• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Experienced team, absolutely. Loaded with juniors and seniors. And a 27 year old Bernard James haha. The talent on that team doesn't compare to what Leonard has had recently in my opinion. . Guys like Bacon, Issac, Beasley, Mann, MJ Walker, Forrest blow Loucks, Dulkys, Gibson, and Snaer out of the water, although Snaer was a heck of a player. I think that 2012 team was a great "team" because they came together at the right time and played well together. Went from a projected 5-6 before the ACC Tourney to a 3 after winning it.

I think Snaer is one of the best examples of how Hamilton is able to bring in a top 25 recruit and completely botch it up and make him irrelevant...

Also hate how Hamilton seems to not understand how to take advantage of size. We get these 7 footers and don't use them properly. He seems to think their only function is to hopefully get the rebounds when we miss 3 pointers!

And one of you all brought up the 1-3-1 zone issue. OMFG!!! Why do we never have a game plan for that? (Hmmm, maybe that would be the time to start using our size? Just a thought.).

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Snaer is one of the best examples of how Hamilton is able to bring in a top 25 recruit and completely botch it up and make him irrelevant...

Also hate how Hamilton seems to not understand how to take advantage of size. We get these 7 footers and don't use them properly. He seems to think their only function is to hopefully get the rebounds when we miss 3 pointers!

And one of you all brought up the 1-3-1 zone issue. OMFG!!! Why do we never have a game plan for that? (Hmmm, maybe that would be the time to start using our size? Just a thought.).

We will gladly take any 7 footers you have.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GT up over Duke 29-27 at halftime in Durham

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exciting final seconds from N.C. state and the mighty Trevor Lawrence’s.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuse is a great match up for VT. Good ball movement plus a great 3 point shooting team, spells doom for Cuse.

That and J-Rob playing out of his mind. It's nice to be on the other side of a prime time beatdown for once

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke and UVa are easily the best two teams in the conference

think UVa handles Duke on a neutral floor

I love how everyone underestimates Duke, and what exactly will Virginia do that they didn't do in Durham to beat them?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how everyone underestimates Duke, and what exactly will Virginia do that they didn't do in Durham to beat them?

I don't think UVA will shoot it as poorly as they did from 3. That was the main thing. Jerome and Guy missed some wide open looks. I didn't think Jerome played all that well either. We'll see how the game is different with Jones playing the next one.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think UVA will shoot it as poorly as they did from 3. That was the main thing. Jerome and Guy missed some wide open looks. I didn't think Jerome played all that well either. We'll see how the game is different with Jones playing the next one.

So what does UVA do to get better shooting from Guy and Jerome that they didn't get in Durham? Won't they run a similar strategy? They both played nearly the whole game, right?

Again, it just seems Duke is getting underestimated.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does UVA do to get better shooting from Guy and Jerome that they didn't get in Durham? Won't they run a similar strategy? They both played nearly the whole game, right?

Again, it just seems Duke is getting underestimated.

I thought they got great looks. They just didn't make them. And Jerome played really, really bad in the first half. It was probably coming back to the mean though because of how they shot it the game before against Va Tech. I think UVA is probably slightly better overall on a neutral floor. I'm hoping we get this game 4 times this season like we did Duke/MD in 2001.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you're really under-estimating home court advantage, especially Duke's HCA

and UVa shot 17% from deep during their game @ Duke. That isn't likely to happen again.

also, i'm not under-estimating Duke. They're a great team, I just think UVa is better right now. Plenty of time for Duke to change my mind. It's still January.