• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Alex Smith Trade

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sorry did not read through the entire thread. Rams fan here and I'm wondering if Kaep goes down how y'all feel about Colt McCoy as your starting QB?

Better luck next time finding an appropriate thread. This thread is surprisingly deceptive..

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry did not read through the entire thread. Rams fan here and I'm wondering if Kaep goes down how y'all feel about Colt McCoy as your starting QB?

If Kaep goes down (God forbid), Scott Tolzien would be our replacement. Not Colt!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yeah? Is he better than Cordarelle Patterson? Shariff Floyd? Xavier Rhodes? Tyler Eifert?

Yes, maybe, maybe & no.

I didn't want Floyd because he wouldn't be a great fit in a 3-4, so I'd say he's a better pick than Floyd would've been.

I think Reid is a better overall safety prospect than Rhodes, but Rhodes can play CB too; so they're different kinds of players.

Eifert is a more valuable player than Reid is IMO, but safety was a far bigger need. And I'd take Reid / McDonald over Eifert / D.J. Swearinger any day.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So the Reid pick is a 10 in your book? Apparently you approve of every move our FO makes, because they think that guy will be good? Or does that only apply to trading up?

But the drafts overall are sub-par.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if you're entitled to an opinion, so am i. my opnion is Reid IS our BPA, didn't say he's a "10", are you're saying it for me so you can argue against it?

if i already admitted to not being a draft guru, shouldn't i avoid judging individual prospects? in reality i do but i TRY not too. :-)

do you claim to be a draft guru?

What would you rate the pick if you were to put a number on it?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

well if he does go down i hope we're playing the lambs

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if he does go down i hope we're playing the lambs

I can understand why too, because that's what happened to your starting QB last year and it worked out pretty good for y'all.:yahoo:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a little surprised about the Eifert talk the last few weeks...

I get that he is a good prospect, and I don't doubt he will do well on Sundays. But I don't understand the regret or disappoinment by some fans that the 49ers didn't draft him. The Niners already have one of the best TE's (if not the best) in the league. The position vacated by Delanie Walker was more of a utilty role (a little of everything role). How does Eifert fill that role? Isn't Eifert more of a TE where you would hilight him as a consistant threat rather than a do everything including special teams kind of player?

The other thing that I'm wondering about is how some value individual positions in the draft. I hadn't realised that TE's were so much more valued over the saftey position? I had always thought they were on a similar level as far as value (not that I buy position value much anymore, but I'm basing this on how others have preached about this in the past)...

I guess it just doesn't add up to me. I can see the potential weapon in Eifert, but how well would he have fit in the current system?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kaep goes down (God forbid), Scott Tolzien would be our replacement. Not Colt!
Is this true or is this what you hope for?

I know Tolzien was your third string QB last year Bingo but to my knowledge, he has never appeared in a regular NFL game whereas Colt has started 21 NFL games and played in 24. Colt put up decent numbers behind a pretty decimated roster in Cleveland.

I can only imagine what Colt could do playing with all the talent on the 9ers squad. Don't get me wrong, he's clearly behind Kaep but I don't know your team like you guys however really didn't expect him to be 3rd in the depth chart with you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to believe that Tolzien has had two full seasons learning our offense, therefore he would be the frontrunner for the backup QB job. If McCoy is willing to put the necessary time in to leap over Tolzien in terms of his grasp of our offense, I could see it going to McCoy, but I expect that Tolzien would be the backup.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys say I hijack threads to make it about Alex, now Alex's thread is hi-jacked by non-Alex Smith stuff? :gaah::rant: Now I know how you feel.

Just kidding, I don't really care. Despite my history. Now without a USC or Utah guy on the team, I can just talk Niner football or the BS thread. I am released from the spell. :yahoo:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in high school, Alex Smith knew #7 > #11. Just kidding. Someone showed me this. Don't know why everyone else is with someone. This apparently was a prom picture. The girl next to him is with the guy on her right.

Picture

711.jpg

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in high school, Alex Smith knew #7 > #11. Just kidding. Someone showed me this. Don't know why everyone else is with someone. This apparently was a prom picture. The girl next to him is with the guy on her right.

Picture

View attachment 4868
:laugh3:
Only after he's gone, we get the King Alex pictures?!

You'll always be loved/hated Alex

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Penguin his date? Way to go Alex, destroy the stereotype of the Prom King/starting QB dating the head cheerleader.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the Penguin his date? Way to go Alex, destroy the stereotype of the Prom King/starting QB dating the head cheerleader.

He went solo, I guess. The "Penguin" is with the guy on her right, as you can see his arm around her arm. And no, I'm assuming the guy next to Alex is with the girl on his left, not Alex.

I find your comment funny, given that he then married a cheerleader when he was the starting QB here. Not sure if she was the head cheerleader, though. Do NFL teams have head cheerleaders? (I'm talking officially, not socially a strongest cheerleader in the group.)

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, he did eventually marry the cheerleader... I forgot. soooo way to live up to highschool stereotypes alex!

and good job spooning danny devito at prom

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a little surprised about the Eifert talk the last few weeks...

I get that he is a good prospect, and I don't doubt he will do well on Sundays. But I don't understand the regret or disappoinment by some fans that the 49ers didn't draft him. The Niners already have one of the best TE's (if not the best) in the league. The position vacated by Delanie Walker was more of a utilty role (a little of everything role). How does Eifert fill that role? Isn't Eifert more of a TE where you would hilight him as a consistant threat rather than a do everything including special teams kind of player?

The other thing that I'm wondering about is how some value individual positions in the draft. I hadn't realised that TE's were so much more valued over the saftey position? I had always thought they were on a similar level as far as value (not that I buy position value much anymore, but I'm basing this on how others have preached about this in the past)...

I guess it just doesn't add up to me. I can see the potential weapon in Eifert, but how well would he have fit in the current system?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys say I hijack threads to make it about Alex, now Alex's thread is hi-jacked by non-Alex Smith stuff? :gaah::rant:

Well if you're talking about me MHSL82 I'll point out that this thread is not about Alex Smith rather it's about The Alex Smith trade.

Since Alex was the No. 2 QB on the depth chart then it's not hi-hacking the thread to talk about his replacement. If you weren't talking about me then this post is just :lame:.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you're talking about me MHSL82 I'll point out that this thread is not about Alex Smith rather it's about The Alex Smith trade.

Since Alex was the No. 2 QB on the depth chart then it's not hi-hacking the thread to talk about his replacement. If you weren't talking about me then this post is just :lame:.

Nope, I was referring to posts before and after yours about some defensive players. I was joking about myself because since I am a casual fan, I always referred to QBs and WRs. Since I lived in Utah when Alex played there, I was a fan of his. I was happy when he came to my childhood team.

I talked a lot about him when I felt the thread related in some way even if it wasn't actually about him (running game involved some audibling into runs from called pass plays, for instance), hence my reference to hi-jacking. Often, the thread was already about QBs, because they are focal points of message boards, and I was there. I have since focused on Kaepernick. I won't pretend to know anything technical about any position.

I found it ironic that a thread involving him, now that so few did, was a place for talk about Eifert, et al. Note, I didn't start this thread. :)

Oh yeah, I type long posts. ;)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I was only joking and really on only making fun of myself not others.