• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grayson Allen is a major douchenozzle

I like him as a player but Coach K needs to sit down with him or even possibly suspend him for a half or a full game. Both trips were very obvious. Can't defend him

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pretty bad and pretty obvious... Don't know why Coach K hasn't ripped him a new one yet!

He probably did but now he's going to have to take away playing time IMO for at least a half....possibly a fulll game to get the message across

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably did but now he's going to have to take away playing time IMO for at least a half....possibly a fulll game to get the message across

at this point Coach K had better!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ACC did NOT suspend Allen but they sent him a letter of "reprimand"

ACC won't ban Duke's Allen for apparent trip

Duke star guard Grayson Allen will not be suspended by the ACC for his apparent trip of Florida State's Xavier Rathan-Mayes during Thursday's game.

The ACC announced its decision Friday afternoon, saying it has issued a reprimand to the Blue Devils' leading scorer.

"The ACC considers the matter closed and will have no further comment," the league said in a brief statement.

Florida State coach Leonard Hamilton told ESPN earlier Friday that Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski called him to apologize for the incident.

"[Krzyzewski] acknowledged the fact and apologized to our staff and to let Xavier know too," Hamilton told ESPN. "We accepted it and moved on. It's the end of it.

"I was proud of the way Xavier handled it. We've done -- moved on. We don't want to let it become an issue. It's over.''

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how it states, "apparent" trip...... I don't know where they got that word from... Allen clearly DID trip him!

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I lol'd, because there is no way this is even close to being true. This is about UVa fans on Twitter being somewhat vocal about Grayson Allen's "reprimand" from the ACC.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone shocked that two faced Coach K did nothing or that the league once again showed a double standard? This was totally expected and is exactly why Maryland fans are thrilled to be out of the ACC. The kid plays for Wake he is suspended, we all know this, either by the coach or the league.

Diamond Stone has one incident and Maryland did what the officials should have and sat him. Good old Coach K preaches high morals but of course it's all talk when his kid has two incidents.

Last edited:

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When
Is anyone shocked that two faced Coach K did nothing or that the league once again showed a double standard? This was totally expected and is exactly why Maryland fans are thrilled to be out of the ACC. The kid plays for Wake he is suspended, we all know this, either by the coach or the league.

Diamond Stone has one incident and Maryland did what the officials should have and sat him. Good old Coach K preaches high morals but of course it's all talk when his kid has two incidents.

When Chris Paul did the "nut punch" on Julius Hodge in 2005, it was the school that suspended CP3, not the conference. Suspending CP3 for the first game in that year's ACCT cost Wake the #1 seed in the NCAAT that year.

The nut punch and tripping a player should not be compared. However, when you get caught tripping the opposition twice in the same month without any type of consequence...yeah, that is a little ridiculous.

I do agree that Coach K needed to step up to the plate and suspend Allen for at least a half.

I do think it is silly to say "WE ARE SO HAPPY WE LEFT THE ACC b/c of SHIT LIKE THIS!!!!". Suspending Allen is on Coach K and Duke, not the conference.

Clear nut shot by Derrick Nix on Cody Zeller. Nix did not miss a single game. Why didn't the Big Ten suspend him?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I lol'd, because there is no way this is even close to being true. This is about UVa fans on Twitter being somewhat vocal about Grayson Allen's "reprimand" from the ACC.
Yeah, Ben Swain is a feeble little bitch. He blocked me on twitter for calling him out on his shit a long time ago.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When

When Chris Paul did the "nut punch" on Julius Hodge in 2005, it was the school that suspended CP3, not the conference. Suspending CP3 for the first game in that year's ACCT cost Wake the #1 seed in the NCAAT that year.

The nut punch and tripping a player should not be compared. However, when you get caught tripping the opposition twice in the same month without any type of consequence...yeah, that is a little ridiculous.

I do agree that Coach K needed to step up to the plate and suspend Allen for at least a half.

I do think it is silly to say "WE ARE SO HAPPY WE LEFT THE ACC b/c of SHIT LIKE THIS!!!!". Suspending Allen is on Coach K and Duke, not the conference.

Clear nut shot by Derrick Nix on Cody Zeller. Nix did not miss a single game. Why didn't the Big Ten suspend him?

Are you really claiming there isn't a double standard in the ACC and with the NCAA? Sure it was up to Coach K. But just like Joe Paterno his moral compus changes when doing the right thing hurts the school. So after K did nothing when the entire country knew those 2 incidents deserved at least a game it was then up to the league. And of course since it was Duke and not Clemson they did nothing.

