have the worst offense in the country. Their two quarterbacks have passer ratings under 80! They've completed less than half their passes and are under 4.5 yards per attempt. I think Minnesota's defense will handle them just fine.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minnesota opponents
Purdue 2-6

To be fair, Ga Southern just knocked off unbeaten top 25 Appy State on the road.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, Ga Southern just knocked off unbeaten top 25 Appy State on the road.

Also somewhat worth noting, and I understand it's a reach, that the SDSU team they beat is the only team to stay within a score of NDSU, which they've done twice, since SDSU beat NDSU a few years ago. It's probably the second best team in that division beside the juggernaut. And I generally consider NDSU a top 30-35 team at least.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Minnesota opponents
Purdue 2-6

True. But it's basically the same squad that figured something out and murdered Wisconsin in Madison last year, then did the same to GT in their bowl. That MN-WI game was not a competitive one. They're missing like 3 players off that depth chart and haven't lost since. The idea that they're a longshot to beat Wisconsin and Iowa this year seems really weird to me. On paper, and by record, they should just be better.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But it's basically the same squad that figured something out and murdered Wisconsin in Madison last year, then did the same to GT in their bowl. That MN-WI game was not a competitive one. They're missing like 3 players off that depth chart and haven't lost since. The idea that they're a longshot to beat Wisconsin and Iowa this year seems really weird to me. On paper, and by record, they should just be better.
It would be a pleasant surprise to see an 11-1 or 12-0 Minnesota team in the CCG.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Northwestern is awful this year. They might have the worst offense in the country. Their two quarterbacks have passer ratings under 80! They've completed less than half their passes and are under 4.5 yards per attempt. I think Minnesota's defense will handle them just fine.

NW's offense isn't that bad. Wait a minute, yes it is. Ranked 129 outta 130.

#explosive

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NW's offense isn't that bad. Wait a minute, yes it is. Ranked 129 outta 130.

#explosive
Unreal that they have a former 5* QB in there, too. I thought he was going to be a huge boost and take them over the top. Quite the opposite.