• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bandit Dynasty League Thread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm busy having COVID-19 right now, so no real time to process. Although when Dad makes a move at this point it's all just white noise to me. There's really no need to evaluate his roster until the start of the season since it will change 15 more times before then.
Bummer about getting the covid-19. Hope your one of the lucky ones that isn't effected much by it.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm busy having COVID-19 right now, so no real time to process. Although when Dad makes a move at this point it's all just white noise to me. There's really no need to evaluate his roster until the start of the season since it will change 15 more times before then.
Here's to a quick recovery my man!!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like your collecting RBs once again. Jones, Carson, Robinson, Penny and Gaskins.

Lefty and I could NEVER co-manage a team together, lol
we'd be going back and forth on whether to pursue RB or WR non-stop

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just maybe a tad surprised you went this route, as it dings your RB depth but you been big on Henry so I shouldn't of been.
I certainly wasn't instigating the effort, way back when, but I do love the guy.

He just brings me back to the days of Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Okoye, ...etc...I love those dudes that just beat defenders up all game and then still have the gas to bust a long assed score. One more reason to watch the guy? Sure why not.

The success of the deal, for me at least, lies with praying Henry continues not getting hurt, and A. Jones leaving GB, with Dillon being elevated to the lead back. I think he will...obviously, as that's the bet I just made, but, if he doesn't, I could be hurting.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the kind words. It hasn't been too bad and I'm on the tail end of it now. Not being able to smell or taste is by far the worst part of it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly wasn't instigating the effort, way back when, but I do love the guy.

He just brings me back to the days of Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Okoye, ...etc...I love those dudes that just beat defenders up all game and then still have the gas to bust a long assed score. One more reason to watch the guy? Sure why not.

The success of the deal, for me at least, lies with praying Henry continues not getting hurt, and A. Jones leaving GB, with Dillon being elevated to the lead back. I think he will...obviously, as that's the bet I just made, but, if he doesn't, I could be hurting.
He's been a beast last couple of years, one concern I'd have is he 27 and a really big RB, so how soon does his play start tapering off? You sort of bought him at peak value as it's not likely he tops the last two years. Still if your going for the gold, you do these moves.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been a beast last couple of years, one concern I'd have is he 27 and a really big RB, so how soon does his play start tapering off? You sort of bought him at peak value as it's not likely he tops the last two years. Still if your going for the gold, you do these moves.
Definitely a concern I had for sure. Other concerns- where does Jones end up and is he any good there, or was he just a product of Aaron Rodgers being the focus? Is Robinson really good enough, or or is he another Thomas Rawls, Lamont Jordan, Steve Slaton...etc..? Does he fit Urban Meyer's plan? And even if he does, does he still get 20 touches a game under that plan? And if I bank on those guys, will I be holding the bag at the end of '21, having missed the window to get anything out of them?

It's a gamble for sure, with a modest potential for payout, but barring injury, worst case I've got the back to back rushing champion to make a run with.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like your collecting RBs once again. Jones, Carson, Robinson, Penny and Gaskins.
Yeah, for whatever reason since it was my WR's (and believe it or not IDP's) who saved my ass last yr. But like Clemson said once before "I won with those guys so it's time for a change". Thing was, he was a lot more successful and landing early picks than me but what the heck. .... I now have a nice stable of ??? RB's who all catch the ball. Guess we'll see if that strategy works out this yr. ....

And @Bandit - I'm really glad you're feeling better - was worried when we first heard but it seems you've had a milder case than many. ... :thumb:

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty and I could NEVER co-manage a team together, lol
we'd be going back and forth on whether to pursue RB or WR non-stop
Oh it wouldn't be so bad - Fuzzy and I have done it for yrs in D1. Some heated discussions but cooler heads and strength of argument prevails - - the hardest part would be keeping me from tinkering non-stop. ..... :D

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the kind words. It hasn't been too bad and I'm on the tail end of it now. Not being able to smell or taste is by far the worst part of it.
@Bandit
Just saw this. Glad you are OK. Had to move from my house because my girlfriends 19 year old son refused to keep his friends from coming over. I am 65 and at risk. Cost me the girl friend relationship. She has moved out with her selfish son and I now have this great house to myself.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit
Just saw this. Glad you are OK. Had to move from my house because my girlfriends 19 year old son refused to keep his friends from coming over. I am 65 and at risk. Cost me the girl friend relationship. She has moved out with her selfish son and I now have this great house to myself.
Wow. Tough with kids especially if they aren't yours. Kids crave being social, my daughter and grand daughter live with me and the grand daughter has had friends over from time to time. I just isolate myself in my man cave and I'm fine with that, but yeah it is a problem in that it raises the risk level for those at high risk. Both me and the wife(ex actually but she is back with me for now) are 65 plus.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit
Well that sucks...selfish lil shit

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a couple of offers out there but they are to the "others" so I'm not optimistic.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@leftypower dunno how, but your last offer to TWC, landed in my inbox:)
Interested GIF by reactionseditor

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I can tell you right now that The Wrecking Crew is not going to be able to make any trades anyway right now until he gets the damn players off of his IR and makes some drops. He is blocked from trading. And I don't understand since he has like 10 guys he could drop.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I gotta say, I did look into it, and I do see a deal I would do. I suspect you wouldn't be into it much at all though, so I didn't send it.

sounds like a hell of a starting point!

job got a little crazy on me this week, boss likes to cram 5 days of work into 4 whenever we have a long weekend. Not sure that really captured to true intentions of having a long weekend, but I'm also not the boss, so go figure.

bounce me a PM or a text on what you were kicking around in your head, let's discuss some options