I saw this shit for 30 years. The Big Two got special treatment, those outside were red headed step children. North Carolna cheated their ass off for years and we all know where this is going. Meanwhile Maryland received just short of the death penalty in the early 90's for giving a kid rides to class and then lying about it. We all see how calls constantly benefit Duke in big games, we all outside the state count how often the ACC Tournament was not played in North Carolina, 10 times in the last 54 years. 10. The list goes on and on.

Good luck with that.

Last edited:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really claiming there isn't a double standard in the ACC and with the NCAA? Sure it was up to Coach K. But just like Joe Paterno his moral compus changes when doing the right thing hurts the school. So after K did nothing when the entire country knew those 2 incidents deserved at least a game it was then up to the league. And of course since it was Duke and not Clemson they did nothing.

I saw this shit for 30 years. The Big Two got special treatment, those outside were red headed step children. North Carolna cheated their ass off for years and we all know where this is going. Meanwhile Maryland received just short of the death penalty in the early 90's for giving a kid rides to class and then lying about it. We all see how calls constantly benefit Duke in big games, we all outside the state count how often the ACC Tournament was not played in North Carolina, 10 times in the last 54 years. 10. The list goes on and on.

Good luck with that.

Are you seriously comparing Coach K and this situation to the Penn State Paterno/Sandusky situation? You are truly a fucking moron if that's the case.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you seriously comparing Coach K and this situation to the Penn State Paterno/Sandusky situation? You are truly a fucking moron if that's the case.

Was I comparing the incidents? Don't be an idiot, of course not. I was comparing the hypocritical behavior of the coaches. Both preaching the importance of doing the right thing until the ball was in their court. Then in both instances they failed to practice what they preached when put to the test.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was I comparing the incidents? Don't be an idiot, of course not. I was comparing the hypocritical behavior of the coaches. Both preaching the importance of doing the right thing until the ball was in their court. Then in both instances they failed to practice what they preached when put to the test.

Yes you were comparing the two coaches and their "moral compasses", further stating that they both put themselves above doing the right thing, as if one is just like the other in this instance. The Sandusky instance was compared by you to the Grayson Allen tripping. You damn well said it and reiterated once again.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone wants to guard Berry, that'd be great.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another let down game by UNC. This team is so soft. I been saying this for awhile. The are a Fraud. I love UNC but this team makes me sick. This is UNC team is in my top 3 of UNC teams I hate watching. Something about them I just don't like. Meeks….soft, Paige….. soft….. Johnson I like him but played soft tonight, Jackson is too up and down. Only player that came to play tonight was Berry.

Oh yeah Roy Williams will you ever recruit some shooters. 3pt shooting is so big in college basketball and he doesn't recruit any. Wake the F up. If you forgot how to recruit retire. Thanks for the great memories. I am a Roy fan but it might be time to say bye.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would like to mention that this was not a voice of support for Cruz. I just think Grayson Allen resembles Cruz a bit.

To answer the Maryland fan:

1. You still haven't answered why the Big Ten didn't suspend Derrick Nix, a player from one of the Big Ten's most marquee program. That tells me that it isn't just an ACC problem.

2. For the majority of its history, half of the ACC was located in the state of North Carolina. It would have dumb not to hold the majority of the ACC Tournaments in the state. FWIW, with Maryland still a member of the ACC, the ACCT in DC bombed in 2005. The next time the ACCT will be held in NC will be in 2019.

3. I would like to see some data on the conference disciplining players for their on court behavior. The last time a Wake player did something like this, he was suspended by the school, not the conference. You really have not provided any specific examples that say "If this player played for Clemson or Wake, then the kid would have been suspended by the ACC."

4. As far as blaming the refs for Duke and UNC's "domination of the conference." That is just a loser's excuse. The last time, UNC or Duke won the ACCT was in 2011. FSU won it in 2012, Miami won in 2013 (before the BE schools joined), UVA (an original member) won in 2014 and Notre Dame won it last year. Duke and North Carolina were just better than Maryland, Wake, Georgia Tech, Virginia and State in most cases. The ACC is the only conference is the country that has two of the top five programs in NCAA Basketball history. The number of conference championships those two schools have won reflect their success, not the weakness of the ACC.

5. Also, the Joe Paterno/Penn State arrogance with the Coach K arrogance is just a terrible comparison. I'm glad @douggie called you out for it. Really shows what lows Maryland fans will go to paint Duke in a negative light (and I've even said that, Coach K should have suspended for Allen, so don't confuse me with being a Duke apologist).

6. Don't see how being a conference where you have zero history with the rest of the members can be fun (I felt the same way when BC left the Big East for the ACC), so good luck with that.