• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the topic of actual basketball, good win by UVa tonight. Think the top four seeds in the ACCT will end up being UNC, Miami, UVa and Duke. Not sure how they're going to end up. Think UNC ends up 14-4, Miami 13-5, UVa 13-5 and Duke at 12-6. Anything can happen though, as we all know.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that the ACC hasn't profusely apologized for this is an embarrassment and shows clear favoritism towards Duke.

He also got fouled....if we want to bitch about missed calls

You don't know the rules of basketball.

Google "verticality". That was PERFECT defensive positioning by the UVA defender.

Clearly beats allen to the spot, allen initiated 100% of the contract. Good job not calling a foul there.

Now about Allen traveling twice before the shot got off.....

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct but you can't really expect a travel to be called in that spot....especially not against the home team. I think if UVA was in that position at home, a travel would not be called either

A 3 step travel needs to called whether it's at Cameron on the damn moon.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that the ACC hasn't profusely apologized for this is an embarrassment and shows clear favoritism towards Duke.

You don't know the rules of basketball.

Google "verticality". That was PERFECT defensive positioning by the UVA defender.

Clearly beats allen to the spot, allen initiated 100% of the contract. Good job not calling a foul there.

Now about Allen traveling twice before the shot got off.....

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes you were comparing the two coaches and their "moral compasses", further stating that they both put themselves above doing the right thing, as if one is just like the other in this instance. The Sandusky instance was compared by you to the Grayson Allen tripping. You damn well said it and reiterated once again.

Wow you really are an idiot. Nowhere did I compare tripping players with raping children. Nowhere. I only compared the coach's bahavior as both failed to back up their holier than thou attitude when put to the test. I really hope you are not demonstrating a Duke education.

Last edited:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6. Don't see how being a conference where you have zero history with the rest of the members can be fun (I felt the same way when BC left the Big East for the ACC), so good luck with that.

Cuse gonna make some history here. But truth is....Cuse has a history with many ACC members. Not so much tobacco road though

But here's how you go into Duke and getcha some history....

jim-boeheim-memes-11.jpg

or you can go with.....

Krzyzewski fuming at no-call at end of Syracuse's win (video)
19573964-mmmain.jpg
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski looks on during a game against Syracuse on Monday, Jan. 18, 2016, at Cameron

Both fun ass'd games. Love the crazies. That's what cbb is all about.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clear nut shot by Derrick Nix on Cody Zeller.

lol
that incident was watched by millions and totally laughed off as a purposeful "dick flop" by Zeller...
what's funniest is that you whiney ACC people still use it as a 'teaching moment' for cbb fakery.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuse gonna make some history here. But truth is....Cuse has a history with many ACC members. Not so much tobacco road though

But here's how you go into Duke and getcha some history....

View attachment 92779

or you can go with.....

Krzyzewski fuming at no-call at end of Syracuse's win (video)
View attachment 92780
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski looks on during a game against Syracuse on Monday, Jan. 18, 2016, at Cameron

Both fun ass'd games. Love the crazies. That's what cbb is all about.

Was referring to when BC was basically out on an island from 2005 to 2013, when Pitt, Syracuse and Notre Dame joined.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol
that incident was watched by millions and totally laughed off as a purposeful "dick flop" by Zeller...
what's funniest is that you whiney ACC people still use it as a 'teaching moment' for cbb fakery.

Did ACC fans really cry when that incident took place?

Doing some more research on it, it seems like the general consensus is that Zeller held Nix's arm, Nix tried to shoo him away, which caused him to accidentally hit Zeller in the nuts. I highly doubt it was a flop, though. He obviously got hit.

The "cbb fakery" comment made me lol, though. Not because it was funny, but because you criticize fans from another conference for being "whiney", only to proceed to do your own fair share of whining.

Last edited:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did ACC fans really cry when that incident took place?

Doing some more research on it, it seems like the general consensus is that Zeller held Nix's arm, Nix tried to shoo him away, which caused him to accidentally hit Zeller in the nuts.

The "cbb fakery" comment made me lol, though. Not because it was funny, but because you criticize fans from another conference for being "whiney", only to proceed to do your own fair share of whining.

ACC fans cry without warning, without purpose or reason all the time...it's the nature of the beast.

Glad to hear you decided to dig deeper into the "INCIDENT" you used to exemplify your anemic point...backing down a rung or two. Now, if you try watching it a couple more times without your obvious biases, you'll realize there was nothing to either the incident (except a really cheap flop - even by ACC standards) or to be gained by your recalling the incident here.

Silly goose. Everybody knows flopping & fakery are inextricably connected with ACC hoops. It's not whining, it's tut tut admiration.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC fans cry without warning, without purpose or reason all the time...it's the nature of the beast.

Glad to hear you decided to dig deeper into the "INCIDENT" you used to exemplify your anemic point...backing down a rung or two. Now, if you try watching it a couple more times without your obvious biases, you'll realize there was nothing to either the incident (except a really cheap flop - even by ACC standards) or to be gained by your recalling the incident here.

Silly goose. Everybody knows flopping & fakery are inextricably connected with ACC hoops. It's not whining, it's tut tut admiration.

Its obviously clear that someone takes the internet a tad too seriously. I have no biases. I was just looking for an example of a "dirty play" from another conference. I'm sorry that it rustled your jimmies that I was wrong.

Everything is going to be okay. Just take a deep breath and remind yourself, "Its only the internet."

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its obviously clear that someone takes the internet a tad too seriously. I have no biases. I was just looking for an example of a "dirty play" from another conference. I'm sorry that it rustled your jimmies that I was wrong.

Everything is going to be okay. Just take a deep breath and remind yourself, "Its only the internet."

lol
when you smash your finger with a hammer, do you blame the hammer?

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol
when you smash your finger with a hammer, do you blame the hammer?

A five star response if I've ever seen one.

giphy.gif

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha...a chick gif to rep your rapier wit.

:L

oh well, ok. thanks. I've had my fun. Didn't mean to ruin your day.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha...a chick gif to rep your rapier wit.

oh well, ok. thanks. I've had my fun. Didn't mean to ruin your day.

Yes, because its clearly my day that has been ruined. Not the guy that has thrown a pissy fit on an internet message board over the last half hour.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Darrell Green Fan, post: 8047793, member: 8691"]Are you really claiming there isn't a double standard in the ACC and with the NCAA? Sure it was up to Coach K. But just like Joe Paterno his moral compus changes when doing the right thing hurts the school.
.[/QUOTE]

Again, YOU stated "JUST LIKE PATERNO". What other incident did Paterno have that should be compared to Coach K, genius?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, YOU stated "JUST LIKE PATERNO". What other incident did Paterno have that should be compared to Coach K, genius?

Know what? Forget it. If you still don't get it by now it's pretty clear further elaboration won't help you. Honestly this point was not that difficult to grasp for most people. Clearly I over estimated your abilty.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know what? Forget it. If you still don't get it by now it's pretty clear further elaboration won't help you. Honestly this point was not that difficult to grasp for most people. Clearly I over estimated your abilty.[/QUOTE]

You stated it. You elaborated on it. You mentioned it. You own it .