• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Alex Smith Trade

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well there's a huge difference between eifert and macdonald.

Maybe...

Eifert is more of a threat in the passing game, but I would argue that MacDonald is a more complete TE...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
double TE works for the pats.

We use our 2nd TE differently than the Pats do though.

The 2 TE system with the Pats they basically are mirror images of each other in terms of function.

Our 2 TE system we use Davis at the primary pass catcher and secondary blocker and the 2nd TE we value the ability to line up in different places and block mor than pass catching ability.

Analysts that mocked us in drafts taking Fleener, Eifert, and Ertz do so because they think we are like the Pats with our 2 TE system when that's not the case.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the 2nd / 3rd rounder next year depended on whether they make the playoffs or not. Going 8-8 to make it a 1st is even better! That means the possible range of picks I gave were too low.

Worst case scenario: The Chiefs go exactly 7-9.
Best case scenario: The Chiefs go exactly 8-8.

8-8 makes it a 2nd.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We use our 2nd TE differently than the Pats do though.

The 2 TE system with the Pats they basically are mirror images of each other in terms of function.

Our 2 TE system we use Davis at the primary pass catcher and secondary blocker and the 2nd TE we value the ability to line up in different places and block mor than pass catching ability.

Analysts that mocked us in drafts taking Fleener, Eifert, and Ertz do so because they think we are like the Pats with our 2 TE system when that's not the case.

You are wrong. Gronk they use as a TE just like the 9ers use Davis. Hernandez is used as a RB, FB, TE, WR, and KR/PR Just like the 9ers used Walker.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You are wrong. Gronk they use as a TE just like the 9ers use Davis. Hernandez is used as a RB, FB, TE, WR, and KR/PR Just like the 9ers used Walker.

That is true. I guess the crucial difference is that Walker was primarily a blocker whereas Hernandez is still a receiver first and foremost.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's worse, "winnable" or "tossup"? I don't think much of Tennessee, though they had a pretty good offseason. Their OL should be much better this year, and with Chris Johnson behind it that's a good thing. But I still think they're a lesser team unless Locker makes a big jump.

8 wins is ENTIRELY doable for this team. They're by far the best bad team last year in terms of talent.

Tossup is worse. I see a Tossup as 50/50 chance of winning the game where as Winnable is at least a 60/40 chance at winning

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, thanks. I knew that, but I wrote 1st for some reason.

Per Sando:

The Alex Smith trade will return a 2014 second-round choice to the San Francisco 49ers if the Kansas City Chiefs finish 8-8 or better.

Otherwise, the 49ers will receive only a third-round selection.

That was among the notes Peter King passed along Monday when noting that the 49ers and St. Louis Rams are holding additional picks in the 2014 draft. So, 49ers fans should root for the Chiefs this season. The rest of the NFC West should root against them.

The second-round pick would be later in the round. The third-round pick would be earlier in the round.

The 49ers selected LaMichael James, Colin Kaepernick, Taylor Mays and Chilo Rachal with second-round choices from 2008 through 2012. They used third-round picks during that time for Chris Culliver, NaVorro Bowman, Glen Coffee and Reggie Smith.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we're pretty hit or miss on those 2nd and 3rd rounders

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-8 makes it a 2nd? It kind of feels like stealing because Alex does well with a talented roster and real NFL coaching.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I googled Chiefs camp because I want to follow their progress since their success could give us an extra 2nd round pick. Sounds like Alex is the same old Alex, can just as easily drill perfect passes for TDs and then roll out to the left and throw the ball in the dirt. lol... same highs and lows that he always had here. Yikes.

I hope the new offense thing doesn't mess the Chiefs up too badly since a 2nd rounder is a lot nicer than a 3rd, they mentioned that a few times the WRs would cut one way and the pass would go the other way... classic miscommunication with new offenses.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I googled Chiefs camp because I want to follow their progress since their success could give us an extra 2nd round pick. Sounds like Alex is the same old Alex, can just as easily drill perfect passes for TDs and then roll out to the left and throw the ball in the dirt. lol... same highs and lows that he always had here. Yikes.

I hope the new offense thing doesn't mess the Chiefs up too badly since a 2nd rounder is a lot nicer than a 3rd, they mentioned that a few times the WRs would cut one way and the pass would go the other way... classic miscommunication with new offenses.

He'll be fine. It's early. Bemular showed me this one...

Alex Smith Already Becoming Leader

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I Googled it trying to find what you described and couldn't find it. I did see that he had a deep one to Bowe and that he said there was some good and some bad, but that was the first day of camp. I didn't see anything about dirted passes or whatnot. KC only allows pictures and video for about 20 minutes and I'm not sure if reporters are allowed there much longer. I assume they are less strict than Harbaugh on that.

Do you know where you saw these reports? I've only seen positive ones and very little about the backups and I've been looking.