• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bengals still may need another WR next year

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Simpson is a FA, if i recall. So, technically he could leave for another team. Personally, I think he owes the Bengals tremendously for not only drafting him, but letting him sit and get pad for 3 years of doing nothing. To be honest, im not even sure he is worth that much money to retain

Benson is gone, and RB will be the biggest need I think

Also, Simpson could be going to Jail/Suspended for an entire season at any time now. Is he does go to Jail, it will be long enough that he never ever plays football again.

Should Cincy use their 2nd round pick in 2012 on a WR? Ryan Broyles may fall, but he is kinda small.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simpson drops too many passes and needs to make more plays. A guy with his talent shouldn't have failed to get his feet in bounds on that touchdown yesterday.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since they will probably not get a good rb in free agency, I believe they will use their second round pick to get the future feature RB.

Not sure what to do about Simpson, great athlete, makes good plays, but drops are a problem. At least we'll have Shipley back next year, and that is a blessing.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's the truth. Any #1/#2 starting WR in the NFL gets both down. Actually, most tight ends, RBs and FB would get both down as well.

Puzzling play.

He caught the ball with 7 feet to get both down, and was afraid of letting himself fall and hit the ground for the td. Had just just let gravity work, he would had 7

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think getting a F/A WR is probably going to be the best route to go. A solid guy who is a #2 and knows his role opposite of Green. Shipley should be back next year, and complete the slot position.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think getting a F/A WR is probably going to be the best route to go. A solid guy who is a #2 and knows his role opposite of Green. Shipley should be back next year, and complete the slot position.

This... there will be veteran WRs available, and an experienced guy as the #2 next to the super talented Green makes sense...

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Simpson and would like them to keep him as the #2...but isnt prison the bigger threat than FA? I dont see how there would be no ramifactions for having weed delivered to your house accross state lines and having what, 6lbs in the home? something I would think has to come of this..

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Simpson is a FA, if i recall. So, technically he could leave for another team. Personally, I think he owes the Bengals tremendously for not only drafting him, but letting him sit and get pad for 3 years of doing nothing. To be honest, im not even sure he is worth that much money to retain

Benson is gone, and RB will be the biggest need I think

Also, Simpson could be going to Jail/Suspended for an entire season at any time now. Is he does go to Jail, it will be long enough that he never ever plays football again.

Should Cincy use their 2nd round pick in 2012 on a WR? Ryan Broyles may fall, but he is kinda small.

I'm pulling for OG, RB and CB with the first three picks...If Oak keeps losing we're going to get a stud at the top of the draft...Maybe Trent Richardson?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Chad Ochocinco might be available.

:behindsofa:

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Perhaps we could ask a certain N. Cali Qb who the Bengals should bring in. If I recall, Lav Coles might be out there.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
here are a few UNRESTRICTED Wrs that are on the market in 2012

DeSean Jackson
Early Doucet
Piere Garcon
Dwayne Bowe
Reggie Wayne
marques Colston

Dream World: Bowe, Colston and Jackson. The others are possible. The Bengals do have some decent Cap room

How about a starting Offesne with

Green
Gresham
Richardson
Dalton
Bowe

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with most of that list...they are all going to want to be #1. Even Wayne is still going to put up good numbers in a good offensive system.

The Bengals are going to need a guy who comes in and understands that he'll be the #2 option right off the bat...I don't know that I see most of those guys accepting that role.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The problem with most of that list...they are all going to want to be #1. Even Wayne is still going to put up good numbers in a good offensive system.

The Bengals are going to need a guy who comes in and understands that he'll be the #2 option right off the bat...I don't know that I see most of those guys accepting that role.

no doubt...that's what is great about this team and particularly Green, the lack of that 'me 1st' mentality. Honeslty, I like the dynamic with Green and Simpson. Simpson will just continue to get better if he stays out of prison. plus, I like how physical simpson is in the run game and he's a deep threat. I'm for keeping those 2 together plus we'll get shipley back. I do think though that they should look at a WR maybe in the 4th that would also compliment Green.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why the hell ddi they let Dezmon Briscoe just walk to another team?

That guy is 22 years old and would be a great WR on this team to grow

Didnt they draft him, the PS him, then he got claimed by TB? Stupid ass move

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Simpson was going to get charged he would have already been charged..... AGain what NFL players have weed shipped across state lines to a HOUSE HE OWNS but doesnt get arrested?????

PEOPLE! Jerome Simpson WILL NOT BE CHARGED!!!!!!!! The NFL the CIncy Bengals and police have questioned this kid 1,000,000 DIFFERENT WAYS!

I will say it again...Whether Jerome returns or leaves is 1 thing...BUT I DO NOT think he will be charged...... His bro lived in the house and is/was the main person living there...The girl is from Cali who signed for it...SHe has something to do with this....Jerome has told them everything he knows....and if he failed a test he sat out for that failure and is now in the NFL drug testing program...BUT WE WONT KNOW because that is is private info....What I do know...is that an NFL guy would not be out THIS LONG if he was guilty.... it didnt happen to Travis Henry it didnt happen to Nate Newton and many others...COPS, FEDS, SS, Sheriffs, DEA, ATF WILL LOCK A SMUCKIN NFL player up if he is GUILTY for this......

Plate of crow if Im wrong....No worries I been eating plenty of crow lately.. :)

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Simpson was going to get charged he would have already been charged..... AGain what NFL players have weed shipped across state lines to a HOUSE HE OWNS but doesnt get arrested?????

PEOPLE! Jerome Simpson WILL NOT BE CHARGED!!!!!!!! The NFL the CIncy Bengals and police have questioned this kid 1,000,000 DIFFERENT WAYS!

I will say it again...Whether Jerome returns or leaves is 1 thing...BUT I DO NOT think he will be charged...... His bro lived in the house and is/was the main person living there...The girl is from Cali who signed for it...SHe has something to do with this....Jerome has told them everything he knows....and if he failed a test he sat out for that failure and is now in the NFL drug testing program...BUT WE WONT KNOW because that is is private info....What I do know...is that an NFL guy would not be out THIS LONG if he was guilty.... it didnt happen to Travis Henry it didnt happen to Nate Newton and many others...COPS, FEDS, SS, Sheriffs, DEA, ATF WILL LOCK A SMUCKIN NFL player up if he is GUILTY for this......

Plate of crow if Im wrong....No worries I been eating plenty of crow lately.. :)

He hasn't been charged with anything yet, but that doesn't mean he won't.

Regardless - He's just not that good. I had a lot of hope after his strong finish last season, but he makes way too many boneheaded plays. I hope the Bengals go after a solid FA.

cravnravn

Hoopla Cash
$ 850.00
With all the picks you have, whats the cost of offering a contract to a restricted FA, Wallace on the Stealers is a RFA next year.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Chad Ochocinco might be available.

:behindsofa:

LOL....listening to Cowherd this morning, he's talking about the inability of the Ocho and Brady to click.....could we be Bengalizing the Pats?

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He hasn't been charged with anything yet, but that doesn't mean he won't.

Regardless - He's just not that good. I had a lot of hope after his strong finish last season, but he makes way too many boneheaded plays. I hope the Bengals go after a solid FA.

He is mistake prone but I'm a fan. He's tougher than I realized and just seems to be kind of an X factor on the field. he's capable of making huge plays and I like that he's not afraid to mix it up in the run game. I hope they keep him and keep reciever corp of Green, Simpson, Gresham and Shipley in tact..