• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 Draft Thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot still has to go right for Odunze to be there at #9, but I've been saying for some time if he's there, Poles should snatch him up.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There it is. It's pretty much a lock at this point
They were merely on the same plane to Detroit.
Prophetic? Coincidence?

A lot still has to go right for Odunze to be there at #9, but I've been saying for some time if he's there, Poles should snatch him up.
:agree:

Lots of speculation based on Poles' presser that there is a chance he trades up. Spoke of having "less picks."

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonite baby!!! It's finally here, one of the most anticipated drafts in years for us diehard Bears fans.

As has been the story for weeks now, our 1st pick is all but in the books with Caleb Williams. It's the 9th pick that's been generating tons of stories, rumors, and scenarios. It can go in any number of directions. So let's grab the popcorn and sit back, tonite's gonna be crazy!

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were merely on the same plane to Detroit.
Prophetic? Coincidence?

:agree:

Lots of speculation based on Poles' presser that there is a chance he trades up. Spoke of having "less picks."

Im sure hoping for prophetic.......

KEenan Allen is 32 in 2 days.......we only have Keenan on a one year contract,he will be 33 starting the 2025 season.........He has not played a full season in like 3 years.
With where I think we will be next season,we should upeer teens to lower 20s in the pecking order........
I know we only have 4 picks this year,but so what,we have 9 coming next season with 2 no.2s.......
Im really hoping we can get one of those top 3 wrs at 9,if not,Im in for Bowers......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the big four questions for the 9th pick:

Do we take a WR? (I'll squeeze TE Bowers in here for @wood20ks)
Do we take a DL?
Do we take an OL?
Do we trade the pick, either up or down?

Let 'er rip, boys.

I just look at Bowers as a wr clone.....hes a pass catcher,thats what we are looking for.....
He will already better than Everett,and will be better than Kmet next season......

But I really dont think that if no top 3 are available,we probably pass him up........its just who I like to see.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just look at Bowers as a wr clone.....hes a pass catcher,thats what we are looking for.....
He will already better than Everett,and will be better than Kmet next season......

But I really dont think that if no top 3 are available,we probably pass him up........its just who I like to see.
Hey, no argument from me. I completely understand why Bowers would be a top 10 pick, and who knows maybe even by the Bears. Had we not signed Gerald Everett, I'd probably be hawking for Bowers as much or more than any other draft wish. Not sure how much of a need we'll have for three TEs, but it's not like that should be out of the question. I've said on a number of occasions if by chance we do end up taking Bowers, I'm fine with it.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tonite baby!!! It's finally here, one of the most anticipated drafts in years for us diehard Bears fans.

As has been the story for weeks now, our 1st pick is all but in the books with Caleb Williams. It's the 9th pick that's been generating tons of stories, rumors, and scenarios. It can go in any number of directions. So let's grab the popcorn and sit back, tonite's gonna be crazy!
And beer... Can't forget the beer with the popcorn.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, no argument from me. I completely understand why Bowers would be a top 10 pick, and who knows maybe even by the Bears. Had we not signed Gerald Everett, I'd probably be hawking for Bowers as much or more than any other draft wish. Not sure how much of a need we'll have for three TEs, but it's not like that should be out of the question. I've said on a number of occasions if by chance we do end up taking Bowers, I'm fine with it.

If Bowers was strictly te,I see the point......

But being he is verastile,Im for it......kinda like moving a tackle to guard or vice-versa......if Bowers is able to play that positon,by all means......but only if tjose top 3 wrs are not there.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we trade the pick, either up or down?
Well, if this poll is accurate, trading down the 9th appears to be the choice of a very slim majority:

Trade down: 51%
Use the pick: 38%
Trade up: 11%

I'm still for keeping the pick at all costs if Odunze, Nabers, or Alt are there when the Bears are on the clock. Otherwise, I'm fine if Poles can manage a workable trade back. Or if all three are gone and he still decides to take a player at 9, whoever that may be, I'm fine with this as well.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a pretty good mock from WCG's Jacob Infante:

1-1: Caleb Williams, QB
1-9: Byron Murphy II
3-75: Ja'Lynn Polk, WR
4-122: Tanor Bortolini, C

We all know Murphy has been climbing the boards faster of late than just about any defensive player in this draft. Granted, DE/Edge is a greater positional need, but a Flus defense at its most productive is reliant on a distruptive, penetrating 3 Technique. The other factor for not grabbing one at 9 is knowing that next year will contain an incredible number of 1st round talented DEs. Assuming Odunze's lesser known teammate is still on the board at 75, Polk would make for a solid pick. He plays faster than his 40 time of 4.52 and has a rep for reliable routes and strong hands. And I've been a fan of Bortolini since his performance at the combine. I'd think he make for a bargain pick at 122.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade up: 11%
Here's a trade up scenario from Yahoo Sports to pacify the 11%

7. Chicago Bears (via Titans) — Rome Odunze, WR, Washington

Chicago jumps the Falcons to get their hands on Odunze, who has the potential to be a true No. 1 receiver in the NFL. Wide receiver is not an immediate need for the Bears with DJ Moore and Keenan Allen on the roster, but Allen won’t be around forever and Odunze is one of the premier players in this draft. Moore, Allen and Odunze would be a fantastic trio for Caleb Williams to work with and he would have Moore and Odunze for the long term.

There's no mention what the Bears give up in order to secure Odunze at 7, I'm guessing it's the 75th pick. But the Titans at 9 still end up with Joe Alt in this mock. Things that make you go hmmmm....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the intrigue builds as we all wonder what Poles will do with the 9th pick. Perhaps more importantly, what actions the teams who draft before #9 take, as that could very much affect our direction.

So far, picks 1 thru 3 go as expected. I'd be surprised if the Cardinals at 4 fail to draft MHJ.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 picks in and no surprises yet......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers have the first pick that could alter what the Bears do at 9.