• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Alex Smith Trade

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was gonna say I will wait until it gets to that 4th page.. and then BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

MUAHAHA

MUAHAHAHAHA

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha ha.....if it were only that simple.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I live long enough to see a day when there's not an AS thread in the first five pages of our forum.

I was gonna say I will wait until it gets to that 4th page.. and then BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

MUAHAHA

MUAHAHAHAHA

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

In my defense, I didn't start the thread and I bumped it when it was still on the first page. If you get your wish, I just prolonged your life another day. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I live long enough to see a day when there's not an AS thread in the first five pages of our forum.

It is: Go to User CP. Then "Edit Options" under the "Settings and Options" category on the left side. Go down to the Thread Display Options and by the line that tells you to choose the number of threads per page, select 5. Or in the same area, you can select it to only show threads that have activity in the last day, two days, three days, etc. Then, you should get your wish eventually.

:suds:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just to re-cap, let's see what the Niners got for Alex Smith.

1. Tank Carradine
2. The right to move up from 93 to 88 get Lemonier.
3. The Titans' 3rd round pick in 2014
4. The Chiefs' 3rd or 2nd round pick in 2014 (84th pick at worst; 55th pick at best).

For perspective, the 84th & 55th picks in a pretty deep 2013 draft were Shawn Williams & Vance McDonald respectively. And the Titans' 3rd round pick this year was Blidi Wreh-Wilson.

Not too shabby.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple, Reid is better then Cyprien and Elam, end of story

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Simple, Reid is better then Cyprien and Elam, end of story

Yeah? Is he better than Cordarelle Patterson? Shariff Floyd? Xavier Rhodes? Tyler Eifert?

How much better is he in comparison to a player like Elam or Cyprien? A great margin? A big enough margin to surrender our 1st thrid round pick (#74 overall) to acquire Reid? Did you assess the "players" we could have had at #74? Did you not like Jonathan Jenkins? Did you not like Keenan Allen (to replace Boldin)? Did you not like Damontre Moore? I'm just asking...??!! Is Reid:
1.) Better than Cyprien and Elam
2.) Him being better than Cyp/Elam, is he also that much better to not having to need Jenkins, Allen, Moore, etc.
3.) Reid > Patterson, Floyd, Eiftert, Rhodes????

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah? Is he better than Cordarelle Patterson? Shariff Floyd? Xavier Rhodes? Tyler Eifert?

How much better is he in comparison to a player like Elam or Cyprien? A great margin? A big enough margin to surrender our 1st thrid round pick (#74 overall) to acquire Reid? Did you assess the "players" we could have had at #74? Did you not like Jonathan Jenkins? Did you not like Keenan Allen (to replace Boldin)? Did you not like Damontre Moore? I'm just asking...??!! Is Reid:
1.) Better than Cyprien and Elam
2.) Him being better than Cyp/Elam, is he also that much better to not having to need Jenkins, Allen, Moore, etc.
3.) Reid > Patterson, Floyd, Eiftert, Rhodes????

prior to the draft we all thought there wasn't much difference in these safeties, and IF true your argument is solid. that was the GENERAL concensus nationwide, not much difference.

the 49ers traded up for him, so we NOW know the 49ers (not nationwide) feel there IS a big difference. there is a big difference so don't settle for any 'ol Safety, go get the guy who'll impact our D.

because the 49ers (not just Baalke) have so much more insight into these players, and how they fit, we can only trust their judgement. but you're sticking to "not much difference", and thats ok, but you won't convince most of us the 49ers are wrong.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
prior to the draft we all thought there wasn't much difference in these safeties, and IF true your argument is solid. that was the GENERAL concensus nationwide, not much difference.

the 49ers traded up for him, so we NOW know the 49ers (not nationwide) feel there IS a big difference. there is a big difference so don't settle for any 'ol Safety, go get the guy who'll impact our D.

because the 49ers (not just Baalke) have so much more insight into these players, and how they fit, we can only trust their judgement. but you're sticking to "not much difference", and thats ok, but you won't convince most of us the 49ers are wrong.

I'm not trying to convince anyone anything. All I'm saying is I don't think passing up on the players we did (Rhodes, Eifert, Patterson, Floyd) IN ADDITTION to giving up the 74th pick which could have landed us other potential future starters (Jenkins, Moore, Allen) was worth that one player (REID).

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

So the Reid pick is a 10 in your book? Apparently you approve of every move our FO makes, because they think that guy will be good? Or does that only apply to trading up?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So the Reid pick is a 10 in your book? Apparently you approve of every move our FO makes, because they think that guy will be good? Or does that only apply to trading up?

Me and Deep has had arguments about this in the past - ESPN message boards.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

if you're entitled to an opinion, so am i. my opnion is Reid IS our BPA, didn't say he's a "10", are you're saying it for me so you can argue against it?

if i already admitted to not being a draft guru, shouldn't i avoid judging individual prospects? in reality i do but i TRY not too. :-)

do you claim to be a draft guru?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Me and Deep has had arguments about this in the past - ESPN message boards.

yes we have.

so lets be clear, your opinion is fine, said this from the draft. my opinion is our 49er FO is way ahead of anyone here.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if you're entitled to an opinion, so am i. my opnion is Reid IS our BPA, didn't say he's a "10", are you're saying it for me so you can argue against it?

if i already admitted to not being a draft guru, shouldn't i avoid judging individual prospects? in reality i do but i TRY not too. :-)

do you claim to be a draft guru?

Was that post draft, or before the draft? Do you really feel that Reid was better than Floyd before the draft? You really feel that he is a better player than Eifert?

My feeling towards your comment is that you allow Baalke and company to dictate how you feel about any given player. It doesn't matter what your researched (materials you have read before the draft, video footage you have seen) had supported and indicated. Your research has no value because it is tainted by others' influences - you are easilty persuaded by the FO. Which is fine just don't question people who criticize a pick/trade because at least they are basing it from their core belief which derived from "empirical research" (not everyone but some people put a lot into it believe it or not).

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was that post draft, or before the draft? Do you really feel that Reid was better than Floyd before the draft? You really feel that he is a better player than Eifert?

My feeling towards your comment is that you allow Baalke and company to dictate how you feel about any given player. It doesn't matter what your researched (materials you have read before the draft, video footage you have seen) had supported and indicated. Your research has no value because it is tainted by others' influences - you are easilty persuaded by the FO. Which is fine just don't question people who criticize a pick/trade because at least they are basing it from their core belief which derived from "empirical research" (not everyone but some people put a lot into it believe it or not).

what does "your opinion is fine" mean? am i arguing your opinion is wrong? what are you arguing about anyway, what is your point?

btw - reading a lot of draft info is good, makes for an interesting draft and part of the fun. but still doesn't get you the insights our FO gets, still doesn't get you the scheme details our Coaches know?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what does "your opinion is fine" mean? am i arguing your opinion is wrong? what are you arguing about anyway, what is your point?

btw - reading a lot of draft info is good, makes for an interesting draft and part of the fun. but still doesn't get you the insights our FO gets, still doesn't get you the scheme details our Coaches know?

Are you asking me a question, or are you making a comment?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry did not read through the entire thread. Rams fan here and I'm wondering if Kaep goes down how y'all feel about Colt McCoy as your starting QB?